NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The more I see the Lightning road jerseys, the sexier they become. Definitely picking up a road one soon.

Road jerseys are ruined by that unnecessary, oversized script. If they just had the logo it would be a huge improvement.

I can see the Canucks jerseys in your sig don't have the fronts displayed. ^_^

I agree, I strongly dislike the script on the Tampa road and Vancouver jerseys. No reason to be there.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems hockey is the only sport that copies like this. One trend starts, everyone does it.

There was the circle logos: Blues, Panthers, Lightning, Blue Jackets, Penguins.

The script/word mark logos: Wild, Sabres, Avalanche, Senators, Lightning Rangers (New "old" jersey).

Basketball/college hockey unis: Stars, Thrashers (last year), Islanders.

Vintage white: Wild, Blue Jackets, Sabres, Rangers (twice, with both throwbacks), Senators, Bruins, Blackhawks.

Don't forgot the throwback trend, which is in all sports, but hockey as well. Throwbacks whether back to full time or being used for a third jersey: Islanders, Oilers, Sabres (slightly modernized), Capitals, Flames, Rangers, Kings, Canucks, Senators, Blackhawks.

I really hate the lack of creativity and wasted talent that is occuring in the NHL. It's scary the copycat issue going on. With all the technology and talented people, they are becoming lazier and lazier. Copying desigins or just going back to an old one. It's sad.

The Sharks, Coyotes, Hurricanes, and newly done Jets are some of the few teams showing they have some creativity and try something cool for their regular or third jerseys.

To me, part of the retro trend for some teams have to do with how crappy their Edge makeover was, which is especially true for the Oilers and Islanders. So, to quickly calm down the out cry, they brought out an old look that evoked their old Stanley Cup winning days as an alternate at first, then full time. It is lazy, but it's also out of fear of further backlash if they go too far away from what fans are use to again.

I thought the Isles initial edge jerseys were top five in the league. I don't understand the hate

Phantom yoke, bettman tail stripes and the clownfish effect on the sleeves are why I hate it.

Personally I loved them. Such an upgrade - unfortunately, just not for the Islanders. Everything about their franchise is dull and dated, from the logo to the arena to the on ice performance. It was a beautiful jersey, the colors were great. With the way they market themselves, the jerseys they use now (home/away ONLY) are perfect for this team.

Rangers full jersey Winter Classic leak?

winterclassicbobblehead.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

It's not a leak if the uniforms were unveiled earlier in the week. Link

There's a difference between uniform and jersey. The jersey was released, the rest of the uniform has not been.

Oops, I completely missed that finer detail. Sorry about that Nash.

It's not a leak if the uniforms were unveiled earlier in the week. Link

There's a difference between uniform and jersey. The jersey was released, the rest of the uniform has not been.

Oops, I completely missed that finer detail. Sorry about that Nash.

No problem, my mistake for saying jersey instead of uniform.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

Screenshot2011-12-02at61336PM.png

Bulldogs-Marlies outdoor game logo.

Have those of you participating in All-Star Game voting noticed the alternate logo in the background of the ballot? It looks like the Rideau Canal with a puck streaking down it and the silhouette of the parliament buildings in the background all in a circle. I was wondering if anyone had a better picture of it? I've been really impressed with the branding of this year's ASG. I really hope they go the Minnesota retro route with the jerseys.

Have those of you participating in All-Star Game voting noticed the alternate logo in the background of the ballot? It looks like the Rideau Canal with a puck streaking down it and the silhouette of the parliament buildings in the background all in a circle. I was wondering if anyone had a better picture of it? I've been really impressed with the branding of this year's ASG. I really hope they go the Minnesota retro route with the jerseys.

ASG2.png

Don't remember seeing it mentioned on here yet, but the crest of the Flyers' WC jersey is felt, same with the lettering.

Now, I may be crazy, but I am fairly certain that the "white" on the jersey falls under the vintage white banner. Again, don't remember seeing that mentioned for Philly.

I'm also running on fumes right now so I could just be forgetting stuff.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Yea the flyers jersey uses "vintage white" that plus the lace up collar really make no sense as the flyers have never worn a lace up collar.

The 80s/90s orange jersey should've just been used, yea i know not "vintage" enough, even tho it would have been an ACTUAL jersey they wore, and not some hodgepodge fauxback jersey with vintage elements the flyers never wore.

Yea the flyers jersey uses "vintage white" that plus the lace up collar really make no sense as the flyers have never worn a lace up collar.

The 80s/90s orange jersey should've just been used, yea i know not "vintage" enough, even tho it would have been an ACTUAL jersey they wore, and not some hodgepodge fauxback jersey with vintage elements the flyers never wore.

This is the Winter Classic, not the Heritage Classic. There's no need whatsoever for the jerseys to resemble something from their past. Both of this years sets look just fine, vintage white and all.

ASG2.png

Last week the Sens had a full colour version of this as a splash screen for all-star voting on their site, although it was more detailed and not in a circle. Can't find it now though

Last week the Sens had a full colour version of this as a splash screen for all-star voting on their site, although it was more detailed and not in a circle. Can't find it now though

There's a bunch of these things...

NHLAll-StarGame2012_ICN1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

NHLAll-StarGame2012_ICN2a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

NHLAll-StarGame2012_ICN3a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

There's a bunch of these things...

NHLAll-StarGame2012_ICN1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

NHLAll-StarGame2012_ICN2a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

NHLAll-StarGame2012_ICN3a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

Werx, can we get a better look of the other marks for the All-Star game? The ones posted on the mothership are a bit grainy...

This is the Winter Classic, not the Heritage Classic. There's no need whatsoever for the jerseys to resemble something from their past. Both of this years sets look just fine, vintage white and all.

I never understood the need for the random throwbacks for the Winter Classic (although I was glad to see my Sabres in their original whites). Interesting that the NFL has basically started saying that teams should look more like themselves on national TV (no alts), while the NHL seemingly mandates that teams come up with some new jersey no one's seen anything like in 40 years. It's almost on OITGDNHL level.

Archived