NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The Kings are on the ice for the first time in their new away unis. They look pretty sharp against the Coyotes.

21lvp1c.jpg

2dju4h.jpg

And because they're also playing a split-squad game at home, we get confirmation that the home uniforms are unchanged. (Not sure if we knew that 100%.) It's a bit odd to see different hem stripes on this set, but I still like it.

2yy5rp5.jpg

Not only are the hem stripes different, but if you look closely, you'll notice the sleeve stripes on the black jersey are noticeably wider than the sleeve stripes on the white jersey.

Note the double white stripe on the side of the pants and the crown logo above the right knee. Otherwise, I believe everything else carries over.

The stripes are not white -- they're gray. They match the black jersey's sleeve piping.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those White Kings jerseys are very nice. I like the grey-black-grey striping pattern on the bottom. Much nicer than the thin white and grey strip on the bottom on the black.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Love the new Kings set. Ideally I would have liked to see them keep the crown as the primary and use the LA sheild as the shoulder patch, but other than that I really like the new look.

As for Winnipeg, I'm 80% happy with what they've come up with. For a new team with an entirely new design I think they've done really well as a whole. The logo is a little bit meh, but once it's packaged with the uniforms it adds a touch of class to it. Not sold on the arm stripes, but I've seen worse.

Tampa....still think their new set is a little plain, but I guess you could say it's a nice clean, crisp look. Not a huge fan, but it's ok and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

So far I'm quite pleased with the changes we're seeing!

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Kings look good, but I have always been a fan of the purple/gold. Upset they aren't going that direction.

Jets look fantastic, as i've stated before.

Lightning look great. The only thing wrong is the black trim. If the black was removed, the set would be excellent.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Kings now have the crown on the pants. Last year they didn't have anything.

Like the jerseys but hate the "home plate" logo. I wish they would stick with the crown.

Lightning uniforms are dull and uninteresting, and Winnipeg's uniforms/logo and name are all as boring as the city itself.

The Catch of the Day!

2dju4h.jpg

Yet another example of why hem stripes should follow the offset around the jersey instead of being truly horizontal.

And they would look way better if their pant striping was silver/white/silver. The two silver lines look out of place to me.

2dju4h.jpg

These new road jerseys look absolutely spectacular! Funny how all it toke was one broad, horizontal stripe to put a previously mediocre looking jersey over the top. I really hope the Black one recieves the same treatment in time. The double piping around the hem of that jersey is not cutting it in my eyes. Speaking of which...

Yet another example of why hem stripes should follow the offset around the jersey instead of being truly horizontal.

And they would look way better if their pant striping was silver/white/silver. The two silver lines look out of place to me.

Gotta disagree with this statement. Stripes that contour to the ridiculous looking scooped hem just bring more attention to an awful design choice by RBK. The best solution is to modify the jerseys to have a straight hem. Im baffled as to why this hasn't been done already.

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/6ouowp.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, Im doing this with my phone, but if anyone can pull it up, I guess that make the logo and team logos to be used in the game official

here got it off crossingbroad.com. so Citizens Bank Park Scoreboard Confirms Winter Classic Logo

6a0120a6dde087970b015435a08b8a970c-800wi.jpg

It doesn't just confirm the Winter Classic logo, it also confirms this logo.

6796.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

It is unfortunate that the new Winter Classic logo has yet to implement a new script font for "Winter" as it has become stale and outdated.

That is the one thing that bugs me. I was hoping for a different script font for the name "Winter" as well. At least change the "W."

After looking at this for a while since last night, the ice blue oval backdrop with red bevel. The Liberty Bell does get a tad lost in all of this.

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

Stripes that contour to the ridiculous looking scooped hem just bring more attention to an awful design choice by RBK.

To me, a hockey jersey is so often in motion, or tucked in, etc. that the bottom is rarely totally flat. Look at the pics of the LA home jersey, it looks normal to me. I guess I just think it's better to have the bottom of the jersey be a strange shape than have strange shapes created at the bottom of the jersey.

Here's the first look of the Official NHL "Winter Classic 2012" logo, the patch the Rangers and Flyers will be wearing on Jan 2.

Like it, but I am never a fan of corporate names on a logo though from the Bowl games, to a tire company sponsoring a hockey game of a SuperBowl halftime show.

..what can ya do.

WC12_CROPPED.gif

Eh... I don't think there is enough contrast between the royal blue, red, and dark bronze. It looks washed out and over-cluttered.

I really wish the Kings had matched the hemmed stripes, preferably changing the home to match the white. Normally, I would take a dark jersey over the road whites, but hot damn, the Kings whites are pretty sweet.

I wonder how long (if) before they swap out the crown for the current logo?

Archived