NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

So stupid that the Oil and the Bolts are using their old 3rd jerseys. You JUST changed you identity, and you use your old logo's/colours?

You really think they teams WANTED to do this? It must have been some kind of legal agreement, otherwise they wouldn't be forced to do it.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They aren't using what is above. If you look on the Winter Classic site (http://www.nhl.com/ice/eventhome.htm?location=/winterclassic/2012) you see the retro version of the Rangers shield they are using. I've also seen the arch Rangers text in some official medium so my guess they are going to go with a white (or cream) version of the 46-47 uniforms.

Rangers12.png

Where?

So stupid that the Oil and the Bolts are using their old 3rd jerseys. You JUST changed you identity, and you use your old logo's/colours?

You really think they teams WANTED to do this? It must have been some kind of legal agreement, otherwise they wouldn't be forced to do it.

Exactly. Teams are obligated to wear their gear a certain number of times, so they probably just picked a game that they figured wouldn't get that much attention.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Exactly. Teams are obligated to wear their gear a certain number of times, so they probably just picked a game that they figured wouldn't get that much attention.

Clearly Reebok is making up the rules as they go...

Lightning "Bolts" Alternate: Worn for 3 seasons, entering it's 4th.

Oilers Alternate: Worn for 5 excruciating, retina searing seasons.

So whats the minimum requirement then? Call me cynical but I think Reebok is just trying to unload it's unwanted products.

Well of course they're trying to unload products, that's kind of their job. I don't know the rule, but it may have to do also with how much notice the team gave that they were dumping them. If Reebok had already produced some to sell this year by the time they were told, then that could be it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Oilers Alternate: Worn for 5 excruciating, retina searing seasons.

Except that, until this season, it wasn't an alternate.

True. It was the Home jersey for three seasons, the alternate for 2 (Last year they used the Retro look at Home without a matching Road).

Either way it's time for it to go.

I think it has to do with notice and the minimal amount of years they have to wear it.

The Panthers Baby Blue Alt is going on it's third year, while they don't want to wear it, they are forced to wear it for 13 games. They are trying to wear it on the road and asking other teams to wear white in those games- so they don't ruin their identity at home (Twitter Motto/ Team Slogan is #WeSeeRed).

I would bet they need 3 years of wearing it, and atleast 1 season notice of a change to stop producing the jersey for retail and clear stock.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Not to mention it lets them sell merchandise in that color...

Good point

The Oilers seem afraid of completely ditching the Midnight Blue/Copper. The logo with those colours still appears at centre ice.

No it doesn't. The face off circle has been changed from red to blue and the copper in the drop appears orange now.

oilerslogo.png

For comparison, the old one with red outline

20110413_hall-1024.jpg

zzPEfBm.png

I remember being at the Joe in the late 90s and there were people with baby blue Red Wings jerseys. I know it must have just been some fashion jersey- like the black Wings one- but wow was that FUGLY.

Starter did those. They had yellow Blackhawks ones that were equally vile. The royal blue Penguins jerseys they did worked nicely, though. (Little did I know at the time...)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Um why was Nashville allowed to get rid of their third then? Can anyone find the rule on this issue?

http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3169596&f=PAD%2FTeam%2FNashville+Predators&fbc=1&fbn=Team%7CNashville+Predators

It's still for sale on NHL.com, so I wouldn't count it out that you wont see it this season.

I remember being at the Joe in the late 90s and there were people with baby blue Red Wings jerseys. I know it must have just been some fashion jersey- like the black Wings one- but wow was that FUGLY.

Starter did those. They had yellow Blackhawks ones that were equally vile. The royal blue Penguins jerseys they did worked nicely, though. (Little did I know at the time...)

Another one that looked good was the Avalanche in baby blue. The Panthers in yellow wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

Archived