NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the looks of that picture, the Lightning home blue jersey seems to be selling alot though.

It's a little deceiving. They gave it to all season ticket holders for renewing or signing up for season tickets. In fact every one in that picture has the STH little black patch you can see.

It has a a little thing on it that says STH (season ticket holder) and a chip in the arm for discounts.

I refuse to wear it, because it looks like :censored:. But I'll bring the other one they gave me in a bag to get the discounts. A little much? Maybe, but I wouldn't be on this board if I wasn't weird about logos/unis. I think the new branding is a joke, and I don't want any part of it.

2ly2w09.jpg

Wow, good points guys. I completely forgot about that.

No worries. I don't think everyone knew about it.

But it does make it appear that everyone is loving the jersey and wearing them. Honestly I could probably count on my hands the number of non season ticket holder jerseys I see per game.

2ly2w09.jpg

Looks like Legend beat me to it. I'll give credit to the Lightning for that strategy though. If you want to make a color change and know it might not be universally adopted by the fanbase or even particularly popular, give free jerseys to the people that will be in the best seats every night and sweeten the deal with discounts. Gives the impression that the blue is popular and the casual fan might be tempted to jump in. I applaud you, Legend, for your resistance.

EDIT: Wow, beat by Legend twice in two attempts on this thread.

I like the new TB look, but agree is does suck when they face Toronto.

I guess this is one of the few cases where BFBS is actually being called for.

It isn't Black For Black's Sake when black was the primary color for the franchise's entire existence.

The bolts/leafs matchup along with the jets/jackets fiasco, maybe somebody should remind the league that there's more colors than just blue out there.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The bolts/leafs matchup along with the jets/jackets fiasco, maybe somebody should remind the league that there's more colors than just blue out there.

There's also red! And black! And... other shades of blue!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The jersey on display in the 11th Street Atrium at tonight's Flyers game:

wc2012front.jpgwc2012side.jpg

wc2012patch.jpg

is it just me or does the Crest look huge? i also went to Modells tonight and they have the jersey for sale for $199, think if/when i get it ill get it at the store so i can save the extra $20 from the $219 they have it for online

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Wait. A $219 replica?

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the new TB look, but agree is does suck when they face Toronto.

I guess this is one of the few cases where BFBS is actually being called for.

The Lightning wore black jerseys as their primaries for their entire history up until this year.

It can't be BFBS when it was always what they featured first and fore-most. And while I'm at it, there's not a doubt in my mind this is the Lightning have ever looked:

Lightning12.png

Once the madness of having drop-shadows or crazy fonts on the numbers and names died down, they had a very nice and understated template. Wish they had never gone away from that look.

spacer.png

Wait. A $219 replica?

yea that seems to be around the going price for the Winter Classic Jerseys the last few years

In what country?

Archived