NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The image on Puck Daddy:

is_this_the_new_york_islanders_new_black_rd_jersey.jpg

wyshynski Greg Wyshynski

Like we said on the post: No idea if it's a finished concept for #Isles 3rd jersey. But based on its origin, it's a legit ... something.

Oof. I hope not. That is one seriously confused sweater.

I just lost my meal. And yesterday's meals. And blood.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like a mash-up of every sweater trend I hate;

1. Front-lettering

2. BFBS

3. Off-color name plate

I'm surprised they didn't try to jam a circular logo and some light blue on it somewhere.

(I hope it's a fake.)

It's like a mash-up of every sweater trend I hate;

1. Front-lettering

2. BFBS

3. Off-color name plate

I'm surprised they didn't try to jam a circular logo and some light blue on it somewhere.

(I hope it's a fake.)

I hope it's legit, otherwise there is still time for them to add a foaxback circular logo and some light blue.

70389454.png

Why a serifed block knockoff font on the names and numbers, but a curved modern font on the front?

Why a contrasting nameplate?

Why a 3-color team name, 2-color numbers, and 1-color player names?

Why the Ducks' alternate template?

Why numbers on the pants?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The image on Puck Daddy:

wyshynski Greg Wyshynski

Like we said on the post: No idea if it's a finished concept for #Isles 3rd jersey. But based on its origin, it's a legit ... something.

That's worse than the Captain Highliner jersey!

It's confused as mentioned above.

The parts do not go together--it looks slapped together at random.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The image on Puck Daddy:

wyshynski Greg Wyshynski

I like how the Islanders have seen how bad the Mets look in black and still said, "yeah, let's go with that."

sportslogosnet Chris Creamer

Isles: "That is one of the 3rd jersey designs we are considering. At the appropriate time we'll announce the Isles official 3rd jersey."

You mean the Islanders are actually considering using this peice of expletive!? This organization is definitely clueless. You would think they had learned their lesson after their first Reebok Edge debacles

Archived