NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I'll just keep on posting random color swatch images.

'Cause...that's what I do.

Well, since you mention it....

How do the Jets' light and navy blues compare with what the Thrashers used? I was hoping that they'd keep the same exact colors (the names of the colors would obviously change), just to at least pay some sort of homage to their roots in Atlanta....

Why? The team never even won a playoff game, and had a pitiful fanbase. Plus, the team took only 10 years to fail. A decade in a city isn't exactly what I think of when I think of historical roots, and the team its self isn't really something to pay homage to. "We will honour a decade as the laughingstock of the league, that one decent year, as well as remembering the grand total of 6 above-average players who played with us. We do this to honour our fans back in Atlanta. Both of them."

And yet, there on the chest of Calgary's alternate captain sits the logo of the Atlanta Flames. But it's much more enjoyable to make fun than to look at something pragmatically, right?

I'm not saying they should have, just that it wouldn't be unreasonable if they had.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Flames didn't use that A anymore.

I'm not going to get super-malicious about the Thrashers and what they were and what they should continue to be, but let it suffice to say that letting go of any vestiges is probably for the better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought the Flames didn't use that A anymore.

*shrug*

From November 2010:

4e77e2ab.jpg

Point is, the Flames of Atlanta were no barn-burners at the gate nor in the playoffs and yet both the name and logo have lived on. I don't think the Calgary franchise has suffered at all for being associated with the genesis of their current team.

the Bruins look fine with different colored socks, so I'd say Florida is okay

No, the Bruins are fine because they're separating their socks from their shorts. It looks like the Panthers just made a new sweater but used the same helmets, shorts, and socks. It also looks kind of Cooperall-y. It's a bad look from a sloppy, lazy organization. What do you expect, really.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So talked to a friend who had recently seen the new Leafs' alternate jersey.

I can say the following for the replica:

- Crest and lettering are made out of the same material found on Minnesota's crest (the felt material).

- There is NO inner outline contained within the 67' Leaf (aka no rumored silver outline).

The latter I can't 100% confirm since he just said he didn't notice anything (and also wasn't looking for it, either).

Can't comment on the striping size (if it's accurate like the Mitchell & Ness Replica or the poorly done CCM Replica).

There is also a lace-up collar (surprise, surprise).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

- Crest and lettering are made out of the same material found on Minnesota's crest (the felt material).

- There is NO inner outline contained within the 67' Leaf (aka no rumored silver outline).

The latter I can't 100% confirm since he just said he didn't notice anything (and also wasn't looking for it, either).

Can't comment on the striping size (if it's accurate like the Mitchell & Ness Replica or the poorly done CCM Replica).

670.jpg

I agree lace-up collars are Reebok's latest overused in thing, but at least it's consistent with the 1967 jerseys.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

I don't understand why they need to use that felt material. I really hope they don't use vintage white

I don't understand why they need to use that felt material. I really hope they don't use vintage white

Easy, to sell more sweaters.

They released replicas of the blue '67 sweaters with standard white/crest material a few years ago as part of the CCM Vintage Series. If the new alternates were just standard reproductions of the '67 sweaters using modern materials then people who bout the Vintage Series replicas might not see the point in buying the new alternate. If they change the alternate up with vintage white and a felt crest, however, it might convince a few of those who bought the Vintage Series replicas to also buy the new alternates.

Archived