NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Okay, instead of going on your rant again about HD tv, you may want to either stop watching your HD tv or get an HD monitor, because you obviously aren't the smartest person when you quote someone as saying something they never said. Try reading before replying and try not to take a quote from someone else and attribute it to another person when they didn't say what you manipulated them to have said. You have absolutely no credibility now.

You didn't quote-tag something you took from another publication. God, shut up. If he has no credibility, at least he has company.

Oh I didn't quote tag. Forgive me. Shall I quote tag that? :therock: Yeah, but the difference is that I didn't quote someone as saying something when they didn't say it at all. When someone quotes me as saying something I didn't say, it'd piss me off just like it'd piss you off! If I said it, then fine, if I didn't then it's not fine. Don't sit there and talk about no credibility when you'd be pissed too and don't give me the line you wouldn't be pissed off at him if he quoted someone else on this board and attributed to you.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I would say "that was actually from the article I quoted, not me" and if I really didn't like the person, I'd add ", numbnuts." I don't think I'd rant on and on about how the person has "lost all credibility" because of an honest quote-tag mistake or because I neglected to source something. Pull the eggbeater out of your ass. You have not been besmirched.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Another wonderful application of the new Lightning logo.

boltsfail-1.png

LOL it was so dumb how they had that at centre ice and wore their black jerseys and silver logo

If getting a head start on marketing the new logo is "dumb" then yeah it was totally dumb.

If they used it in commercials or banners outside the arena etc..., it would look fine. But having this giant blue logo at centre ice and having the team wear literally a completely different logo looks dumb. Obviously, they wanna get a head start and promote it, that's expected, but it looks very much out of place on the ice.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That Sens jersey is exactly what I was hoping for. Although I really hope the rumors are wrong and they use real white instead of "vintage white". A few years ago I might have been ok with it but now so many teams are shoehorning it into uniforms to make sure people know it's vintage. This sweater can use real white and still look vintage. When the Winter Classic started both teams used regular white and it looked great. The only team that uses off-white and doesn't look gimmicky is the Wild, and that's because it's a part of their colour scheme. I'm hoping that these new uniforms become popular enough with fans to promote them to the primaries with a matching away (wishful thinking), but vintage white creates a dated look, rather than a timeless look.

This is what Ryan from HJC.com made based on what it's going to look like. I recolored the bottom version replacing vintage white with standard white too see which one looks better...

Sens3rdJerseyOptions.png

Quite frankly, I'm torn. I could see the team going both ways with this and regardless to which road they choose, it will look good either way. The top one would look good because it really gives the jersey an old school flavour and it's a great tribute to the past. I don't think they are abusing the use of vintage white, I think it fits. The colours fit beautifully together.

The bottom reminds me of the jerseys used by the Ottawa 67s and company that are black with some red and white barberpole. This one looks good with regular white and it would not force the Sens to introduce a new color. It would allow them to stick to what they always had. It would also send a message to the rest of the League that says "Hey look, we don't have to jump on the bandwagon like everybody else. We will do our own thing.".

See I really am torn. :wacko:

That Sens jersey is exactly what I was hoping for. Although I really hope the rumors are wrong and they use real white instead of "vintage white". A few years ago I might have been ok with it but now so many teams are shoehorning it into uniforms to make sure people know it's vintage. This sweater can use real white and still look vintage. When the Winter Classic started both teams used regular white and it looked great. The only team that uses off-white and doesn't look gimmicky is the Wild, and that's because it's a part of their colour scheme. I'm hoping that these new uniforms become popular enough with fans to promote them to the primaries with a matching away (wishful thinking), but vintage white creates a dated look, rather than a timeless look.

I never understood the whole fad with "vintage white"

"Yeah, you know what would make our jerseys even cooler? Making it look like it's been left in the sun for several days and running it through the dirt a couple of times!"

The new jerseys BETTER have white. I hate this "vintage white" crap.

OttawaSenators.png

Back on topic we go, the new Jets jerseys have been released...on the knockoff websites!!! (This is in the Jets logo forum as well)

2011_New_Winnipeg_Jets_jerseys_Blank_White_authentic_Hockey_jerseysundefined.jpg

2011_New_Winnipeg_Jets_jerseys_Blank_Blue_Football_authentic_jerseys_48_56_Drop_shippingundefined.jpg

These were debunked today at Icethetics as photoshopped 'Jackets jerseys - not even a photo of a "real" fake jersey... buyer beware!!!

canada.png

I never understood the whole fad with "vintage white"

"Yeah, you know what would make our jerseys even cooler? Making it look like it's been left in the sun for several days and running it through the dirt a couple of times!"

