NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Cup-era jerseys are the best ones they've ever had. Go with what looks best.

I can't stand Calgary's black-C era...

Not as bad as their mid 90's abstract shooting-C jersyes, but the 90's were a weird time for hockey uniforms, we all understand...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cup-era jerseys are the best ones they've ever had. Go with what looks best.

I can't stand Calgary's black-C era...

Not as bad as their mid 90's abstract shooting-C jersyes, but the 90's were a weird time for hockey uniforms, we all understand...

Seconded. The black-C era was one of the worst BFBS offenses I can think of, along with the Miami Heat. How can you use black when your nickname is the Flames or Heat?!?! The Cup era unis not only looked the best, but fit their identity perfectly in terms of color.

Could you guys imagine...

2017- Minnesota v Dallas at Target Field

Wild in green North Stars uni, Stars in white.

#salavating...

Yes x 1000. I would likely buy both of these jerseys if that were the case.

Great news about Calgary potentially dropping the current set. I still maintain it was the worst of the Edge redesigns. The retro third is nice but I wouldn't want to see it used full time. Bring back the Pre-Edge jerseys, those were the best in Flames history.

Possible 2012-3 change? Flames are selling off authentic home jersey for $100.

I think the reason that these jerseys are on sale is because they constructed in the "old" edge material and have the "old" vector logo.

As a Flames fan, I like the black flaming C, and we Flamers don't much care what non-Flame fans think of it. ;)

I think the reason that these jerseys are on sale is because they constructed in the "old" edge material and have the "old" vector logo.

As a Flames fan, I like the black flaming C, and we Flamers don't much care what non-Flame fans think of it. ;)

thank you for referring to yourselves as Flamers so I didn't have to :hockeysmiley:

bufg.png

thank you for referring to yourselves as Flamers so I didn't have to :hockeysmiley:

Haha

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

If they want to continue dressing in clown suits, thats their biz I guess.

If you take out that baffling "pedestal" stripe, and make that sleeve striping straight instead of diagonal, you've got a look I'd consider to be every bit as good as the Flames' pre-Edge set, if not better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a kid I liked that they had a stripe coming off of the logo.

It still pops up in some hockey catalogs for order for rec league teams, sans Flames logo, and now I can't look at those jerseys without thinking "logo goes here". Who thought that was a good idea?

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Stanley Cup jersey with just the thinnest of black accenting would look good to me. The Flames have every right to use a little black, since most burning things tend to leave a little black stuff. It also helps break up the yellow and white.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As a card carrying member of the I Hate the Flames fan club, if I had an unlimited jersey budget, I would have bought a red pre-Edge Flames jersey. I can see why some people like their original set because they won a cup in them, but the pre-edge beats them hands down.

Archived