NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The numbers on the helmet seem like a super late minute decision.. I can see teams dropping them in a a year or so

Teams don't really have a choice if it's the league saying they must have them.

I was referring to the numbers on the front of the jersey..

The numbers on the helmet seem like a super late minute decision.. I can see teams dropping them in a a year or so

So you were referring to the numbers on the front of the jersey, but you said helmet?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So you were referring to the numbers on the front of the jersey, but you said helmet?

I believe he means that the numbers on the front of the helmets decision came so close to the start of the season that those teams that wear numbers on the fronts of their jerseys didn't have time to decide to take them off for this year.

Do the Rangers wear different pants with thier third uniforms? On the surface they look the same as the regular home/away pants, but for some reason upon closer inspection, they look darker to me.

Last year I read that the pants worn with the alternates were indeed pants shells with a darker red hue to match the rest of the look. I don't recall which site I read this on, however, so it's always possible it was just the Icethetics dude once again sharing his opinions as fact, or someone else doing so.

I swear it's vintage white on those pants (putting vintage white in the jersey next to white on the pants would show an obvious difference, right?), so I assume they're different. The whole thing looks a little darker, too. I assume they're shells that are color-matched to the jerseys.

I was bored, so I decided to look into this once and for all by checking out the Rangers website, which has a ton of game photos (from both this year AND last season). My conclusion: I believe they wore red (can't tell if it's darker)-dark blue-vintage white shells (all made by Easton) for the FIRST game ONLY, then switched to regular pants from then on. Some examples:

November 17, 2010 (First game wearing the Heritage uniforms): Shells (only Henrik Lundqvist seems to be in the regular pants!)

BOSNYR_1117_4_slide.jpg

BOSNYR_1117_8_slide.jpg

BOSNYR_1117_9_slide.jpg

December 5, 2010 (Second game wearing the Heritage uniforms): Regular Pants

OTTNYR_1205_Add3_slide.jpg

April 4, 2011 vs. Boston: Regular Pants

111627405_slide.jpg

November 5, 2011 vs. Montreal: Regular Pants

131554859_slide.jpg

Based on the materials, the flatness of the crest, the hex-nut grommets, and the text sublimated inside the neck, that one looks awfully legit. The only thing that makes me question it is the Winter Classic patch, as Reebok replicas use screened twill for shoulder patches, and that is clearly embroidered. Have previous Winter Classic Edge replicas also used embroidered patches?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't see a fight strap, so if this is supposed to be an replica, it's missing the jock tag.

A lot of this does look really close to legit, but I too question some of it. And while there is the writing on the inside of the collar, it just looks awfully generic and slapped on with the Time New Roman.

If this is it, I like it. Pretty much close to what we expected. Almost a Quaker throwback, but not completely.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Based on the materials, the flatness of the crest, the hex-nut grommets, and the text sublimated inside the neck, that one looks awfully legit. The only thing that makes me question it is the Winter Classic patch, as Reebok replicas use screened twill for shoulder patches, and that is clearly embroidered. Have previous Winter Classic Edge replicas also used embroidered patches?

All the WC jerseys have had an embroidered logo.

In addition, they never had jock tags (and have all been made on the 6100 template, which this is. On ice jerseys, however, have been Edge.)

I'm saying legit... the eyelets for the laces and design in that area identical to the ones found on the new Toronto 3rd jersey...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Penguins need to throw their logo on the front of this and make it their primary. This is an NHL caliber uniform...

