uah8tr

NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

Flyers jerseys are quite nice. I do agree that the crest looks massive though.

So.. the Flyers wanna look like the Devils? :P

I don't know if this has been brought up but, the Dallas Stars retired thier third jersey this year.

I noticed they haven't worn them yet so I e-mailed the website and this was the response I got.

Thanks for the email. The Dallas Stars are not using an alternate uniform this season. The design with the arched ?Dallas? and sweater number on the front is used in both the home and away versions.

Thanks for your email and support of Dallas Stars Hockey.

Go Stars!

Thats too bad. I really like the logo on the front of the jersey much more than those crappy "Dallas" wordmarks. Furthermore I'll miss those green texas patches the team wore on the shoulders as a secondary logo. Now it does not appear at all on the uniforms. :mad:

The jersey on display in the 11th Street Atrium at tonight's Flyers game:

wc2012front.jpgwc2012side.jpg

wc2012patch.jpg

is it just me or does the Crest look huge? i also went to Modells tonight and they have the jersey for sale for $199, think if/when i get it ill get it at the store so i can save the extra $20 from the $219 they have it for online

The crest does look big. Almost like a fake.

I like the new TB look, but agree is does suck when they face Toronto.

I guess this is one of the few cases where BFBS is actually being called for.

The Lightning wore black jerseys as their primaries for their entire history up until this year.

It can't be BFBS when it was always what they featured first and fore-most. And while I'm at it, there's not a doubt in my mind this is the Lightning have ever looked:

Lightning12.png

Once the madness of having drop-shadows or crazy fonts on the numbers and names died down, they had a very nice and understated template. Wish they had never gone away from that look.

My BFBS comment was meant jokingly. I'm aware of their original jerseys and agree they are the best.

The jersey on display in the 11th Street Atrium at tonight's Flyers game:

wc2012front.jpgwc2012side.jpg

wc2012patch.jpg

is it just me or does the Crest look huge? i also went to Modells tonight and they have the jersey for sale for $199, think if/when i get it ill get it at the store so i can save the extra $20 from the $219 they have it for online

The crest does look big. Almost like a fake.

I hate glued on patches! I wish they were sewn on.

is there any way to tell the Diff between a Winter Classic Authentic Jersey and a Premier Jersey. since they dont have the reebok logo on the arm or the size patch on the bottom

So if i go to Modells i can buy a WC jersey with player name for $199.99

If i order it on nhl.com its $219.99

but if i customize the jersey i can get it for $204.99

2011-11-23_13-36-50_492.jpg

2011-11-23_13-36-19_203.jpg

Not only that but the first picture is the old style jersey and the second is an edge jersey, but both say Premier. Unless the first one is just the way the jersey is laying in the model.

Wait. A $219 replica?

yea that seems to be around the going price for the Winter Classic Jerseys the last few years

In what country?

I got a 2011 Pens premier WC jersey for either $129 or $139.

Tonight's the first time the Islanders black mess hits the ice. I'm celebrating by picking up a John Tavares replica of it for my upcoming birthday just for the sakes of saying I own one of the worst jerseys ever conceived ^_^

You know what? Paypal me that money instead, lamicus at gmail dot com. I'm sure I could put it to much better use.

Rangers just announced that their Winter Classic jersey will be unveiled on the 28th.

My favorite aspect of the jersey: The shoulder yokes aren't composed of two pieces of fabric with a sewn line down the middle like every other Edge jersey. These ones just have regular shoulder yokes.

I don't quite know if that is the case yet because every image we've seen of the jerseys so far have all been replicas that don't have a fight strap (and strangely, no Reebok logo on the sleeve either). Every authentic Edge jersey I know of that has the traditional shoulder yokes, even the one's made of the old airknit material, always have an extra seam down the middle of the shoulder panel AND piping surrounding the entire shoulder panel, even if the panel is the same color as the jersey. (The only exceptions to the piping rule are the Devils and Rangers who have unusually shaped shoulder yokes.

This is why I'm getting it. 20 years down the road some uniform geek will want to shell out money for these terrible jerseys :P

Problem with that logic is, the ones you lined to are valuable just as much for their scarcity as they are for their unique look. Guarantee the Isles will get a crapton of these made, and wear the design for at least three years.

The problem with shelling out the cash and hoping those are worth something is they will not have the nostalgia of the infamous 90s jerseys. While the third jersey program has always been a way for the team to make some quick cash off the fans, there is something more fun and innocent about the Wild Wing, Fish Sticks, and Burger King jerseys. The new Isles 3rd just scream corporate BS to me.

The fun and innocence comes in how childish the designs look on the ice. The Isles third has no design - just a boring wordmark with a background color the Isles have never used in their history, and never should've starting using either.

I would think much differently if they had entered the league as a royal/orange/black team. They weren't, and they shouldn't start now.

Wait. A $219 replica?

yea that seems to be around the going price for the Winter Classic Jerseys the last few years

In what country?

I got a 2011 Pens premier WC jersey for either $129 or $139.

I got a Canadiens Heritage Classic one in Montreal with Gionta on back last year for $130.