NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

those leafs jerseys were just gorgeous to look at during that game.

still my favorite leafs sweater of all time. the logo is even an upgrade over the current one, even if it's not the best maple leaf they've ever worn. but as far as the jersey layout, it's perfection. and it really ties the socks in to the rest of the uniform.

200% true

Look at my post last april 7th http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=78399&st=130&p=1515398entry1515398

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The strangest thing to me - and I think I may need to start a new thread about this - is that the trim color on the Wild's White jersey is actually Metallic Gold, not Wheat.

The Wild designate Metallic Gold as being used for "embroidery and screen purposes only", with the flat, non-metallic Gold designated for "paper printing only".

In some of the earliest official uniform graphics I have, the trim was shown as being "Minnesota Wheat", but in the more recent files, they use Metallic Gold.

The actual jerseys seem to use a color in-between a Beige and Gold. (Good gosh - I really need the current NHL textile and thread colors. Anyone have them?)

If this is actually true, and the trim really IS Gold, then the Wild's uniforms are even less "uniform".

As an owner of an authentic Minnesota Wild Inaugural jersey, I can confirm that the trim on both the inaugural jerseys and the current road is in fact Wheat. However since it uses a material with a sheen (Same material the ducks use for Bronze on their primaries) it appears metallic. So it's actually a metallic wheat! You can compare it with the metallic Gold used on the crests and there is definitely a difference.

The strangest thing to me - and I think I may need to start a new thread about this - is that the trim color on the Wild's White jersey is actually Metallic Gold, not Wheat.

The Wild designate Metallic Gold as being used for "embroidery and screen purposes only", with the flat, non-metallic Gold designated for "paper printing only".

In some of the earliest official uniform graphics I have, the trim was shown as being "Minnesota Wheat", but in the more recent files, they use Metallic Gold.

The actual jerseys seem to use a color in-between a Beige and Gold. (Good gosh - I really need the current NHL textile and thread colors. Anyone have them?)

If this is actually true, and the trim really IS Gold, then the Wild's uniforms are even less "uniform".

As an owner of an authentic Minnesota Wild Inaugural jersey, I can confirm that the trim on both the inaugural jerseys and the current road is in fact Wheat. However since it uses a material with a sheen (Same material the ducks use for Bronze on their primaries) it appears metallic. So it's actually a metallic wheat! You can compare it with the metallic Gold used on the crests and there is definitely a difference.

The future is now!

Well, the official files show Metallic Gold for the trim color, and the flat, non-metallic Gold for the crest. (I know; it's weird.):

MinnesotaWild_JFV2a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

MinnesotaWild_JBV2a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Keep in mind that Metallic Gold usually translates to a much lighter Beige when it comes to fabric matching.

Well, the official files show Metallic Gold for the trim color, and the flat, non-metallic Gold for the crest. (I know; it's weird.):

MinnesotaWild_JFV2a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

MinnesotaWild_JBV2a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Keep in mind that Metallic Gold usually translates to a much lighter Beige when it comes to fabric matching.

Wow, they even made the numbers metallic gold. Is this from the Reebok Style Guide? If so I'm not impressed. The striping, Crest outline and shoulder numbers are all wheat without question. The shade matches perfectly. Its the difference in material that makes the hem and yoke stripes look metallic.

I'm surprised no one here mentioned that Ovechkin ditched CCM (who also made his AO line) as his sponsor this summer and recently signed with Nike to make his new Lifestyle apparel line and Bauer to supply his equipment.

Maybe I'm the only one who finds this to be a big deal... that the face of one brand jumped ship to be the face of a rival one.

Gotta say, looks weird seeing him without CCM on his helmet.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Wow, they even made the numbers metallic gold. Is this from the Reebok Style Guide? If so I'm not impressed. The striping, Crest outline and shoulder numbers are all wheat without question. The shade matches perfectly. Its the difference in material that makes the hem and yoke stripes look metallic.

I'm actually not sure about all of this...I think the intent is Metallic Gold, but when matching to fabrics, it's all coming out close to the "Minnesota Wheat" color anyway. The earliest official graphics had the trim color as Wheat:

MinnesotaWild_JFV1a_2001-2003_SCC_SRGB.png

Could this have been a change for the Edge design? Could it have been intended to be Metallic Gold originally, and the earlier files were mistaken? Or, is it as Morgo says - a mistake in the current files?

FTR - I have a number of graphics (J. Patton mostly) that present the trim (again, only on the White uniforms) to use Metallic Gold.

any idea when the new Winnipeg gear is going to get to retail stores across the continent? I want a Jets hat, but not one of the relaxed fit ones, and I refuse to pay $45 with shipping from rivercitysports.

Has anybody been told when to expect Jets gear?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm surprised no one here mentioned that Ovechkin ditched CCM (who also made his AO line) as his sponsor this summer and recently signed with Nike to make his new Lifestyle apparel line and Bauer to supply his equipment.

Maybe I'm the only one who finds this to be a big deal... that the face of one brand jumped ship to be the face of a rival one.

Gotta say, looks weird seeing him without CCM on his helmet.

He changed brands because he feels they give him better sticks than CCM did. He used Bauer sticks in the past.

New Panthers roads, sans blue piping from the past few years, look pretty good in action(especially when we win!):

128794003_std.jpg

Now if only they would give us the codes on NHL 12 to unlock it :mad: (and fix the numbers in the new red home sweater... too small)

That modified block typeface is all over their website, too. Why isn't that used for their wordmark instead of that Frankenstein's monster they're using?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived