NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Rangers tried mixing it up last year and it failed miserably:

[picture of ugly ass arena]

Of course we won't know what they'll be going with for this season until mid-October or so since they can't host a preseason game and open in Europe followed by a game at the Nassau Mausoleum and a Western Canada trip before finally taking to a Phase-I completed MSG ice at the end of October vs. the Leafs.

Also, the seats will all be black when the dust settles (literally), it's not 1991 anymore...

http://www.msgtransformation.com/EarthCam.aspx

Will the Rangers be following the same absurd schedule for the next three years as well?

Yes. The Knicks won't be as affected since the NBA starts at or near the end of October/early November. Preseason may be an issue for them.

The Rangers will have to do this at least for next season, and possibly a couple more, depending on how late into the playoffs the Knicks/Rangers go and how long each "phase" takes. The rumblings of the Rangers playing a few home games at the Meadowlands early on has all but been nixed by now.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

You call it laziness, we call it pragmatic.

Damn right. Its bad enough we're burdened with a mongrel language that has silent consonants, let's get this :censored: rite.

No silent consonants in "Centre" or "Center"

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Damn right. Its bad enough we're burdened with a mongrel language that has silent consonants, let's get this :censored: rite.

He was talking about English as a whole. there's a reason it's one of the hardest languages to learn. I really feel sorry for ESL people. Pneumatic, knife, knock, etc... Seriously, WTF?!?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Indian-head_std.jpg

Was wondering if they would update the ice for the United/Continental merger. I don't know but it looks more cluttered now.

aerial.jpg

if they change that, I'll be pissed. The UC isn't the UC wuthout the flying U logo.

It would be weird to see the Continental globe on the UC...especially since it adorned Continental Airlines arena pretty much my entire childhood.

70389454.png

I wish the NHL weren't so desperate and whorish for ad revenue that they could ban non-arena sponsors from the game surface. The sad thing is that as garish as the Bud Light/Coke Zero ads seem, ever seen a major-junior rink?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anyhoo, the Oilers old ice surface:

<Insert Image HERE>

I like how you took that from my Photobucket (it almost matches my original game screencap). This is how the internet works, copy everybody's $hit these days.

I googled Northlands Coliseum, saved the pic and put it in my photobucket to post it.

Didn't really look where it was from.

Sorry.

Tried adding "ice surface" and "Oilers" and such, but nothing else came up showing the old ice surface.

sig-1.png

Indian-head_std.jpg

Was wondering if they would update the ice for the United/Continental merger. I don't know but it looks more cluttered now.

aerial.jpg

if they change that, I'll be pissed. The UC isn't the UC wuthout the flying U logo.

The United Center looks a lot like the Honda Center on the outside, w/o the arched windows.

Or a European rink, which are usually just as bad as the jerseys:

europeanrink.jpg

I should clarify that when I mentioned that NHL teams should make things a bit more interesting and take some chances with their ice designs I didn't in any way shape or form mean doing anything remotely close to THIS. :) This is just terrible. WOW. I almost forgot how bad it gets over there. Its like "how many ads can we cram on the ice to make it look like the side of a racecar?" Thanks for posting the photo though.

Or a European rink, which are usually just as bad as the jerseys:

europeanrink.jpg

I should clarify that when I mentioned that NHL teams should make things a bit more interesting and take some chances with their ice designs I didn't in any way shape or form mean doing anything remotely close to THIS. :) This is just terrible. WOW. I almost forgot how bad it gets over there. Its like "how many ads can we cram on the ice to make it look like the side of a racecar?" Thanks for posting the photo though.

But look at all that great exposed wood, the oonly major rink that I've been to that looks remotely similar is the allstate arena in Chicago.

42621r1.jpg

Well, I successfully touched a nerve. Back to hockey.

So you admit to trolling? Ok then. Back to hockey indeed.

I wouldn't go so far as trolling, but yeah I try to give you hosers :censored: when I can (it's my duty as an American). Anyway, one love.

How is that your "duty as an American"? Please stop, as you're making the rest of the Americans here (who apparently have other duties) look bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I googled Northlands Coliseum, saved the pic and put it in my photobucket to post it.

Didn't really look where it was from.

Sorry.

Tried adding "ice surface" and "Oilers" and such, but nothing else came up showing the old ice surface.

Not a big issue, just attribute the photo to me because I recreated that ice, okay?

He was talking about English as a whole. there's a reason it's one of the hardest languages to learn. I really feel sorry for ESL people. Pneumatic, knife, knock, etc... Seriously, WTF?!?

Yeah, I'm just picking on him--having fun...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived