NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

yeah, this is absolutely useless. having been at the first two games of the year (and going to the third tonight against the lightning), it's astounding how popular the current home/away set it. for a team that has had a lot of uniform changes over the past decade (traditionals with navy instead of royal to terrible edge template to the current set), it's remarkable how much the the royal absolutely kills any lingering navy. this won't sell in the slightest. if the isles don't tweak this or just scrap it all together, it will be gone as soon as it can be.

btw, i was told at the game on monday that these will have centered front numbers underneath the arched script. AND apparently the players like them, thus giving us any even bigger reason why to never let players decide what looks good.

sig2024.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't 3rds exist to increase sales? Who is going to buy that?

People who want to say that they own the worst jersey in NHL history.

Exactly that's why I would buy it I'm sorry......

Send me your $150. I have much better things to do with it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

yeah, this is absolutely useless. having been at the first two games of the year (and going to the third tonight against the lightning), it's astounding how popular the current home/away set it. for a team that has had a lot of uniform changes over the past decade (traditionals with navy instead of royal to terrible edge template to the current set), it's remarkable how much the the royal absolutely kills any lingering navy. this won't sell in the slightest. if the isles don't tweak this or just scrap it all together, it will be gone as soon as it can be.

btw, i was told at the game on monday that these will have centered front numbers underneath the arched script. AND apparently the players like them, thus giving us any even bigger reason why to never let players decide what looks good.

So basically the Islanders management were the only people who decided this was a good idea...

Boston+Bruins+v+Atlanta+Thrashers+E2YyuaXrHS9l.jpg

...and they created their own version of it.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

In fairness, the Thrashers' alt was an original design, and had at least one redeeming aspect in my eyes - the bird head shoulder logos, and the way the sleeve design followed the contour of them. I'd put this as being worse than the Thrashers' dead red threads, especially if the Isles go completely off the rails and throw in that contrasting nameplate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In regards to the players liking them...of course they say the players like them. Personally, they players probably don't care so much about the uniform. Probably more concerned with getting a W and $.

Personally, if the Islanders HAD to have a third, I wish they would have just carried over the Navy blue edge as a third, like the Oilers have. While the traditionals knock the navy edge out of the park, I actually liked them.

70389454.png

In fairness, the Thrashers' alt was an original design, and had at least one redeeming aspect in my eyes - the bird head shoulder logos, and the way the sleeve design followed the contour of them. I'd put this as being worse than the Thrashers' dead red threads, especially if the Isles go completely off the rails and throw in that contrasting nameplate.

They were trying to make a football jersey. In and of itself, there's nothing wrong with that.

Good idea, flawed execution.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Those are really, really bad.

Everything about them is horrible... I just hope that they don't have the white on black name plate. White name plates look dumb on coloured jerseys (Philly included).

The Islanders don't need black.

045.jpg

Just when the Isles finally get their home and roads right, they still manage to :censored: it up by adding an unnecessary and atrocious third jersey.

astounding, isn't it?

I would say yes, but this is the Islanders we're talking about.

spacer.png

In regards to the players liking them...of course they say the players like them. Personally, they players probably don't care so much about the uniform. Probably more concerned with getting a W and $.

Personally, if the Islanders HAD to have a third, I wish they would have just carried over the Navy blue edge as a third, like the Oilers have. While the traditionals knock the navy edge out of the park, I actually liked them.

No

As bad as the new third is, it is nowhere NEAR as awful as those navy, phantom shoulder yoked atrocities they unveiled in 2007/08. Using the Oilers is a bad example as their decision to keep the half stripes as a third borders on lunacy.

No

As bad as the new third is, it is nowhere NEAR as awful as those navy, phantom shoulder yoked atrocities they unveiled in 2007/08. Using the Oilers is a bad example as their decision to keep the half stripes as a third borders on lunacy.

I'm pretty sure the Oilers are obliged to wear the copper/navy monstrosity this year even thought they want to throw it out (much like Florida) because of league regulations (This would be their third change in 4 years, so I guess they have to wait another year until they shelve it to at least keep some consistency) about wearing a jersey for X amount of time before ditching it. Yet somehow the Isles can do it...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That's one classy centre ice design.

And it won't see action until 2 weeks from today for the Rangers home opener vs. Toronto. It'll be like that for the next 2 seasons as well, w/ the Rangers opening in Europe followed by a west coast swing, and no preseason games at home.

The lower bowl was completely re-done this year, concourses are being completely re-done, the upper levels get done next offseason, and those pedestrian bridges follow the season after that.

This year though the lower levels will be all new seats, with the upper levels still being the old teal ones. Yuck.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived