NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Ugh the more is see the Jets logo, the more I hate it. It has not grown on me at all.

I think I've actually grown to dislike it. I really liked it when it was unveiled. Now, it's like "meh". But we're stuck with it and it will undoubtedly influence future sports logo design.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone remember when the Oilers had their logo at the blue line?

I think I do, but even if they didn't I still love the idea...unlike the NBA where some teams take liberties with adventurous court designs (some good, some f-ing terrible) It seems that most if not all hockey teams take more predictable and safe approaches to their designs. I wish hockey teams would do a little bit more with their ice designs. I'm not saying to screw with the lines or make it impossible to see the puck of anything, but try something different from time to time; make it a little more interesting.

Well the Rangers tried mixing it up last year and it failed miserably:

photo.jpg

Of course we won't know what they'll be going with for this season until mid-October or so since they can't host a preseason game and open in Europe followed by a game at the Nassau Mausoleum and a Western Canada trip before finally taking to a Phase-I completed MSG ice at the end of October vs. the Leafs.

Also, the seats will all be black when the dust settles (literally), it's not 1991 anymore...

http://www.msgtransformation.com/EarthCam.aspx

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I think I do, but even if they didn't I still love the idea...unlike the NBA where some teams take liberties with adventurous court designs (some good, some f-ing terrible) It seems that most if not all hockey teams take more predictable and safe approaches to their designs. I wish hockey teams would do a little bit more with their ice designs. I'm not saying to screw with the lines or make it impossible to see the puck of anything, but try something different from time to time; make it a little more interesting.

What needs to happen is that the NHL rescinds the rule about on ice logos violating the lines. The rule has screwed up many center ice designs, and now the Jets are another casualty. Even with having to keep within the center circle I think most teams could put down something that looks good, but to have this 18" wide stripe down the middle that you cant use ruins it for most of them.

What needs to happen is that the NHL rescinds the rule about on ice logos violating the lines. The rule has screwed up many center ice designs, and now the Jets are another casualty. Even with having to keep within the center circle I think most teams could put down something that looks good, but to have this 18" wide stripe down the middle that you cant use ruins it for most of them.

While the red line cutting through logos ruins a good deal of centre ice designs, I can see the logic in it. More teams just need to go the double logo route.

This....

AirCanadaCentre3.jpg

Is infinitely more preferable to this....

redflags600_090310.jpg

This, however, beats both of them out :D

images-3.jpg

^ I like the Kings simplified look with the black and silver and the crown looks better, glad to see they are still featuring it. Re: the Jets, I was so happy that they brought back the name, but the second I saw the logo I just instantly stopped caring. Its just so "meh" and clip arty. There's just nothing attractive or interesting about it at all. If the Jet itself had a bit more detail or sense of motion, it would be so much better. I agree with BBTV's analysis above.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

They're always wrong, hence 'Merica. We had to leave and get it right. Next you're gunna tell me France always fights to the bitter end...

This from a country that thought Britain was trying force everyone to become Catholics...

This from a country that... OH WAIT, you're not even a real country. Bummer man.

Did that take you all of 2 minuets to find out in Wikipedia?

We're taught in history class up here that the American Revolution created two countries, not one. The US, obviously, but also Canada, because the American victory in your rebellion caused Tories (those loyal to the British crown) to head to Canada. Hence Canada, as we recognize it today, began to take shape in the wake of the American Rebellion as a counterbalance to the United States. Whereas the US was the experimental, radical democracy Canada was forged for those who remained loyal to the Crown.

Now you guys tried to extend your little rebellion in Canada a few times. During the revolution you invaded Quebec...and were repulsed. In the War of 1812 you attempted to invade both Upper Canada (Ontario) and Lower Canada (Quebec)...and were repulsed. During the rebellions of 1838 you guys gave underhanded support to the rebels fighting the Crown governments...and those failed. Honestly, looking back, is it any real surprise we supported the Confederacy?

My larger point is this. We're who we are because of our history, and your country has tried to drag us into your Union more then once, and you've failed each and every time. It's the year 2011 now. We can be friends and accept each other's differences, or you can be a snarky :censored: about it. If you choose the latter that's fine, but we're still here :flagcanada:

Oh, also, you and vmd9 should save each other some time and collaborate on your material.

Jesus, is it really necessary to pick on Canada here... or, well, anywhere? Just post your gripes about Canada somewhere on your site, and if someone wants to read them, they can click on one of your 50 links.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well the Rangers tried mixing it up last year and it failed miserably:

[picture of ugly ass arena]

Of course we won't know what they'll be going with for this season until mid-October or so since they can't host a preseason game and open in Europe followed by a game at the Nassau Mausoleum and a Western Canada trip before finally taking to a Phase-I completed MSG ice at the end of October vs. the Leafs.

Also, the seats will all be black when the dust settles (literally), it's not 1991 anymore...

http://www.msgtransformation.com/EarthCam.aspx

Will the Rangers be following the same absurd schedule for the next three years as well?

Archived