NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

So is this a consideration to make the Blues alt the full time home jersey? If this does happen in the near future, I will be happy to see the Blues distance themselves from the failures of hockey jerseys they are currently wearing. Their alt is no doubt pure class, but there might be a number of changes that could be hard to swallow. First, would people accept to have the Blues completely dump the traditional royal blue? They have been using a royal blue home (or road) jersey since their inception and all of a sudden, they will be completely different and they will be sharing the same color palette as the Predators and Sabres. And what about the traditional blue note crest? Circle logos go over as unpopular most of the time and having the Blues no longer using their iconic mark like they used to probably wouldn't help the cause. I don't know if it's really that good of an idea.

I really hope this isn't the case for a number reasons. Firstly the league does not need another Navy and Yellow team, we already have the Sabres. Secondly the Bluenote is a classy, iconic mark and the last thing it needs is to be incased in a circle. I'm fine with it remaining the alternate though. As circle logo jerseys go, it's not a bad one.

In fact, the Edge matter should be treated as a whole.

First - on the technology side, I believe they made a good step. Lighter fabrics, less weight, ultimately, the round shape of the bottom for the jerseys to allow more movement was a good move.

The fabrics have not changed at all. Two weeks into the 2007/08 season the moisture wicking technology, the main reason for the uniform system, was dumped in favour of the air knit material the 6100 series used.

The rounded hemlines, besides looking awful, were a leftover from the initial plan to have the jerseys tucked in. They do nothing to increase speed.

Second - on the colors and design side, the people who worked on Edmonton, Toronto, Tampa Bay to a degree, did not have a clue of hockey history.

Clearly.

In the end, after modifications, the experience is starting to give interesting results but this have been a difficult journey.

An excruciating one considering there was nothing wrong with the 6100 jerseys.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is this a consideration to make the Blues alt the full time home jersey? If this does happen in the near future, I will be happy to see the Blues distance themselves from the failures of hockey jerseys they are currently wearing. Their alt is no doubt pure class, but there might be a number of changes that could be hard to swallow. First, would people accept to have the Blues completely dump the traditional royal blue? They have been using a royal blue home (or road) jersey since their inception and all of a sudden, they will be completely different and they will be sharing the same color palette as the Predators and Sabres. And what about the traditional blue note crest? Circle logos go over as unpopular most of the time and having the Blues no longer using their iconic mark like they used to probably wouldn't help the cause. I don't know if it's really that good of an idea.

I really hope this isn't the case for a number reasons. Firstly the league does not need another Navy and Yellow team, we already have the Sabres. Secondly the Bluenote is a classy, iconic mark and the last thing it needs is to be incased in a circle. I'm fine with it remaining the alternate though. As circle logo jerseys go, it's not a bad one.

In fact, the Edge matter should be treated as a whole.

First - on the technology side, I believe they made a good step. Lighter fabrics, less weight, ultimately, the round shape of the bottom for the jerseys to allow more movement was a good move.

The fabrics have not changed at all. Two weeks into the 2007/08 season the moisture wicking technology, the main reason for the uniform system, was dumped in favour of the air knit material the 6100 series used.

The rounded hemlines, besides looking awful, were a leftover from the initial plan to have the jerseys tucked in. They do nothing to increase speed.

Second - on the colors and design side, the people who worked on Edmonton, Toronto, Tampa Bay to a degree, did not have a clue of hockey history.

Clearly.

In the end, after modifications, the experience is starting to give interesting results but this have been a difficult journey.

An excruciating one considering there was nothing wrong with the 6100 jerseys.

True story.

Though I thought it was only the front panel of the jersey that was the old material. Did the rest change too?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

the Avs' 3rd is probably the worst jersey in the entire league, so there's that.

It's not even the worst jersey the Avs wear!

Personally, I beg to differ. The design with the wordmark together is way too busy, and the fact that they didn't go full maroon is disappointing.

To each their own, but the lack of contrast on these is just plain bad:

126567283_std.jpg

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just got the new River City Sports catalog and they've got the Isles 3rd that we've all been dreading:

045.jpg

Just when the Isles finally get their home and roads right, they still manage to :censored: it up by adding an unnecessary and atrocious third jersey.

Also, when are the Panthers getting rid of their thirds?

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just got the new River City Sports catalog and they've got the Isles 3rd that we've all been dreading:

045.jpg

Welp, I stand corrected. The Avs 3rd jersey is now the 2nd worst jersey in the league IMO.

I really hope that they shelve it at the last minute, because Isles fans are gonna destroy that thing if they release it.

Guys, please, please, PLEASE tell me that isn't vintage white.

dys·func·tion·al  /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃənl/ [dis-fuhngk-shuh-nl]

1. not performing normally, as an organ or structure of the body; malfunctioning.

2. 79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Guys, please, please, PLEASE tell me that isn't vintage white.

dys·func·tion·al  /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃənl/ [dis-fuhngk-shuh-nl]

1. not performing normally, as an organ or structure of the body; malfunctioning.

2. 79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.gif

I just spit on my monitor! Thats funny

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Islanders fans killed the fisherman jerseys. This jersey is gonna get raked across the coals. The fishermans were at least unique and quirky in their own way. These are brand destroying, deviate far too much from the regular uniforms, trend-hopping with the arched wordmark, BFBS, gray for gray's sake, templates for templates sake, hell, third jersey for third jerseys sake. It's like everything terrible contained within one jersey.

I think this might be the worst jersey in the history of the NHL. That may be hyperbole, but it's really not that hyperbolic to say that.

*waits for the contrarian to say "I may be in the minority, but I kinda like them".*

PvO6ZWJ.png

Isles third jersey image

Just when the Isles finally get their home and roads right, they still manage to :censored: it up by adding an unnecessary and atrocious third jersey.

astounding, isn't it?

It's quite mind-boggling, especially when the Isles have trotted out other awful jerseys and incomplete sets in the last 15 years.

Islanders fans killed the fisherman jerseys. This jersey is gonna get raked across the coals. The fishermans were at least unique and quirky in their own way. These are brand destroying, deviate far too much from the regular uniforms, BFBS, templates for templates sake, hell, third jersey for third jerseys sake.

I think this might be the worst jersey in the history of the NHL. That may be hyperbole, but it's really not that hyperbolic to say that.

As a lot of us said at the time, those read like a parody of every bad design element currently in use. They tick all the boxes.

A little conversation I just had with my dad, paraphrased:

Me: "Would you say the Islanders have a proud history?"

Dad: "Of course"

Me: 'Would you say they had great jerseys in the 80s?"

Dad: "Yeah"

Me: "Since they recently returned to that set, would you say that their jersey set is very good?"

Dad: "Yes"

Me: "If you were them, then, would you introduce a needless alternate?"

Dad: "No..."

Me: "And if you did, would it look like this?"

<shows him picture>

Dad: "What is that? That's horrible! Pathetic..."

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

045.jpg

Worst jersey ever. I didn't expect anything less from Chuckles. Hideous. F'ing hideous!

Islanders fans killed the fisherman jerseys. This jersey is gonna get raked across the coals. The fishermans were at least unique and quirky in their own way. These are brand destroying, deviate far too much from the regular uniforms, trend-hopping with the arched wordmark, BFBS, gray for gray's sake, templates for templates sake, hell, third jersey for third jerseys sake. It's like everything terrible contained within one jersey.

*waits for the contrarian to say "I may be in the minority, but I kinda like them".*

The only thing that came to mind as worse is Mooterus.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived