NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I was messing around on the LA Kings board over at HFBoards & I found this:

ThirdPrimaryConcept.jpg

Would've been nice if they had done that.

I think they will down the road. The standalone crown is a stronger and better crest than the pencil point shield.

It's official...

The Senators have ruined their upcoming Heritage Jersey with the latest played out trend... Vintage White.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/9/13/loose-threads-jets-pens-avs-sens.html

card-front.jpg

It doesn't look very "vintage white" to me.

:therock:

Lighting always affects colors and my eyes are guessing that it is vintage white. Besides that, there's vintage white all over their 20th anniversary marks. It would only make sense to include it on the jersey as well.

Edit: Another interesting note. Icethetics Chris says that the shoulder patches will be bilingual. That means one patch will read "Ottawa Senators" and the other "Sénateurs D'Ottawa". Very nice touch if you ask me!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: Another interesting note. Icethetics Chris says that the shoulder patches will be bilingual. That means one patch will read "Ottawa Senators" and the other "Sénateurs D'Ottawa". Very nice touch if you ask me!

Legally-required touch, as the Canadian government decided around 15 years ago that law about everything having to be bilingual in Ottawa also applied to the hockey team. That's why the Senators' original crest switched from being encircled by "Ottawa Senators" to laurel leaves.

Anyway, if the Sens are going washed-out beige/vintage white, that's more money in my pocket.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Boston Bruins unvail not one, but six new championship banners. Five revealed here, number six raised during the season. Now the banners are logo specific to the era...

http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/cam-neely-helps-bruins-unveil-new-era-specific-stanley-cup-banners-at-td-garden-video.html

About time! The 1929 Cup champs never wore the spoked B, yet in has been on the banner for so many years. I wonder if they will apply changes to the retired numbers.

Boston Bruins unvail not one, but six new championship banners. Five revealed here, number six raised during the season. Now the banners are logo specific to the era...

http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/cam-neely-helps-bruins-unveil-new-era-specific-stanley-cup-banners-at-td-garden-video.html

About time! The 1929 Cup champs never wore the spoked B, yet in has been on the banner for so many years. I wonder if they will apply changes to the retired numbers.

Speaking of banners and the Sens (above), why does Ottawa hang the Cup banners of the old Senators? Tat's like the Jets retiring Hull and Steen's numbers.

I really like the era-specific banners, it's more "authentic". I actually really like their retired number banners. Along with toronto (and others, I'm sure), they're really creative. Not just a rectangle with the name and number like a regular jersey (NYI, Montreal, NYR, NYJ, etc...).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Legally-required touch, as the Canadian government decided around 15 years ago that law about everything having to be bilingual in Ottawa also applied to the hockey team. That's why the Senators' original crest switched from being encircled by "Ottawa Senators" to laurel leaves.

Uh, what? Ottawa resident here and I can absolutely assure you that no such law exists (or has ever existed) in Ottawa or federally and the government did not force the Senators to change their logo, nor would they have any authority to do so.

Speaking of banners and the Sens (above), why does Ottawa hang the Cup banners of the old Senators?

When the Senators entered the league they asked for their franchise history to be recognized as a continuation of the original Senators. The league said no, but they hung the banners up anyway. Despite the league's refusal to recognize them as the same entity as the original Sens the current Senators organization has made it a point to honour the city's pro hockey heritage.

The banners would be much less troublesome if they used the =O= logo instead of the Roman centurion mark though. I wonder if they might go ahead and do that in the near future now that they've started to play up the =O= logo.

Uh, what? Ottawa resident here and I can absolutely assure you that no such law exists (or has ever existed) in Ottawa or federally and the government did not force the Senators to change their logo, nor would they have any authority to do so.

Ottawa is a bilingual city though. It's the only place in Ontario, for example, where I've heard both languages used on a 411 options menu.

Not saying the government forced the Senators to change, but dropping the English text from their original logo was done out of respect for the city's Francophone community/bilingual laws.

Speaking of banners and the Sens (above), why does Ottawa hang the Cup banners of the old Senators? Tat's like the Jets retiring Hull and Steen's numbers.

I really like the era-specific banners, it's more "authentic". I actually really like their retired number banners. Along with toronto (and others, I'm sure), they're really creative. Not just a rectangle with the name and number like a regular jersey (NYI, Montreal, NYR, NYJ, etc...).

What's the problem with hanging banner from previous Stanley Cups won in the same city? Here in Quebec City there is a banner for the 1912 Stanley Cup championship of the Quebec Bulldogs and I don't see any problems about it.

Retiring numbers from a previous franchise (that is still active) is another issue.

What's the problem with hanging banner from previous Stanley Cups won in the same city? Here in Quebec City there is a banner for the 1912 Stanley Cup championship of the Quebec Bulldogs and I don't see any problems about it.

Retiring numbers from a previous franchise (that is still active) is another issue.

Last time I checked, there was not an NHL team currently in Quebec City, much less one trying to claim a long-defunct's history as their own. When (not if) Quebec City is granted a team, they won't be playing in that arena, anyways.

Last time I checked, there was not an NHL team currently in Quebec City, much less one trying to claim a long-defunct's history as their own. When (not if) Quebec City is granted a team, they won't be playing in that arena, anyways.

When the Nordiques were playing, the Bulldogs banner was there.

Same thing for the new Remparts, the old Remparts banners are present (despite no links between the two franchises)

When the Nordiques were playing, the Bulldogs banner was there.

Same thing for the new Remparts, the old Remparts banners are present (despite no links between the two franchises)

Does that make it any more reasonable? Just because a few other teams do, doesn't make it anymore rational.

What's the problem with hanging banner from previous Stanley Cups won in the same city?

IMO (and this is probably a stretch), that's the same as the Leafs hanging a 1992 and 1993 World Series pennant in the ACC because they're commemorating the sports heritage of the city.

Tell that to Brian Little.

I don't get this conversation. If any team won a title or championship in a certain rink, their banner should be raised in said rink and stay there. Regardless of the sport; regardless of whether or not the team(s) is active or defunct.

I don't get this conversation. If any team won a title or championship in a certain rink, their banner should be raised in said rink and stay there. Regardless of the sport; regardless of whether or not the team(s) is active or defunct.

Bah, it seems to me like he's just some insecure Leafs fan trying to convince us that Ottawans shouldn't be proud of their city's sporting accomplishments. I wouldn't pay too much attention to him if I were you.

If we Sens fans like the banners in the rafters, than that's all that matters. I do, however, agree with Ice Cap that these banners should display the =O= logo.

thecatch.jpg

If Jets v1.0 can hang banners for the Winnipeg Victorias' two cup wins back before color was invented, the Sens can do whatever the :censored: they want with their stuff.

Little gave up 10 for 19 because he didn't like the idea of wearing Hawerchuk's number, and Kane chose to wear 9 even though he's no Bobby Hull (technically, he's not even a Doug Smail yet, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there). Do what you want.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived