NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Usually, I think vintage white looks great on certain teams, like Minnesota or the Rangers. But I'm not liking the possible combination of royal blue with vintage white. If they go with that, it will be just for the sake of using it, and like Ice Cap pointed out, just to sell more jerseys.

I do however like the possibility of adding a silver border around the 67 Leaf crest. When I saw an image of it on icethetics, I thought it looked good.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually, I think vintage white looks great on certain teams, like Minnesota or the Rangers. But I'm not liking the possible combination of royal blue with vintage white. If they go with that, it will be just for the sake of using it, and like Ice Cap pointed out, just to sell more jerseys.

I do however like the possibility of adding a silver border around the 67 Leaf crest. When I saw an image of it on icethetics, I thought it looked good.

Niet silver. No inner outline that he can recall. Didn't ask if it was an off white colour either, but I could and will followup on here in the new few days.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I agree the socks should match the jersey, but for some reason this doesn't look too bad to me. If the look is truly horrid, they can always change. I remember back in the day when the Canucks brought out their salmon alternates and went basically with black practice socks. After a game or two they got matching socks so a team can always change.

I also remembered when the Kings going when they debuted their old purple/black/silver jerseys, they wore purple socks with their black jersey and went with black socks with the purple alt.

Surprised nobody pointed out the Reebok vector logo on the socks, either. Since NHL socks have never had them and Reebok is phasing out that logo, maybe they just made a mistake or couldn't find the right coloured pair and went with those from somewhere for the photo/video shoot.

yeah... i wouldn't be surprised to see the panthers in red socks by the time the season starts.

this looks like it was just throw together for a photoshoot. i remember seeing dallas stars commercials as a kid where the players were in white jerseys on top of the black socks with black helmets. like they just took whatever was lying around for the sake of a quicky.

It looks funny with the text

vVh80.jpg

And NHL pro-stock hockey socks do not have anything; these were purchased used from the Sharks and Preds sales

PqqWm.jpg

These are the non pro-stock ones; notice the little tab at the top

cmWS1.jpg

So NHL pro-stock doesn't have the logo on it but "lesser" leagues and all-star type of stuff have the logo on there such as the OHL

Ei0Ri.png

So there is a good chance that they are going to have different socks seeing how those socks are probably not official socks

How many teams are using felt crests and/or numbers now? Minnesota and Columbus are the only two I can think of off the cuff.

Pens Winter Classic was felt.

The Sabres alternate is felt

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Archived