NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was just the alternate jersey anyway. It's a shame they are not used anymore. They looked very awesome and I loved them and certain games would of looked great when the Hawks (if they wore the black alt) battled certain other teams that have new uniforms for this year.

Agreed habsfan. I do think that the Blackhawks have some of the best primary home and road uniforms in the NHL, but their alternate was a nice change of pace and looked great. At the very least they should have kept those awesome alternate pants and used them with the home and road jersey.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

The problem is that when you jerk yourself off over having The Greatest Logo In Sports History as much as the Blackhawks have for the last four years, you can't wear a uniform that doesn't have that logo on it. Also, it said "Black Hawks Chicago," when the team's name is clearly "Chicago Blackhawks" (even though I personally think "Black Hawks" makes more sense as the chief's name is rendered as two words almost all the time). Also, that crest was small and ugly. Also, you couldn't read the numbers. So yeah, no huge loss. The Winter Classic was fun. The Hawks lost. It was almost three years ago. Moving on.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No thirds for the Blackhawks this season, just awesome white and red sweaters 41+ times a year.

This move reminds me of when McDonough felt the Cubs were overdoing it with the blue jerseys (remember when they had one NOB and one sans?) and went to white/grey only for 2007. Good move then, good move now. The same brand dilution was happening with the Blackhawks and the rudimentary Indian head.

I agree. It is a good move by the Hawks. It was a good move by the Cubs (though regrettably I believe they went back to the blue the next year). I wish the White Sox would put a moratorium on the black jerseys, or at least limit them to being worn once a week.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I may be exaggerating a tad, but they've consistently made a big deal about what a great logo it is since McDonough came in. If anyone actually said that verbatim, it was probably McDonough early on before he got a better idea of when to take his foot off the gas. And I mean yeah it is a really good logo, my personal favorite, but sometimes I feel like they dwell on it a little too much as if it's something much bigger than what it really is. And I know lots of teams other than the Hawks do the whole "omfg you NEVER walk on the sacred, beloved parchment logo woven into the carpeting," most notoriously the dopey-ass Tampa Bay Lightning, but come on now. Cool it a little.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Also, it said "Black Hawks Chicago," when the team's name is clearly "Chicago Blackhawks" (even though I personally think "Black Hawks" makes more sense as the chief's name is rendered as two words almost all the time).

LOVE it when folks bitch about historically accurate logos/colors (the comment about beige) just because folks think the team is wearing them because it's "in." Idiots...

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=7

The problem is that when you jerk yourself off over having The Greatest Logo In Sports History as much as the Blackhawks have for the last four years, you can't wear a uniform that doesn't have that logo on it. Also, it said "Black Hawks Chicago," when the team's name is clearly "Chicago Blackhawks" (even though I personally think "Black Hawks" makes more sense as the chief's name is rendered as two words almost all the time). Also, that crest was small and ugly. Also, you couldn't read the numbers. So yeah, no huge loss. The Winter Classic was fun. The Hawks lost. It was almost three years ago. Moving on.

The name is Blackhawks only since 1986. It was Black Hawks before.

If only the wild could get one of those unis right. that green/white-gold/red scheme has so much potential to make for amazing uniforms.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

God, what is that Aeros crap. Let's pick out a couple of widely-derided unrelated Edge templates from the initial rollout and go with those for the home and road, sure, why not. Well, now their look is as ugly and disjointed as their parent club, so congratulations on that, I guess.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The North Stars didn't have a coherent look starting in 1981, and the Wild are just following suit.

It follows their year-2000-roots with the modern white, their NHL heritage with their classic red, and their state's hockey history with their vintage green. It's disjointed, but it does everything without trying to mix it all together.

I honestly don't understand the flak the Wild takes for their look.

These Aeros jerseys aren't bad. The whites look an awful lot like Norfolk though, the rest is alright. Interesting to see different colored versions of the Wild's jerseys, rather than carbon copies (like Carolina and Charlotte)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Minnesota, please just go back to this and put us all out of our misery.

Wild04.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Minnesota, please just go back to this and put us all out of our misery.

Wild04.png

THANK YOU! I don't know what Minnesota Wild management was thinking by straying away from that.

I remember when the team introduced their original white home jersey for the very first time in November 1999 and former general manager Doug Risebrough had said at the unveiling event at Roseville Skating Center that the primary logo and jersey was to be the "flag" of the new expansion franchise. Okay, now how about that? Some sticking to a "flag", huh? Yes, the primary logo is still in place, but then the team made each uniform disconnected with the other two.

When the original red alternate jersey was added, it looked great. Now as a home jersey, I HATE the friggin' shoulder yolk. WTF do they need it for? It's pointless. Take the damn thing off. Then the same thing is put on the current green alternate jersey. Ugh, unbelievable. And that wordmark logo stinks. I know its supposed to be a part of that heritage theme and all, but I don't like the wordmark as part of the jersey crest trend. We've seen how that has worked for Anaheim, Dallas and Ottawa. I can't say it's doing so great for Buffalo and Tampa Bay, is it?

I like the cream color for another alternate jersey, except for the shoulder yolk and wordmark logo placed on the Houston Aeros one. And Houston's white jersey is an eyesore.

Archived