NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I really haven't paid attention to this thread, so it may or may not have been mentioned. But a minor note. The Blues are wearing two different navy blue helmets this year.

One with yellow numbers that match the royal blue uniforms, and one with white numbers that match the navy uniforms.

That sort of things bugs me. It makes sense aesthetically, but I hate the idea of it. Just as I hate the idea of the Broncos having two pairs of white pants. With their design its necessary, but I'd have greatly preferred they design so that it's not.

As a related note, the white numbers are one of my least favorite parts of the Blues alternate uniforms. The Blues have always worn yellow numbers on blue until that uniform. Of course, that's also their first navy uniform.

I know other teams have done this with the helmets, too. The Blackhawks had a separate black helmet for their Winter Classic third, and I think the Wild use a different green helmet for their alt.

Completely agree with you on the Blues thirds, by the way. While I don't like the use of the curvy Edge-style pants with the more traditonal striping of the alternate, I think the navy jersey, on its own, is a very nice look. But I don't think it's a very nice look for the Blues. It leaves me with the same impression as the black socks on the Bruins' alt: some things just shouldn't be.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know the Blues equipment guys aren't just swapping out the number decals when they wear the alternates?

The Blue Jackets match the helmet numbers to their alternates and I'm fairly certain that it's just a sticker change as opposed to buying another set of navy blue helmets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

:shocked: whooaaa blimey that is one cool pad set!!! ohh cant wait to see it tomorrow if he is gonna play vs the NY Islanders... wow I like the pads look.. :hockeysmiley:

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Yeah those drive me nuts. Mason's alternate uniform pads are navy blue with the same light blue color as above used as an accent.

A friend of mine is the staff writer from BlueJackets.com and he claims that the manufacturers couldn't match the royal blue color, which is total bullspit. Just goes to show that the normies are dumb when it comes to color theory and color matching. Someone ordered the pads and said "yeah, he wants them to be light blue." and those are what came.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm all for the cool designs on the pads, but is there a point where it becomes too much? Too distracting? Are there any league rules about colors and designs of goalie gear?

No, and there shouldn't be.

Besides, wouldn't distracting pads be to a goalie's advantage?

Yeah those drive me nuts. Mason's alternate uniform pads are navy blue with the same light blue color as above used as an accent.

A friend of mine is the staff writer from BlueJackets.com and he claims that the manufacturers couldn't match the royal blue color, which is total bullspit. Just goes to show that the normies are dumb when it comes to color theory and color matching. Someone ordered the pads and said "yeah, he wants them to be light blue." and those are what came.

It's a somewhat unique color in professional and collegiate sports. The only other pro uses I can find are with the former Fort Wayne Wizards, the current Midland RockHounds, one of the past variants of the Peoria Rivermen, and in the logo of the Pittsburgh Steelers' throwback helmets. For colleges, I'm finding the U. of Central Missouri, Central Oregon CC, U. of Delaware, Eastern Illinois U., Elizabethtown College, the Fashion Institute of Technology (!), Hartwick College, and the U. of West Florida.

I would assume that these manufacturers carry a limited color palette, and since that particular shade of Blue isn't used much at all, they'd probably need to custom dye them. Maybe next season?

WinnipegJetsBlue_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Chris Mason originally had the powder blue, but switched to one that closer matched on his next set. But they're right in saying that shade of blue isn't made for goaltender gear.

http://www.chakalhockey.com/THS/THS-presentation.swf shows the basic colors offered. The closest to that shade is likely DC Blue, and that's not particularly similar either.

EDIT: guess the link messes up. Well it's thehockeyshop.com goalie pad customizer

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived