NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The "Weagle" is probably one of the three worst logos in the NHL currently. The other two? The Kings pencil logo and anything related to the Canucks (Johnny Canuck, Johnny Canuck V, Whale, and Ice Rink "c").

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Weagle" is probably one of the three worst logos in the NHL currently. The other two? The Kings pencil logo and anything related to the Canucks (Johnny Canuck, Johnny Canuck V, Whale, and Ice Rink "c").

Well at least you spared the Flying Skate from being a bad logo.

I agree with most of that. The whale doesn't bother me too much, but with the addition of the wordmark it does. Can't stand the Johnny V. I wish that would die.

The Canucks have too many current logos, let alone past logos. 2 is more than enough, but they have about 5 or 6. It's rediculous.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Can you please provide justification as to why the "Weagle" is one of the three worst logos in the League?

Can you please provide justification as to why the "Weagle" is one of the three worst logos in the League?

When that came out I thought it was heralded around here as one of the better alternates in the NHL. I still think it looks cool.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

i think the weagle is a cute alternate logo... perfect for a alternate sweater, and for the shoulders.

the love it gets is absolute overkill though, and it looks awful on anything but a white background to me.

New-York-Rangers--2324-Ryan-Callahan-cream-2012-winter-classic-Jersey-3674-25758.jpg

These jerseys were all over the Garden today...worn by fans, not at the team shops. The people wearing them seemed to think they are the winter classic jerseys but i think they got scammed. The websites selling them are all very sketchy, and on top of that the crest logo doesnt match the jersey itself or the logo they are using in other promotional material for the winter classic.

I'm guessing they wear a white verson of the heritage jerseys from last year, so basically the above jersey but with a diagonal New York or Rangers. The stars would be a nice little tribute to the new york americans jerseys

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

How can one provide justification for an opinion? For what it's worth, I share his opinion. Too much blue and red butting up against each other in that logo, it's just not "strong". The concept is solid, but the execution is sorely lacking.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The blue and red could possibly stand to be set off from each other. That's a flaw I'll acknowledge. However, this is the first time the Washington Capitals have had a logo that has communicated "Washington Capitals" without spelling out the words "Washington Capitals," and that counts for a lot to me. Also, what's up front now is a hideous reimagining of what was already a pretty hideous design, this weird. jagged, "edgy" take on '70s kitsch.

EDIT: is this any better?

weagle.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's one thing to hate on the Canucks but their identity?

That colour scheme alone makes them among the best dressed teams in the league. The alternate jersey in particular is perfection with its Johnny Canuck "V' shoulder patches. How anyone could hate on that logo is completely beyond my comprehension. Works perfectly as a shoulder patch and finally gives the team a logo depicting it's namesake.

How can one provide justification for an opinion? For what it's worth, I share his opinion. Too much blue and red butting up against each other in that logo, it's just not "strong". The concept is solid, but the execution is sorely lacking.

I respect oddball's opinion and wanted him to provide further insight as to why the Weagle is ranked so low. However, the responses you and the admiral have provided greatly enhance my perspective and understanding of the finer details that should be considered when creating an effective logo. With that said, I appreciate being informed that the Weagle could have been executed better.

New-York-Rangers--2324-Ryan-Callahan-cream-2012-winter-classic-Jersey-3674-25758.jpg

These jerseys were all over the Garden today...worn by fans, not at the team shops. The people wearing them seemed to think they are the winter classic jerseys but i think they got scammed. The websites selling them are all very sketchy, and on top of that the crest logo doesnt match the jersey itself or the logo they are using in other promotional material for the winter classic.

I'm guessing they wear a white verson of the heritage jerseys from last year, so basically the above jersey but with a diagonal New York or Rangers. The stars would be a nice little tribute to the new york americans jerseys

They aren't using what is above. If you look on the Winter Classic site (http://www.nhl.com/ice/eventhome.htm?location=/winterclassic/2012) you see the retro version of the Rangers shield they are using. I've also seen the arch Rangers text in some official medium so my guess they are going to go with a white (or cream) version of the 46-47 uniforms.

Rangers12.png

It's a completely forced logo trying to be too many things at once. Is it an eagle is it the capital? The triangle in the middle, the lighting bolts on some wings and not others. Plus it looks like someone drove a steam roller over it and it's been flattened. How much more horrible can you get?

Archived