NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this has been brought up but, the Dallas Stars retired thier third jersey this year.

I noticed they haven't worn them yet so I e-mailed the website and this was the response I got.

Thanks for the email. The Dallas Stars are not using an alternate uniform this season. The design with the arched ?Dallas? and sweater number on the front is used in both the home and away versions.

Thanks for your email and support of Dallas Stars Hockey.

Go Stars!

Thats too bad. I really like the logo on the front of the jersey much more than those crappy "Dallas" wordmarks. Furthermore I'll miss those green texas patches the team wore on the shoulders as a secondary logo. Now it does not appear at all on the uniforms. :mad:

The Catch of the Day!

The jersey on display in the 11th Street Atrium at tonight's Flyers game:

wc2012front.jpgwc2012side.jpg

wc2012patch.jpg

is it just me or does the Crest look huge? i also went to Modells tonight and they have the jersey for sale for $199, think if/when i get it ill get it at the store so i can save the extra $20 from the $219 they have it for online

The crest does look big. Almost like a fake.

70389454.png

I like the new TB look, but agree is does suck when they face Toronto.

I guess this is one of the few cases where BFBS is actually being called for.

The Lightning wore black jerseys as their primaries for their entire history up until this year.

It can't be BFBS when it was always what they featured first and fore-most. And while I'm at it, there's not a doubt in my mind this is the Lightning have ever looked:

Lightning12.png

Once the madness of having drop-shadows or crazy fonts on the numbers and names died down, they had a very nice and understated template. Wish they had never gone away from that look.

My BFBS comment was meant jokingly. I'm aware of their original jerseys and agree they are the best.

70389454.png

The jersey on display in the 11th Street Atrium at tonight's Flyers game:

wc2012front.jpgwc2012side.jpg

wc2012patch.jpg

is it just me or does the Crest look huge? i also went to Modells tonight and they have the jersey for sale for $199, think if/when i get it ill get it at the store so i can save the extra $20 from the $219 they have it for online

The crest does look big. Almost like a fake.

I hate glued on patches! I wish they were sewn on.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Wait. A $219 replica?

yea that seems to be around the going price for the Winter Classic Jerseys the last few years

In what country?

I got a 2011 Pens premier WC jersey for either $129 or $139.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Rangers just announced that their Winter Classic jersey will be unveiled on the 28th.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My favorite aspect of the jersey: The shoulder yokes aren't composed of two pieces of fabric with a sewn line down the middle like every other Edge jersey. These ones just have regular shoulder yokes.

I don't quite know if that is the case yet because every image we've seen of the jerseys so far have all been replicas that don't have a fight strap (and strangely, no Reebok logo on the sleeve either). Every authentic Edge jersey I know of that has the traditional shoulder yokes, even the one's made of the old airknit material, always have an extra seam down the middle of the shoulder panel AND piping surrounding the entire shoulder panel, even if the panel is the same color as the jersey. (The only exceptions to the piping rule are the Devils and Rangers who have unusually shaped shoulder yokes.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

This is why I'm getting it. 20 years down the road some uniform geek will want to shell out money for these terrible jerseys :P

Problem with that logic is, the ones you lined to are valuable just as much for their scarcity as they are for their unique look. Guarantee the Isles will get a crapton of these made, and wear the design for at least three years.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The problem with shelling out the cash and hoping those are worth something is they will not have the nostalgia of the infamous 90s jerseys. While the third jersey program has always been a way for the team to make some quick cash off the fans, there is something more fun and innocent about the Wild Wing, Fish Sticks, and Burger King jerseys. The new Isles 3rd just scream corporate BS to me.

70389454.png

The fun and innocence comes in how childish the designs look on the ice. The Isles third has no design - just a boring wordmark with a background color the Isles have never used in their history, and never should've starting using either.

I would think much differently if they had entered the league as a royal/orange/black team. They weren't, and they shouldn't start now.

spacer.png

Wait. A $219 replica?

yea that seems to be around the going price for the Winter Classic Jerseys the last few years

In what country?

I got a 2011 Pens premier WC jersey for either $129 or $139.

I got a Canadiens Heritage Classic one in Montreal with Gionta on back last year for $130.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

Archived