NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

honestly, I'm ok with it because it makes players easy to identify in photos. So many times you'll have the sleeve numbers folded funny, or you wonder if it's an 8, an 88, or if a 1 is hidden back there and it's 81. This will be especially handy 10 years from now when many of the faces aren't still clear in our memories. Personally, I wish they were smaller and covered up the makers logo on the front of the buckets, but it works. Not gonna be the end of the world.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

habs02a.jpg

anyone notice this new number on the front of the helmet thing, sure is confusing to look at , not too sure if i like it , every team is doing it too unfortunately. what is this for?

I rather have front helmet numbers than front jersey numbers.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

habs02a.jpg

anyone notice this new number on the front of the helmet thing, sure is confusing to look at , not too sure if i like it , every team is doing it too unfortunately. what is this for?

Remember the Prisonner: I AM NOT A NUMBER. I AM A FREE MAN!

habs02a.jpg

I rather have front helmet numbers than front jersey numbers.

And let's hope the front helmet numbers lead to the extinction of front jersey numbers. Save for Dallas, as I actually like the "college hockey" look of their jersey with the number underneath the arched city name.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The manufacturers pay good money to be a part of the official NHL suppliers' list to get rid of their names or logos from their helmets, or any of their equipment for that matter. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, logo "creep" is here to stay, just like it was when CCM was putting their logo on the bottom right back hem of the jerseys.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The manufacturers pay good money to be a part of the official NHL suppliers' list to get rid of their names or logos from their helmets, or any of their equipment for that matter. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, logo "creep" is here to stay, just like it was when CCM was putting their logo on the bottom right back hem of the jerseys.

Yep the ads are here to stay.

When I said:

Keep the front numbers but replace the manufacturer's name with the players last name?

What I was getting at is that the front helmet numbers are supposed to help people better identify the players, perhaps front names could help as well.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I agree with both of you, but it's a lucrative revenue stream for the league, and luckily, it's a strong enough league that its members (27 or 28 of them anyway) are strong enough financially that they don't have to resort to becoming skating billboards, like Jokerit.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

maybe it's just because i have a standard def. tv....

but in most shots, it just looks like the reflection on the helmet.

i'm a traditionalist to the core, but i don't mind the helmet numbers at all. they don't even look weird on toronto or montreal, which is the major test, imo.

those leafs jerseys were just gorgeous to look at during that game.

still my favorite leafs sweater of all time. the logo is even an upgrade over the current one, even if it's not the best maple leaf they've ever worn. but as far as the jersey layout, it's perfection. and it really ties the socks in to the rest of the uniform.

Ducks announced today that they will wear a #24 patch for Ruslan Salei from their October 14th home opener until November 17th. Then the jerseys will be auctioned off for Anaheim Ducks Charity Foundation and a charity that will be selected by the Salei family.

Good to hear the Ducks are finally going to do this, but I'd rather have them wear it all season besides a month.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived