NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

They'd look much better without the piping.

Without the piping they're too bland.

I'd rather have them looking a little bland than ugly. With that being said, at least the piping are applied in a way where it doesn't look completely ridiculous except for how it runs straight down. They should have ended at the top hem stripe and the Preds new duds would almost be perfect.

By the way, does it look as if the Oilers colours are a little darker than last year?

They're now wearing the 80s set full-time now: no more navy and bronze, just blue and orange.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bettman stripes are now gone from the Panthers, Predators, and Oilers. That just leaves the Avalanche, right?

Add Thrashers to that list, unfortunately some hideous piping still exists in the form of the Flames and the Blues (although both teams have a slightly modified version of the "apron stripes".

The Bettman stripes are now gone from the Panthers, Predators, and Oilers. That just leaves the Avalanche, right?

Slowly but surely, the league is recovering from the 2008 RBK Edge transfer disaster...

EDIT: As for the question, yes. St. louis, as charger77 said, is the only other team.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

They'd look much better without the piping.

Without the piping they're too bland.

I'd rather have them looking a little bland than ugly. With that being said, at least the piping are applied in a way where it doesn't look completely ridiculous except for how it runs straight down. They should have ended at the top hem stripe and the Preds new duds would almost be perfect.

By the way, does it look as if the Oilers colours are a little darker than last year?

They're now wearing the 80s set full-time now: no more navy and bronze, just blue and orange.

A shame too. When executed correctly it's a beautiful combination.

St. Louis was one of the teams where I didn't have as much of a problem with the piping like others because of the way they more naturally roll off the shoulder yoke, if you know what I mean. It's like the way Nashville has it. It's unnecessary, but if it had to be done, then it was done okay, at least.

Yeah, let's hope that more teams come to their senses and remove all those unnecessary elements such as the TV numbers, piping going nowhere, and pit stains, and the rounded hem. That actually is the one thing that bothers me the most because I have pretty much refused to buy a jersey with that look. I almost bought in June, but supplies ran out.

Courtesy TSN JETS

Screenshot2011-09-20at92214PM.png

Screenshot2011-09-20at92155PM.png

Screenshot2011-09-20at92111PM.png

Screenshot2011-09-20at92025PM.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Jets are not wearing practice jerseys and are wearing the roads in Columbus. Looking just as bad as they did in the revealing

I was there and they looked fantastic in person. They looked better than they did at the unveiling. To each their own I guess.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is that a memorial decal on the back of the Jets helmets? (bottom left).

I also just noticed that Calgary has initals on the back left of their helmets.

Man what a tragic offseason. I don't think this many teams in league history has had this many memorial decals on their uniforms.

The Catch of the Day!

Screenshot2011-09-20at92111PM.png

Just noticed that TSN spelled Ondrej Pavelec's name wrong.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Is that a memorial decal on the back of the Jets helmets? (bottom left).

I also just noticed that Calgary has initals on the back left of their helmets.

Man what a tragic offseason. I don't think this many teams in league history has had this many memorial decals on their uniforms.

I'm hoping the Canucks put something together for Rypien and Demitra, I haven't seen anything about a patch or decal yet. I'd also like to see those two numbers perhaps put unofficially out of circulation, like 11 is for Wayne Maki.

Not replicas. The authentics have the wordmark as a single patch, I'm guessing BringBackTheVet is referring to the actual 1980's Caps jerseys where the letters were individually stitched on.

Yes I know, that was my point. BigBubba relpied "Replica?" which I thought maybe he thought those worn in the previously posted pictures were merely replicas, to which I replied that the Winter Classic on-ice jerseys have the one-piece patch as well.

Maybe I misconstrued things, but that was my reasoning.

bufg.png

The Jets are the first new jerseys/logos that I've liked in a while. All these teams take several steps backwards, but I love the Jets look.

Still so weird seeing Winnipeg Jets in the schedule and on places, gonna take a while to get used to.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived