NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

It seems hockey is the only sport that copies like this. One trend starts, everyone does it.

There was the circle logos: Blues, Panthers, Lightning, Blue Jackets, Penguins.

The script/word mark logos: Wild, Sabres, Avalanche, Senators, Lightning Rangers (New "old" jersey).

Basketball/college hockey unis: Stars, Thrashers (last year), Islanders.

Vintage white: Wild, Blue Jackets, Sabres, Rangers (twice, with both throwbacks), Senators, Bruins, Blackhawks.

Don't forgot the throwback trend, which is in all sports, but hockey as well. Throwbacks whether back to full time or being used for a third jersey: Islanders, Oilers, Sabres (slightly modernized), Capitals, Flames, Rangers, Kings, Canucks, Senators, Blackhawks.

I really hate the lack of creativity and wasted talent that is occuring in the NHL. It's scary the copycat issue going on. With all the technology and talented people, they are becoming lazier and lazier. Copying desigins or just going back to an old one. It's sad.

The Sharks, Coyotes, Hurricanes, and newly done Jets are some of the few teams showing they have some creativity and try something cool for their regular or third jerseys.

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own a Pens WC jersey, and I can say for a fact that the colour looks a lot different on jersey fabric. While it's not cream, it's less beige-looking than this.

Not surprising. However, here's the official crest:

PittsburghPenguins_WCPML1_2011.png

It seems hockey is the only sport that copies like this. One trend starts, everyone does it.

The script/word mark logos: Wild, Sabres, Avalanche, Senators, Lightning Rangers (New "old" jersey).

Vintage white: Wild, Blue Jackets, Sabres, Rangers (twice, with both throwbacks), Senators, Bruins, Blackhawks.

Don't forgot the throwback trend, which is in all sports, but hockey as well. Throwbacks whether back to full time or being used for a third jersey: Islanders, Oilers, Sabres (slightly modernized), Capitals, Flames, Rangers, Kings, Canucks, Senators, Blackhawks.

I really hate the lack of creativity and wasted talent that is occuring in the NHL. It's scary the copycat issue going on. With all the technology and talented people, they are becoming lazier and lazier. Copying desigins or just going back to an old one. It's sad.

The Sharks, Coyotes, Hurricanes, and newly done Jets are some of the few teams showing they have some creativity and try something cool for their regular or third jerseys.

Precisely why I miss the 90's. New Islanders third is a perfect example of the lack of creativity plagueing the NHL. Anyone on these boards could have whipped something like that up in 5 minutes

Vintage white is getting so old (again?). I wish teams would look forward instead of backwards all the time. I love the traditional designs, but when it comes to colours lets move on! Go bright and bold, not faded and flat.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

While this is all valid, I'm going to be the picky guy here.

Penguins get a pass on the circle logo because of the throwback aspect.

Rangers get a pass on the wordmark thing because of their regular jerseys.

Wild get a pass on the "vintage white" because of how wheat was originally used in their identity (in others words, as a main part of the identity, not to appear vintage). However I do see how the latest 3rd can be considered to go against this.

I think Chicago gets a pass as well as tan is directly part of the throwback.

Either way, I agree about the lack of creativity. While some teams look their best ever, creativity is certainly lacking.

Vintage white is getting so old (again?). I wish teams would look forward instead of backwards all the time. I love the traditional designs, but when it comes to colours lets move on! Go bright and bold, not faded and flat.

I find it funny the use of 'vintage white' nowadays, since it was never used purposely on the old uniforms. The old uniforms that used white, when they were brand new, were white. Because of the textiles used, they eventually became discoloured with use and age, giving it the 'vintage white' appearance.

tigercatssignature-1.png

Everything is cyclical, my friend. In 10 years, we'll be seeing crazy and wild alternate jerseys, teams radically changing to colors like aqua and fuchsia, and glowpucks.

The Coyotes used it on their 1997-2003 home and road sweaters, but only as a trim colour on their logo. Tan is also used on their current logo. The current black

Coyotes alternate sweater is the first Coyotes sweater to actually use it on the sweater itself. With the Coyotes, though, they clearly weren't going for a "vintage hockey" look. The sand was/is there to allude to the team's desert

location.

The Wild were the first team to use it in an attempt to mimic older hockey sweaters with their wheat colour. I didn't mind it then because it was just one team, and the Wild's colour scheme just "works" with the wheat/cream/vintage white. Since then though? It's become an out of control fad.

preview55953836.jpg

Well the Black Coyotes inaugural jersey used Sand in its South Western style striping though I definitely agree it wasn't used to achieve a vintage look. It's too bad those

jerseys weren't a little more restrained because that was a spectacular, unique colour palette that accurately reflected the desert motiff.

Wheat worked on the Wild' inaugural set though it's been overused on the fauxback red primaries and that hideous

alternate.

I always felt those old Coyotes sweaters were better and had more character than their generic sedona red/wheat/white look. And their black alt, especially paired with red helmet/breezers and a poor template looks hideous.

I see those uni's above, and I still see traditional striping elements with the interior's of the stripes used in a creative and unique way, much like the Cincinnati Bengals' tiger stripes within traditional shoulder stripes from their two sets from 1981-2003.

I don't want to call them perfect, but I don't hesitate to call them better than their new set, especially since they still lack hem stripes these days.

Couldn't agree more. I loved those old Coyotes jerseys.

The more I see the Lightning road jerseys, the sexier they become. Definitely picking up a road one soon.

Road jerseys are ruined by that unnecessary, oversized script. If they just had the logo it would be a huge improvement.

Is it blasphemy if I'm a hardcore Bolts fan, but I want one John Carlson Caps throwback?

Come to the dark side...

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived