NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The Lightning looked so freaking good tonight in those unis!

You really can get a taste for how crappy and bland the new look is when they use those. And using the old shoulder patch is icing on the cake! I love it! It really puts the new look to shame, with all the colors and the better not drawn by a toddler logo.

Sigh. If only we could have kept that whole look. Glad we still get to see it some though.

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the alternate will be the current home jersey soon enough (hopefully with a matching road).

And new socks

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I can confirm that the Lightning are wearing their alt 3rds with no changes from previous years.

Old shoulder patch, gray piping, black stains, et all. Which, aside from the terrible crest, still beats the hell out of their new home/roads.

From tonight's game.

Screenshot2011-10-22at95329PM.png

Once again, proved Icethetics wrong! Muahaha, I'm a roll!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

To be fair, I've seen mockups of what the jersey was supposed to look like, sans shoulder patch. I'm not talking of the NHL shop image either. Perhaps the change was not approved by the league?

Not quite sure why you hate on Chris or Icethetics so much. He's pretty much a one stop shop for all changes and rumors in NA hockey uniform changes. From starting a blog as a hobby to being featured some of the places he has is a pretty neat story.

I can confirm that the Lightning are wearing their alt 3rds with no changes from previous years.

Old shoulder patch, gray piping, black stains, et all. Which, aside from the terrible crest, still beats the hell out of their new home/roads.

From tonight's game.

Congrats you proved that guy who gives up his own personal time to run a site that we all like, wrong.

maybe the league told them that they have to wear this setup for this season. I think if they remove the piping and change the wordmark that it will be a solid uniform. And help distinguish them from other teams. I love the pants and sock designs and even the jersey minus the piping. Best new NHL reebok jersey, just needs tweaks.

I think this has to be either a rule from either Reebok, the league,or both. IIRC, I heard that the Panthers must wear their stupid alt jersey the minimum number of time this year too, even though they want to push the new red unis.

From tonight's game.

Congrats you proved that guy who gives up his own personal time to run a site that we all like, wrong.

What he just said.

If you're such a know-it-all, why don't you start your own blog? Putting down other people's work to presumably make yourself look good will get you nowhere -- whether it be on this board or in life. I'm sure this forum would be a lot better off without people like you.

Not quite sure why you hate on Chris or Icethetics so much. He's pretty much a one stop shop for all changes and rumors in NA hockey uniform changes. From starting a blog as a hobby to being featured some of the places he has is a pretty neat story.

I'm perplexed as to how anyone on these boards could hate on Icethetics. Like this site, it provides a valuable resource for people interested in sports logos, in this case hockey. It's news stories are timely and the presentation is immaculate. Best of all Chris doesn't subject us to elitist, condescending opinions on every blog post. *ahem uniwatch*

oh lord. lets inflate the ego of icethetics even more, why don't we.

Really?

From tonight's game.

What he just said.

If you're such a know-it-all, why don't you start your own blog? Putting down other people's work to presumably make yourself look good will get you nowhere -- whether it be on this board or in life. I'm sure this forum would be a lot better off without people like you.

Holy venom spewing, batman!

I'm all about accuracy and no longer care to be noticed for my contributions. I had my fun with the Colorado 3rd by putting it out there 2 or 3 months prior to the launch and have not really cared about getting credit since.

In fact, I've provided details and in some instances photos to this site that have been posted by other members because, like I said, I don't care to get the credit. I do, however, have a problem with trying to help someone else and in turn be ignored.

I've provided feedback over the past two years on that website pointing out factual errors in regards to some posts only to have them brushed aside. Instead, I've just decided to post it on here and help the board be a source of amended or expanded information.

A few examples - the Jets' logo fiasco - I mentioned soon after the image of the Centre Ice shirt went up that it was in fact real and the comment was never accepted. I also believe I provided a link to an image of that shirt style as well.

The Leafs new 3rd - I spent a lot of time stating how there was NO silver to be found on the jersey only to once again be ignored. Ultimately, we know who was right. In addition, I had said LONG ago that the jersey would be the '67 style and it wasn't until Howard Berger had said something that he finally relayed that information.

Preds re-brand - I had mentioned early last summer that for the 2010-2011 season the Predators' would NOT be switching over a new jersey set and that it was being pushed off a year. Once again, nothing.

If a site is going to brand itself as being an accurate source, then be open to taking input from sources that have (not to sound cocky) a track record of accuracy. If anything, that's my issue, the inability to take critiques from someone he also knows has been correct in the past.

