NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I successfully touched a nerve. Back to hockey.

So you admit to trolling? Ok then. Back to hockey indeed.

I wouldn't go so far as trolling, but yeah I try to give you hosers :censored: when I can (it's my duty as an American). Anyway, one love.

Ok now meet us at the border and bring some jack in the box. We will bring the Tim Horton's and everything will be ok

Well, I successfully touched a nerve. Back to hockey.

So you admit to trolling? Ok then. Back to hockey indeed.

I wouldn't go so far as trolling, but yeah I try to give you hosers :censored: when I can (it's my duty as an American). Anyway, one love.

Ok now meet us at the border and bring some jack in the box. We will bring the Tim Horton's and everything will be ok

I live in Illinois, we don't have Jack in the Box, nor do we have In and Out Burger. I'll bring some Chicago style hot dogs = NO :censored:ING KETCHUP.

Guess some people are still sour from the 2010 winter olympics Hockey. That's ok, at least you guys have free health care like us... Oh wait sorry my bad. (scanning for grammer before posting, seems alright.)

You might want to check your spelling and capitalization next time, too.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I see no point in trash-talking our largest trade partner and closest ally. That goes both ways, of course.

So anyway, this would be a case where there should be one Jets logo on each side of the red line rather than One Big Logo. I agree that they should relax the rules on the red line bisecting the center ice logo. Without the two-line pass, it serves no real purpose, so just have those phantom lines the way the NBA does at center court.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Without the two-line pass, it serves no real purpose, so just have those phantom lines the way the NBA does at center court.

The redline defines icing but I agree it could be "phamtomed".

You should be able to call icing without the entire red line there. (Hint: they cleared the puck really far)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well since the red line is really only used for icing, because they took the two line pass out, then I have no problem with them painting a full logo on the ice and not breaking it up with the red line. Besides, most icing calls that happen from near the red line usually come from near the boards where the red line is still painted. I don't think I've ever seen an icing from near dead center of the ice. I may have, I just don't remember.

Check out the official Jets website. It has Tobias Enstrom in the background and from the upper view we're given, he's wearing a light blue jersey with a navy collar. Maybe it's just a pic of him in his old Thrashers jersey, but maybe it's not. Why would they promote in large format a pic of a player wearing a jersey that's no longer in use?

Check out the official Jets website. It has Tobias Enstrom in the background and from the upper view we're given, he's wearing a light blue jersey with a navy collar. Maybe it's just a pic of him in his old Thrashers jersey, but maybe it's not.

I'm sure the shades of blue mean nothing since the entire background image is tinted blue.

I've got no problem with the centre line cutting through the logos at centre ice. It is what it is. Putting a small logo each side of it just looks weak - too much white space around. Ideally, yeah get rid of the line over the logo, but oh well.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I think I do, but even if they didn't I still love the idea...unlike the NBA where some teams take liberties with adventurous court designs (some good, some f-ing terrible) It seems that most if not all hockey teams take more predictable and safe approaches to their designs. I wish hockey teams would do a little bit more with their ice designs. I'm not saying to screw with the lines or make it impossible to see the puck of anything, but try something different from time to time; make it a little more interesting.

The league used to have alot more variety in the early 90s. By the early 2000's it was either a 2-logo setup or a single logo setup. The earliest single-logo setup that was modern-day size would of been St. Louis in the then-new Kiel Center in 1994.

This, however, beats both of them out :D

images-3.jpg

I'm with you on this, I was disappointed when they stopped using that at center.
It was such a unique design. A real shame.

As the above people said, it was unique and instantly told you that you happened to be in Toronto. First appeared in the late 50's (as a really odd looking leaf), then changed to that leaf in 1967, then the modern leaf design was placed at centre in 1995 until 1998-99.

Now for the Jets new ice, it saddens me that they went single-logo, FFS the league is down to TWO teams with a two-logo setup, Philly & Montréal.

I've got no problem with the centre line cutting through the logos at centre ice. It is what it is. Putting a small logo each side of it just looks weak - too much white space around. Ideally, yeah get rid of the line over the logo, but oh well.

And I generally prefer single-logo designs for this reason. Yet at least one single-logo design sucked for this exact same reason:

2182908287_4616966070.jpg

This one also suffered the same flaw as a lot of text-based logos. The red line separated the "A" from the rest of the city name, but what was funny was that a tiny bit of the "N" got cut off as well, so it awkwardly read as "AI__NAHEIM".

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Think I started a thread asking why the red line went through the logos.

It's pretty easy to judge if the puck is behind it when dumped in.

I think the Devils logo had something funky for a couple of years on the left side due to the cutoff.

Anyhoo, the Oilers old ice surface:

Oilers80s.jpg

sig-1.png

(BTW Canada, you spelled center wrong)

Now you may actually know the truth, and are just kidding or trying to cause some issues or something, but for those who are no aware of the correct spellings, here it goes

Center is the middle of something--the center of a circle, for example.

Centre is a place, location, building--so Centre is the correct spelling if it's a hockey arena in Canada or in anywhere they speak the Queen's English (So to speak..) But then the US gets lazy and drops the "u" from colour, neighbour, etc.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived