NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

While this does look cool, I wish the Preds had done something a little more creative (and arguably simpler) such as using only the guitar pick logo. Or making the redline look like a loooooooong guitar neck or piano keyboard.

A six-stringed red line would've been creative. Would've been the most creative thing anyone for Nashville's ever done on the ice, that's for sure.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nashville has jumped on the "Logoed Red Line" bandwagon.

314502_10150325244862558_6245252557_7955876_203610105_n.jpg

This trend is a million times worse than the two toned NBA courts.

Atleast stick to one logo....u can barely make out that its both logos

You'll see it some closeups with HDTV; during regular play even in high def, I doubt you'll see much of a difference between that and solid red and white. I think it's harmless.

More of an AHL change than an NHL one, but it looks like from the Penguins organization's "black and gold" game tonight, Wilkes-Barre is keeping up with their tradition of borrowing old NHL Pens designs.

WBSBnGWarmups-13.jpgWBSBnGWarmups-19.jpgWBSBnGWarmups-10.jpg

My lord does that look surprisingly good. Why can't this be the NHL pens' sweaters?

oBIgzrL.png

More of an AHL change than an NHL one, but it looks like from the Penguins organization's "black and gold" game tonight, Wilkes-Barre is keeping up with their tradition of borrowing old NHL Pens designs.

My lord does that look surprisingly good. Why can't this be the NHL pens' sweaters?

There's no reason that couldn't be the big team's uniforms. So much better than what they usually wear.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There's no reason that couldn't be the big team's uniforms. So much better than what they usually wear.

Not digging the Vegas Gold (makes it look... dirty...) or the breezers, but the design works well as an Edge. I'd love to see that make an appearance at some point in the NHL...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

And my point is proven by two posters already who are on the way to having a conniption over the idea that Toronto do anything out of the box.

Tell that to Montreal, Chicago, New York (Rangers) or even Detroit. We're not the only team unwilling to go outside the box. We did that once... 1970-1992.

I don't disagree with you. We all know that there are certain teams (Yankees and Penn State) that if you even suggest doing something outside the box, their fan base has a heart-attack and they all start crying about the end of the world because you can't touch the uniforms. With the Leafs being one of those teams, you'll always have the regurgitated leaf, or when they step outside their "box" you'll get the St. Pats. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I like the Leafs look, but when the fan base won't let you try things there's only so many options. I like the traditional looks, but if you can give me a good look that isn't traditional, I'm all for it. The greatest example of that to me in hockey was the original Avalanche jersey. It was non-traditional, but it worked well.

And my point is proven by two posters already who are on the way to having a conniption over the idea that Toronto do anything out of the box.

Tell that to Montreal, Chicago, New York (Rangers) or even Detroit. We're not the only team unwilling to go outside the box. We did that once... 1970-1992.

I don't disagree with you. We all know that there are certain teams (Yankees and Penn State) that if you even suggest doing something outside the box, their fan base has a heart-attack and they all start crying about the end of the world because you can't touch the uniforms. With the Leafs being one of those teams, you'll always have the regurgitated leaf, or when they step outside their "box" you'll get the St. Pats. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I like the Leafs look, but when the fan base won't let you try things there's only so many options. I like the traditional looks, but if you can give me a good look that isn't traditional, I'm all for it. The greatest example of that to me in hockey was the original Avalanche jersey. It was non-traditional, but it worked well.

What it comes down to is if you have a strong brand, you don't change it. The point of brand identity is to be recognized. Teams like the Yankees, Cowboys, Maple Leafs, Penn State, etc. Their brand is widely recognized as it is. You don't change that for the sake of change. You never change just to change. That's like Coca-Cola deciding to rearrange the font of their script. McDonald's changing the golden arches into something. You don't just do that because it seems like a cool idea. It's bad business. The teams who change are ones that have less of a national brand identity/loyalty.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Side note, Florida is keeping their 3rds, and are wearing them right now.

So after all that in the offseason about them pushing red, embracing red, changing to red jerseys, naming things in the arena "Red zone", they come out for their first game of the season in a uniform with literally no red.

Quick, someone photoshop the Panthers logo facepalming itself.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Preds new jerseys look amazing. Can't wait to see the yellow.

125646116_10_slide.jpg

125635966_10_slide.jpg

125635363_10_slide.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

125638648_10_std.jpg

In other news, the Preds jerseys look amazing.

125646116_10_slide.jpg

125635966_10_slide.jpg

125635363_10_slide.jpg

I've officially come around on the Preds uniforms. During an actual game, they look great. Can't wait to see what the yellow jerseys look like on the ice.

As for the Panthers...Looks like they're coming right out of the gate in botch mode.

I guess the Predators look a little better than they used to because there was nowhere to go but up, but they still don't look good, either, and watching those slugs gunk up the rink six times a year with interminable trapping is still my cross to bear whether they wear yellow or mylar or checkerboard or whatever, so screw 'em. Too bad the Predators couldn't redesign Barry Trotz.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived