NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better placed trim

Something we all hope for, really.

I find it odd that one of the jerseys behind Stamkos has a white-black-white sleeve number, while the other has the full back in single-layer white. Maybe that one's a leftover from the initial unveiling. Regardless, this year's a wash for Tampa Bay aesthetically. Hopefully for '12-'13, we see the return of victory stripes, and some additional black detailing along the sleeve and hem stripes, as promised. A bit of black drop-shadowing on the main crest would go a long way, too.

And yes, black shells and helmets would help immensely. At the very least, I'd expect those to arrive when the current "Bolts" alternate gets dumped and a new black alt takes its place.

Why have black trim on the pants if it isn't anywhere else? Is it me or are the bolts on the pants backwards?

The Lightning unveiled a set completely devoid of black and got rightfully ripped for it. So they decided to add black back in, but couldn't really touch the jerseys, since the retail replicas were already being produced en masse overseas. So they added it to the pants and to the numbers, with promises of further revision for the season after. This look is very much a work in progress.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why have black trim on the pants if it isn't anywhere else? Is it me or are the bolts on the pants backwards?

Even though the team themselves have stated that changes are comming in the future, this whole color balance problem is going to be hard to fix. The set might be near perfect is everything was trimmed in black, yet the investment made on the logo makes it untouchable, which means they can't add a black trim around it to complete it. Which means still more color unbalance because everything would contain some black expect the logo(s).

IMO (almost) completely ditch the blue and replace it all with black. Blue was only a minor colour before, no need to make it the primary colour. Black is in the true identity of the team, and should be displayed that way. I don't even see where they got the idea to put blue as the main colour instead of black. Grey (or silver, whatever colour it is) would've made more sense (though it would look bad).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm sorry but it really annoys me that people are so close-minded that they can't accept that red and green look good and go together because they are complimentary colors. I deal with it at work, every time the colors of red and green are being tried out. It's always, "Oh no, we can't use that. It looks too much like Christmas." I wish these people would walk outside and look at nature as a lot of plants are red and green.

So what you're really saying is that you're annoyed that other people have opinions that differ from yours. And as a result, THEY'RE the close-minded ones. Got it.

I don't mind the Wild's color scheme in general. And I love the original white jerseys and the more recent green ones -- all of which minimize the use of red. But i'm going to join the chorus of the closed-minded when I say I can't stand the red uniforms EXACTLY because the way they're designed makes then look like a one-off novelty Christmas-time promotion for a minor league team.

It'll be trim on the numbers, as seen on the jersey to the left. The jersey on the right is just the original one they debuted before the fans voiced their opinion about ditching black and they added it back.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Adding the black to the numbers have done nothing but detract from what was unveiled as a great look for Tampa Bay.

The bolt on the pants is a plus, and was really my only concern with the new look and i am glad they added it, but it shouldn't have the black trim. What has been done to this set now is a complete abomination.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I really wish they'd add some bright "electric" yellow to the set. Keep the same new look, but in addition to a little more black trim, make some of the elements highlighter yellow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm sorry but it really annoys me that people are so close-minded that they can't accept that red and green look good and go together because they are complimentary colors. I deal with it at work, every time the colors of red and green are being tried out. It's always, "Oh no, we can't use that. It looks too much like Christmas." I wish these people would walk outside and look at nature as a lot of plants are red and green.

So what you're really saying is that you're annoyed that other people have opinions that differ from yours. And as a result, THEY'RE the close-minded ones. Got it.

I don't mind the Wild's color scheme in general. And I love the original white jerseys and the more recent green ones -- all of which minimize the use of red. But i'm going to join the chorus of the closed-minded when I say I can't stand the red uniforms EXACTLY because the way they're designed makes then look like a one-off novelty Christmas-time promotion for a minor league team.

oddball isn't the most personable poster here, but I happen to agree with him on this one. The idea that certain colour schemes must be pegged to a holiday or fast food chain is ridiculous. It gets tiring seeing "lol McDonald's" every time a red and athletic gold uniform is discussed, and the same goes for red and green and the Christmas connotation. Green and red are definitely associated with that holiday, but that holiday doesn't own those colours, and it gets slightly tiresome to read "lol Christmas" posts every time a red and green uniform is discussed.

Besides, it's an inconsistent argument. No one claims the Flyers look like Halloween decorations, do they?

oddball isn't the most personable poster here, but I happen to agree with him on this one. The idea that certain colour schemes must be pegged to a holiday or fast food chain is ridiculous. It gets tiring seeing "lol McDonald's" every time a red and athletic gold uniform is discussed, and the same goes for red and green and the Christmas connotation. Green and red are definitely associated with that holiday, but that holiday doesn't own those colours, and it gets slightly tiresome to read "lol Christmas" posts every time a red and green uniform is discussed.

Besides, it's an inconsistent argument. No one claims the Flyers look like Halloween decorations, do they?

Actually, I have heard that quite a bit about the Flyers. Namely stupid people saying, "LOL theyre jerseys look like there pumpkins ROFLMFAO."

PvO6ZWJ.png

My problem with the Wild's current colour scheme isn't that it reminds me of Christmas

What do you have against Christmas? People say this and I never understood why it's all that bad. Black and yellow remind me of Caterpillar Machines... red, white, and blue remind me of the US flag and 4th of July... green and white remind me of St. Patrick's day and the Irish. What's so overtly wrong with a team matching the color scheme of something that doesn't have to do with sports?

Alright, let's remove the holiday connotation from the discussion. Why aren't red and green used more often as a combination in professional sports? Is it just because nobody ever thinks of it? No, it's because it doesn't look good. The Devils came to their senses years ago. The Wild should follow, or at least go back to using it minimally.

Orange and black don't get the Halloween comparisons because it's a far more widely used color palette in professional sports. That's because, when paired together, it looks good. People like it. We don't have to use some derisive comparison with a holiday to mock it.

Alright, let's remove the holiday connotation from the discussion. Why aren't red and green used more often as a combination in professional sports? Is it just because nobody ever thinks of it? No, it's because it doesn't look good. The Devils came to their senses years ago. The Wild should follow, or at least go back to using it minimally.

Orange and black don't get the Halloween comparisons because it's a far more widely used color palette in professional sports. That's because, when paired together, it looks good. People like it. We don't have to use some derisive comparison with a holiday to mock it.

Not by much, though.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not by much, though.

Maybe it's better said to say it's more widely used in "sports," just not professional. It's a pretty common combination for high schools.

My problem with the Wild's current colour scheme isn't that it reminds me of Christmas

What do you have against Christmas? People say this and I never understood why it's all that bad. Black and yellow remind me of Caterpillar Machines... red, white, and blue remind me of the US flag and 4th of July... green and white remind me of St. Patrick's day and the Irish. What's so overtly wrong with a team matching the color scheme of something that doesn't have to do with sports?

Sigh...

I said my problem IS NOT that the colour scheme reminds me of Christmas.

My problem with it is that I liked the North Stars colour scheme so much more. If the Devils went back to red and green, I'd have no problem with it. In my opinion Minnesota's team should be called the North Stars and wear green and yellow.

thecatch.jpg

Archived