NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Islanders jersey looks like someone decided to see how many different uniform templates they could throw onto one jersey; yoke, college-esque script, lace-up, Ducks-esque ****ty side panels, off-color nameplate, with some new fun such as numbers on the pants and icing a roster of albinos.

I'm in complete agreement. This jersey is the culmination of every awful idea Reebok has had since 2007.

-Uninspired collegiate script in place of logo

-Lame click-and-fill template.

-Obtrusive, unnecessary side panels

-Useless additional numbers (pants)

-Trendy but awful looking contrasting nameplate for no logical reason other than to cash in...

-Pit Stains

The only thing missing is some nice apron piping... or maybe a contrasting box on the back of the shoulder yoke to put the Reebok logo in <_<

Yes, but soon we will be able to own a counterfeit version of it due to it's populatity.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Unless the Lightning also added silver as an accent color to the uniforms the recent EA Sports "Legends" trailer looks to have the wrong colors for the numbers:

stamkos_yzerman.png

Looks to be blue-silver-blue but when I zoomed in it looked like the outer outline could be black

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I love how they used Chris Chelios as one of the 5 legends.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 currently unveiled. Not there are still 4 silhouettes.

Gretzky, Chelios, Bourque, Yzerman, Roy, Roenick, and Salming. That's 7, including the lone goalie. So my guess the remaining two will be Howe/Orr and possibly Sakic/Lafleur/Brett Hull/. Just a feeling.

PS - it REALLY irks me that they don't have the appropriate Leafs' jersey for Salming. How can you put him in anything but the Ballard bore? Ughhh!!!! They used to have that jersey available in the earlier titles... major fail on EA's part.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Howe and Orr should most certainly be the remaining two. Assuming that the previous sentence is true, they should have replaced Salming with Mario Lemieux, and Chelios with Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Howe and Orr should most certainly be the remaining two. Assuming that the previous sentence is true, they should have replaced Salming with Mario Lemieux, and Chelios with Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

One silhouette has a helmet, the other does not, hence why I think it's either/or.

In addition, Lemieux has been very stingy over the years in licensing himself out (hence no Old Time Hockey branded merchandise with his name on it... remember, this is the man who licensed out his signature so people had to pay royalties to reproduce it).

All these players are ones who probably allowed their likeness to be used for a reasonable amount (and I'm sure Gretzky had to under the Slapshot contract). So bitch at the players, not the makers of the game for their non-inclusion in the game.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Leave it to the NHL series to add more and more gimmicks instead of improving gameplay.

Sad, but true. You'd think somebody in the year 2012 would be able to make a hockey game where teammates don't run into each other, or know to stand in a reasonable place for a pass. My favorite part has to be the fighting which clears everyone off the ice except the two players fighting. Then they play one of two ending videos, one of which has a glitch where you can see through the players jersey.

I think this move might be a bit inspired by NBA 2k11 where you can play as Jordan.

5 currently unveiled. Not there are still 4 silhouettes.

Gretzky, Chelios, Bourque, Yzerman, Roy, Roenick, and Salming. That's 7, including the lone goalie. So my guess the remaining two will be Howe/Orr and possibly Sakic/Lafleur/Brett Hull/. Just a feeling.

PS - it REALLY irks me that they don't have the appropriate Leafs' jersey for Salming. How can you put him in anything but the Ballard bore? Ughhh!!!! They used to have that jersey available in the earlier titles... major fail on EA's part.

Um, since Salming only played in the Ballard Leaf jersey, that would be the proper jersey. End of story. Jeremy Roenick as a legend? Wow! That's very disappointing. Most people would think Bobby Hull or Stan Mikita over blabber-mouth Jeremy Roenick. That's not to say ol' blabber-mouth wasn't a good player, but he is no legend. Legends make their mark on the game, and I'm trying to figure out besides JR's mouth, what mark he left on the game. The only thing I remember JR was him running his mouth about Patrick Roy only to have Patrick come back with the ultimate line, "I cannot really hear what Jeremy says because I've got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ear(s)."

Archived