NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

After just completing a change to a more traditional look based on their history, why would the Islanders go for such a different third jersey design? I love when teams use their alternate look to expand on their identity but this seems completely disjoint from what they're trying to do uniform-wise.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's clearly not a real concept, because, as I mentioned above, it's missing the Reebok wordmark. Wouldn't any official rendering include that?

Also, when not the same color, hockey pants should always be darker than the sweater. Maybe red with a blue sweater like the Rangers works (though one could probably argue that the blue isn't technically darker than the red.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All 5 remaining Islander fans should threaten to drop their season tickets if this abomination is it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

sportslogosnet Chris Creamer

Isles: "That is one of the 3rd jersey designs we are considering. At the appropriate time we'll announce the Isles official 3rd jersey."

Assuming this was a legit proposal, the fact that they didn't toss that into the garbage as soon as they saw it leads me to believe that the official unveiling is probably gonna be pretty underwhelming.

The image on Puck Daddy:

is_this_the_new_york_islanders_new_black_rd_jersey.jpg

wyshynski Greg Wyshynski

Like we said on the post: No idea if it's a finished concept for #Isles 3rd jersey. But based on its origin, it's a legit ... something.

So it's a black jersey... that says "Islanders" on it? Somewhere the Gorton's Fisherman is busting a gut.

Nothing wrong with the colour combo, but haven't they realized that jerseys that have nothing but a wordmark alone have failed miserably all but once (NYR Anniversary 3rd)? And can we stop with the ugly shoulder piping? That's never worked. I mean, it is the Isles, so I'm not expecting quality here, since they have one of the ugliest logo's in pro sports, but even a little creativity with these might attract a few more fans to their pathetic little franchise.

Those jerseys are terrible. They have practically every bad hockey uni design element. BFBS, script on front, different color nameplate, and pants that are lighter than the jersey. No to mention the out of place collar laces, and utter lack of color balance. If the Islanders end up going with these they would definitely be the worst in the NHL, and in the conversation for worst NHL uniform ever IMO.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

there's no way they could even consider this. it's pathetic to say the least. nothing makes sense at all with it. the design isn't terrible but it's not good either. the shoulders would make more sense if they were blue and a white stripe under the orange stripe. the blue pit marks are unnecessary... oh as well as a black base for the jersey, looks terrible. the script as a front logo is hideous. side lines on the jersey don't even flow with the pant stripes... the back numbers are too big, not to mention the white name plate looks out of place... numbers on the pants?

just, no thank you to all of it. what they have now is perfectly fine.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Well, considering the team said there were considering it, there is a way. Do I think it's the final design? No ... or at least I hope not.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Well, considering the team said there were considering it, there is a way. Do I think it's the final design? No ... or at least I hope not.

is there a link that actually from the team itself saying that?

teams hardly ever leak concepts, they may leak color schemes or logos now and then but nothing this extensive and poorly rendered.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The more I see the :censored: that Chuckles and his crew in Uniondale come up with I am left to ask the following two questions..

1) How did this man become as wealthy as he is with seemingly no business sense?

2) Since it seems that Sanjay was the business brain when does he get out of federal prison?

Just when I think Wang can't make anymore PR blunders we get the failed arena referendum (which would have passed 8 years ago but for Wang's greed) that granted isn't binding nor did I think would pass. Then we get the leak of these :censored:ty jerseys. As bad as these look, and they look so damn bad I don't think they could force the inmates at Nassau County jail to wear crap like that. I know these are only a concept being considered but if they are considering these what they actually choose will be 50x worse. I have no faith in the Islanders anymore.

is there a link that actually from the team itself saying that?

Yes.

teams hardly ever leak concepts, they may leak color schemes or logos now and then but nothing this extensive and poorly rendered.

True, but that's because the circle of people privy to concepts is relatively small; team, design firm and league. Most leaks come when suppliers and manufacturers get involved.

Nonetheless, this is a legitimate leak. And unlike late leaks of merchandise, this one is easily traced.

The Islanders jersey looks like someone decided to see how many different uniform templates they could throw onto one jersey; yoke, college-esque script, lace-up, Ducks-esque ****ty side panels, off-color nameplate, with some new fun such as numbers on the pants and icing a roster of albinos.

The Islanders jersey looks like someone decided to see how many different uniform templates they could throw onto one jersey; yoke, college-esque script, lace-up, Ducks-esque ****ty side panels, off-color nameplate, with some new fun such as numbers on the pants and icing a roster of albinos.

I'm in complete agreement. This jersey is the culmination of every awful idea Reebok has had since 2007.

-Uninspired collegiate script in place of logo

-Lame click-and-fill template.

-Obtrusive, unnecessary side panels

-Useless additional numbers (pants)

-Trendy but awful looking contrasting nameplate for no logical reason other than to cash in...

-Pit Stains

The only thing missing is some nice apron piping... or maybe a contrasting box on the back of the shoulder yoke to put the Reebok logo in <_<

Archived