316144_10150333560001384_25795361383_8060909_1611967672_n.jpg

Yes! That's the jersey Pittsburgh should be wearing! (With the skating penguin on the front and a new alt logo on the shoulders)

Also, a hockey store out here is selling Sharks Edge 2.0 jerseys now. They have no label on the inside except for a neon green strip (formerly had a rbk/Reebok logo on the strip) to show the name, where it was made and the size. Finally, Reebok has put out the ACTUAL authentic Edge jersey for sale to the public that is on the ice since November 2007.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The IceJerseys board has a link to an Ebay listing of a legit-looking Flyers Winter Classic replica.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Winter-Classic-Philadelphia-Flyers-Semi-Pro-Jersey-Reebok-Hockey-NHL-CCM-M-/370558520034

$(KGrHqV,!jkE66tt+VPkBOuv8)N7-Q~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!ikE6JiFkc(7BOuv9Rlr3!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKpUE6T2s6Sl4BOuv9kERKw~~60_3.JPG

LOVE IT! IIRC, it would be the first Flyers jersey with arm stripes?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Also, a hockey store out here is selling Sharks Edge 2.0 jerseys now. They have no label on the inside except for a neon green strip (formerly had a rbk/Reebok logo on the strip) to show the name, where it was made and the size. Finally, Reebok has put out the ACTUAL authentic Edge jersey for sale to the public that is on the ice since November 2007.

Careful. The only 2.0's available are the new Jets jerseys and game-issued jerseys from teams. The new 2.0's available for retail are not what is worn on the ice. Google "Indo-Edge" to find out about it.

The new Jets jerseys look great in real life, btw. Dunno if it's ever been mentioned but there's a script "Winnipeg" on the inside of the rear collar.

Next time I'm at Sport Chek I'll snap a picture.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

looks like one of those felt crests like the Wild use on their reds. Idk if that makes it more legit or not.

Overall, it's terribly underwhelming. It's a nice jersey, very different from everything in the Flyers' history (and their first laceup collar), and I can't say I'm impressed...but it definitely doesn't look bad.

I give it a "meh...it's alright"

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Careful. The only 2.0's available are the new Jets jerseys and game-issued jerseys from teams. The new 2.0's available for retail are not what is worn on the ice. Google "Indo-Edge" to find out about it.

My new Leafs' Authentic 3rd is Edge 2.0. (edit: As RogerClement pointed out to me awhile back, it does say Indonesia in the collar of my recent purchase... which means it's an Indo-Edge. Ugh) I know this because I have the first run Edge 1.0 Leafs and one of the last 1.0 jerseys made as well.

I'll add to my earlier description of the WC jerseys - since they've been made on the 6100 template, the materials have been similar (however much thinner recently) to the material found on pre-Edge replicas. It isn't Edge 2.0, not even close.

Edit - You know what... let me do some digging around... I'll get back in a week or so with less speculative information than ones provided in the IceJersey forums.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My new Leafs' Authentic 3rd is Edge 2.0. I know this because I have the first run Edge 1.0 Leafs and one of the last 1.0 jerseys made as well.

I'll add to my earlier description of the WC jerseys - since they've been made on the 6100 template, the materials have been similar (however much thinner recently) to the material found on pre-Edge replicas. It isn't Edge 2.0, not even close.

Do you still have the hang tag? I may be wrong about what I've found out but the only NHL retail 2.0's I've seen have been for Winnipeg (model number 7287) whereas all the online retailers selling "2.0's" are selling model number 7231, which are the ones made in Indonesia and are not what are worn on the ice.

My new Leafs' Authentic 3rd is Edge 2.0. I know this because I have the first run Edge 1.0 Leafs and one of the last 1.0 jerseys made as well.

Do you still have the hang tag? I may be wrong about what I've found out but the only NHL retail 2.0's I've seen have been for Winnipeg (model number 7287) whereas all the online retailers selling "2.0's" are selling model number 7231, which are the ones made in Indonesia and are not what are worn on the ice.

Yellow collar ribbon. I'm trying to pull up the model number that I purchased, however, I can't seem to find it listed at the moment. I'll have a better idea after this weekend as to which one I have in my possession... have a few sources to work from that should yield favourable results.

EDIT: I'm going to go on a limb here and say it's 2.0... the price I purchased it for matches up a lot closer with the price for the 7287 compared to the cheaper 7231... There is a different between the two costs, and it's closer to $25...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived