uah8tr

NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

After watching them in action, I've just realized how horrid the Stars' jerseys are. There is literally no creativity whatsoever. What on Earth were they thinking when they ditched that logo? It was a classic. hell, Minnesota even wore it! I hope they have something new in mind for next season. Any rumours about them possibly doing so?

Those jerseys have the double whammy of being worn during a really bad period in team history, and being really really poorly designed. I imagine they are gone next year.

What happened to the plans to introduce a kelly green alternate jersey with a classic inspired logo? Last I've heard is that they postponed those plans till next year, but no one really confirmed that next year would be the year either.

The ownership issue killed off those plans, which was disappointing, considering the jerseys sounded FANTASTIC. Thankfully, Gaglardi bought the team early enough in the season so that we could see a complete overhaul next year, which the vast majority of fans are hoping for.

The Islanders thirds have spread across the Sound into Bridgeport:

23dbt.jpg

That's where it belongs, on a minor league team.

The Sound Tigers have the numbers diffferent from the Isles and they look a lot better in white than it does in orange.

It's actually a great look for the Sound Tigers. Slap a logo on the front and give them blue pants and you're golden.

Your best bet is probably rivercitysports.com. Theres a bunch of hats with no images im sure its there somewhere.

The worst part about the Bruins black alternate is the black socks they wear with them. The Bruins in black socks is sacrilegious.

I agree 100%

While I agree, I find the Bruins alternate to be positively boring, especially compared to the Winter Classic design.

I really wish they'd adopt it, because I'd love to purchase one direct from the NHL, and it's impossible to find one on nhlshop.com. I missed the opportunity to buy one back in 2009.

After watching them in action, I've just realized how horrid the Stars' jerseys are. There is literally no creativity whatsoever. What on Earth were they thinking when they ditched that logo? It was a classic. hell, Minnesota even wore it! I hope they have something new in mind for next season. Any rumours about them possibly doing so?

That logo is definitely a classic. Simple and to the point... also has a cup behind it. I really hope the Stars redesign their jerseys soon as they were easily among the worst downgrades of the Edge Rollout. Take the striping pattern of the "allstar jerseys," simplify it (think Flames Pre-Edge) and apply the classic logo. Then bring back the Black and Kelly Green jersey from 1993/04 as a throwback.

Perfection

That logo is definitely a classic. Simple and to the point... also has a cup behind it. I really hope the Stars redesign their jerseys soon as they were easily among the worst downgrades of the Edge Rollout. Take the striping pattern of the "allstar jerseys," simplify it (think Flames Pre-Edge) and apply the classic logo. Then bring back the Black and Kelly Green jersey from 1993/04 as a throwback.

Perfection

Dallas just got a new owner. Usually with a new owner a team gets a new look.

Dallas just got a new owner. Usually with a new owner a team gets a new look.

That is true, but the Stars also recently brought back Jim Lites for his third string as team president. He was apparently involved in the design and approvals process the first time and is said to have really liked the simplistic design. He also made some comments about not listening to fans when they were critical in the past. They should do an overhaul, but I'm not sure they will.

I've always thought Dallas' logo was bland and uninspired. It's like ClipArt and WordArt If They Mated.

They'd look infinitely better with the NEW YORK script down the front. Seeing a Rangers sweater with the shield as the crest always looks wrong.

They'd look infinitely better with the NEW YORK script down the front. Seeing a Rangers sweater with the shield as the crest always looks wrong.

Agreed. Which is why I think their Heritage sweaters put these to shame.

The mismatched hemline stripes throw it off as well.

Wildly disappointing. Putting that droopy "vintage" shield on the front seems like a big mistake. Hopefully these get buried after one game.