So please AndrewG70, save your condescending, self righteous criticism for someone else. You should understand my intentions because I'm in the same boat as you by wanting the most accurate information to be relayed to the public.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Holy venom spewing, batman!

I'm all about accuracy and no longer care to be noticed for my contributions. I had my fun with the Colorado 3rd by putting it out there 2 or 3 months prior to the launch and have not really cared about getting credit since.

In fact, I've provided details and in some instances photos to this site that have been posted by other members because, like I said, I don't care to get the credit. I do, however, have a problem with trying to help someone else and in turn be ignored.

I've provided feedback over the past two years on that website pointing out factual errors in regards to some posts only to have them brushed aside. Instead, I've just decided to post it on here and help the board be a source of amended or expanded information.

A few examples - the Jets' logo fiasco - I mentioned soon after the image of the Centre Ice shirt went up that it was in fact real and the comment was never accepted. I also believe I provided a link to an image of that shirt style as well.

The Leafs new 3rd - I spent a lot of time stating how there was NO silver to be found on the jersey only to once again be ignored. Ultimately, we know who was right. In addition, I had said LONG ago that the jersey would be the '67 style and it wasn't until Howard Berger had said something that he finally relayed that information.

Preds re-brand - I had mentioned early last summer that for the 2010-2011 season the Predators' would NOT be switching over a new jersey set and that it was being pushed off a year. Once again, nothing.

If a site is going to brand itself as being an accurate source, then be open to taking input from sources that have (not to sound cocky) a track record of accuracy. If anything, that's my issue, the inability to take critiques from someone he also knows has been correct in the past.

So please AndrewG70, save your condescending, self righteous criticism for someone else. You should understand my intentions because I'm in the same boat as you by wanting the most accurate information to be relayed to the public.

Agreed on all points Neon.

I believe what you post 1,000 more times than anything Icethetics does. I have written to him and explained inaccuracies as well and my comments just get deleted. He only cares about promoting himself and not giving accurate information to the fans.

You do realise that Icethetics is a blog he runs in his FREE time right? You really think he has the time to sift through every single comment, find the people with sources and check for accuracy? Get over yourself. Theres a reason why people on these boards get upset whenever you go on a completely unecessary Icethetics tirade. He made a mistake with the Jets logo, admitted it, and rectified it immediately. What more do you want?

Hello Pot, it's me... Kettle

You are categorically wrong there CreamSoda. I know the guy, have for years. He's not out there for self promotion.

I like reading info from different sources. As has been proven many times these things change so frequently in the process that who's right can depend on the day. The few things I have been able to pass along in my time I do so because I know you folks are interested, not because I care if you know menor not. This most recent Lightning third jersey thing, I was 110% convinced the NHL store mockup was correct based on what I have seen. I was wrong, who cares. Adds to the speculation, it's fun.

You do realise that Icethetics is a blog he runs in his FREE time right? You really think he has the time to sift through every single comment, find the people with sources and check for accuracy? Get over yourself. Theres a reason why people on these boards get upset whenever you go on a completely unecessary Icethetics tirade. He made a mistake with the Jets logo, admitted it, and rectified it immediately. What more do you want?

Hello Pot, it's me... Kettle

Hey there Kettle, wud up? I don't remember ever talking down to Chris nor attacking him personally. I've critiqued the site and the way the site is run, but never him as a person because I don't know him nor anything about him. I just know the website he runs.

Did I ask about his hobbies? Nope.

You don't seem to want to pay attention to the genesis of why I'm disgruntled with the site. If someone is going to spend the time and energy to build a site they want seen as the most accurate source on jersey leaks, then they have to be motivated to continually question their information and be open to listening to others who actually know something. Even if he doesn't read all the comments posted on his site, there are enough people who share that information here and he should be willing to read and credit the site as a source (which doesn't happen nearly enough, imo).

The Jets' situation is laughable because he was forced into retracting his attacks on those who were calling the image legitimate because if he simply ignored it or brushed it off, his credibility would have been completely lost. Much the same way that I've apologized when I have provided the occasional outdated piece of information. I accept I'm wrong and acknowledge the new piece of info. If I don't, then anything I choose to share will not have as much weight to it.

Look, I don't have to share anything on here. I do it as a favour to the community in order to feed the collective curiosity. I consider CC to be a real good friend and anything I can do to help increase traffic to the site is something I'm more than happy to do.

I'm allowed to voice my displeasure, especially when I've tried to help that site and my efforts are rebuffed.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived