NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking at these pictures http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=23503&location=/photos&pg=1

and either it's just me or the pants worn by Carter and Wisniewski appear far shinier than anything in the past.

It seems like it'd be better for a color matching, which is a big problem for the Wild and a lot of other teams with lighter colored pants.

Maybe the shiny versus flat pants debate has made its way over from football.

Those are some ugly hockey pants.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I know the difference between there and their, but for :censored:s sake people it's a damn message board not a grammar test.

Fixed. We're aware that it isn't a grammar test, but posts full of errors like that post tend to grind on quite a few peoples' nerves.

people's

I'm looking at these pictures http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=23503&location=/photos&pg=1

and either it's just me or the pants worn by Carter and Wisniewski appear far shinier than anything in the past.

It seems like it'd be better for a color matching, which is a big problem for the Wild and a lot of other teams with lighter colored pants.

Maybe the shiny versus flat pants debate has made its way over from football.

Not just you. Those things just seem wrong.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Purple deleted from NHL Color Scheme -

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Kings are changing their jerseys and dropping purple from their team colours for the upcoming season.

Kings executive Luc Robitaille says fans have been clamouring for the club to return to the black, silver and white colour scheme adopted in 1988.

So Los Angeles' black third jerseys worn during the past two seasons are becoming their primary home jerseys. The black jersey features a shield with a smaller crown topped by the letters "LA."

The Kings are making a white version of the same jersey to wear in every road game this season.

The "LA" crest also is the Kings' new primary logo. The crown will remain a secondary Kings logo, but it won't feature purple, which was added to the Kings' colour scheme in 1998.

Article

Commissioner, V League

http://vleague.vetsson.net

The purple worked with the athletic gold, but the purple, black, and silver colour scheme seemed way to dreary. I like that the Kings are returning to the colour scheme associated with their most relevant years, though the logo they're using leaves a lot to be desired.

Can't mourn the loss of purple too much. Every LA Kings color scheme was ganked from a team with "Los Angeles" or "Kings" in its name. As I said before, the Ducks' black/bronze/orange would've been a way for the Kings to finally have a palette to call their own, but the Ducks exist, so hmph.

Also may have posited this in the past: what about just purple and white?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As I said before, the Ducks' black/bronze gold/orange would've been a way for the Kings to finally have a palette to call their own, but the Ducks exist, so hmph.

Fixed :P

Just Black and Gold could have worked for the Kings if the Ducks never used them. Orange, not so much.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Can't mourn the loss of purple too much. Every LA Kings color scheme was ganked from a team with "Los Angeles" or "Kings" in its name. As I said before, the Ducks' black/bronze/orange would've been a way for the Kings to finally have a palette to call their own, but the Ducks exist, so hmph.

Also may have posited this in the past: what about just purple and white?

That scheme doesn't even work for the Ducks (no duck colours) let alone the Kings

Not sure if this is the right place for this but newly added Mike Smith showed off his new mask he will be wearing for the Coyotes season. Mike-Smith-Phoenix-Coyotes-2.jpg

Mike-Smith-Phoenix-Coyotes-5.jpg

More here

I dig the Wile E. Coyote theme but I was hoping for a more desert themed mask. Either way I hope he can step up and take Bryz's place.

PopHeading-1.gif

I dig the Wile E. Coyote theme but I was hoping for a more desert themed mask. Either way I hope he can step up and take Bryz's place.

With this theme, which I like, he totally needs to strike a deal to cover up the manufacturer on at least some of his gear with the "ACME Co".

Archived