The new jerseys BETTER have white. I hate this "vintage white" crap.

This

This is what Ryan from HJC.com made based on what it's going to look like. I recolored the bottom version replacing vintage white with standard white too see which one looks better...

Sens3rdJerseyOptions.png

Quite frankly, I'm torn. I could see the team going both ways with this and regardless to which road they choose, it will look good either way. The top one would look good because it really gives the jersey an old school flavour and it's a great tribute to the past. I don't think they are abusing the use of vintage white, I think it fits. The colours fit beautifully together.

The bottom reminds me of the jerseys used by the Ottawa 67s and company that are black with some red and white barberpole. This one looks good with regular white and it would not force the Sens to introduce a new color. It would allow them to stick to what they always had. It would also send a message to the rest of the League that says "Hey look, we don't have to jump on the bandwagon like everybody else. We will do our own thing.".

I agree, both are very good, but if it were up to me, I'd go with the regular white. It just looks a bit better to me, and the vintage white reminds me of the Chicago 3rd a bit too much.

Sens3rdJerseyOptions.png

If these end up being the real deal I actually really like these.

I'd like to see a return of the "home whites," if for no other reason than fans in each market can get a look at each of their opponents' more colorful uniforms. A parade of visiting teams coming through a city wearing "road whites" means each game looks nearly identical to the fans in the stands.

How many times does it have to be said? It's not the 1960s any more. You can watch your team in the road wherever they're playing on High Definition television these days. You can watch any game in the league on any given night with the right cable package. The "we need to wear white at home to keep things visually interesting for the fans" argument has no merit in the year 2011.

I don't go to many hockey games, but I go to / work at every Eagles game. There's something cool about being there live and seeing the "enemy" come in showing their "battle" colors. In the NFL, you get them all in their colored gear on the sideline even if they're wearing their white uniforms (especially in the winter when they all have on their parkas) but in the NHL, going to game after game of black vs white (back when the Flyers wore black and when I went to more games) really sucked.

I get your point, but you're discounting the live experience too much.

I get that, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that more fans watch games on tv then they do live. For the majority of the fanbase the dark home/road white system isn't boring. Granted it may come off as dull for the fans in attendance, but as I said it wouldn't surprise me if the fans that go to the home games on even a semi-regular basis are in the minority. Personally, if I went to a rare home game for my team, I'd want to see the team wear their "signature" sweaters. For most teams (the team I follow, admittedly, being an exception) the darks are the signatures.

Strongly disagree. While it's a stellar design, making it the primary jersey would significantly lessen it's impact. It is after all a "Heritage Jersey." This retro fad is getting beyond ridiculous. The Senators had a great, unique identity when they entered the league and it'd be a shame if it was wiped away completely (yes the current home and away jerseys are atrocious). Bring back the inaugural jerseys and keep this as third.

I disagree. The Roman theme is a product of the 90s, and it takes to many connections to tie it into the Senators name. The vintage =O= look ties into the history of hockey in Ottawa and gives the city a look for its NHL team on par with the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs' in terms of timelessness and legacy. Seeing as no other team has a claim on the history of Senators 1.0 I wouldn't have a problem with the current team running with it full time.

Okay, instead of going on your rant again about HD tv, you may want to either stop watching your HD tv or get an HD monitor, because you obviously aren't the smartest person when you quote someone as saying something they never said. Try reading before replying and try not to take a quote from someone else and attribute it to another person when they didn't say what you manipulated them to have said. You have absolutely no credibility now.

admiral already covered this, but seeing as how you were addressing me, I feel I should weigh in.

Learn how to wrap info that isn't yours in quote tags if you don't want it attributed to you in future quotes.

I think I'd like a classic Ottawa barberpole theme just as much as I'd like a modern laurel-leaf Roman centurion theme. And this is the absolute worst possible scenario.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've seen this in 3 places now, including this Photoshop:

winter-classic-uniforms.jpg

LOL you can tell it' fake just because of Avery. Of all the players for the Rangers to market with, Avery?!?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived