NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heads up, the Predators are playing the Jets in Nashville tonight. Careful while watching it. The overload of new uniforms may be too much to handle.

The Preds yellows are beautiful, no doubt. But the white vertical piping inside of the navy hem stripe is still very much a nuissance. If the vertical piping remained on the yellow jersey but cut off where the white horizontal hemline begins, it would look so much better.

4a458f11ccae4a117d0a6324aca6e7f2-getty-126317059.jpg

ap-201109242112763675881.jpg

Went to look at the new Leafs' jerseys today and made a few observations:

- Ribbed collar (similar to the Minnesota home)

- New, yellow/green "Pro" jersey liner (that has the jersey size printed onto it)

- The white stripes are a large piece of fabric with the blue strips STITCHED onto the white fabric (which IMO is a very strange construction decision)

- I repeat, there is NO silver on the jersey. The inner outline is just a shiny thread. I said before and I repeat that there is no silver on this jersey, contrary to what Icethetics has claimed.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

- New, yellow/green "Pro" jersey liner (that has the jersey size printed onto it)

- The white stripes are a large piece of fabric with the blue strips STITCHED onto the white fabric (which IMO is a very strange construction decision)

- I repeat, there is NO silver on the jersey. The inner outline is just a shiny thread. I said before and I repeat that there is no silver on this jersey, contrary to what Icethetics has claimed.

Can you confirm without a shadow of a doubt, that there is 0 silver on this jersey??

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Can you confirm without a shadow of a doubt, that there is 0 silver on this jersey??

Sure there is silver... it's on the NHL logo :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Nobody's mentioned how beautiful the Lightning's new jerseys look on the ice. Wow

2fe7aee9d26fbf166287e4c93b43c543-getty-125692418.jpg

23b9663b06e8e0827fc705364d991c14-getty-125689669.jpg

Because they don't.

Especially the whites.

And the black that they rushed and added because of the fan backlash, makes the whole set look uneven. Maybe they should've taken their time and done it right the 1st time.

SigReflect.png

The sweaters look gorgeous because they look like the Maple Leafs and Red Wings. They have no business doing that. As a Tampa-based hockey team, they look terrible, mostly because of that terrible Brave Corporate Logo. Why does it say "Tampa Bay" above it on the whites, anyway? Dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Because it needed black. But they just threw it together. They had what, 7 months to fix it?

The reason why they haven't added the victory stripe back yet is also the proof they didn't have 7 months to fix it. The jerseys had to be in production by a certain point and there wasn't enough time to completely redesign the logos and uniforms.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I noticed while watching the Ducks/Canucks game last night that some of the Ducks (didn't notice on the Canucks) still had the RBK vector on the jerseys while others had the "Reebok" wordmark.

Anybody else notice this on their teams? Can we just assume this is a preseason thing? A transitioning thing? What's up?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the Wings have changed their NOB font. It looks terrible, IMO. Why mess with something unique?

Preseason jersey font. Its easier to do than their trademark arch. They have been doing it for like 20 years now.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the Wings have changed their NOB font. It looks terrible, IMO. Why mess with something unique?

Preseason jersey font. Its easier to do than their trademark arch. They have been doing it for like 20 years now.

Thanks charger77. I wondered if it was something like that. I don't get to see many preseason games (especially here in Japan), and if I'd noticed it in the past, I guess it slipped my mind. I was worried for a minute. You know we Wings fans hate change. ;)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

This really needs to be posted at the top of every hockey and sports site on the internet, right on September 1 of every year.

There are three sure things in life: Death, taxes, and someone posting that the Red Wings nameplate font is no longer arched during the preseason.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I was wondering if someone was going to say that? Every year, somebody thinks it's a permanent change but in reality, they use that font for pre-season only. I was just waiting to see who was going to bite! :P

Archived