NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The one thing I find odd about this conversation, is that not a single person has spoken positively about the Flyers' Edge jerseys. For most teams, there were a few positive things, or a small but vocal minority claims they liked them. Not in this case.

Was anybody a fan of those?

EH I thought they were a downgrade of the jerseys they replaced

6100PHI.jpg

what? you dont mean those? thats what I think when one says flyers edge jerseys since thats what they had at first with reebok.

Had they made an orange jersey with that template instead of a black one, I think that might've stood the test of time a bit better

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I find odd about this conversation, is that not a single person has spoken positively about the Flyers' Edge jerseys. For most teams, there were a few positive things, or a small but vocal minority claims they liked them. Not in this case.

Was anybody a fan of those?

EH I thought they were a downgrade of the jerseys they replaced

6100PHI.jpg

what? you dont mean those? thats what I think when one says flyers edge jerseys since thats what they had at first with reebok.

Absolutely hideous. Those sleeves looked particularly ridiculous from the sides.

Really? Because if you make them orange and add a hem stripe, you can barely tell the difference. IMO, this is what the Flyers should be wearing (OJHL's Orangeville Flyers vs. Aurora Tigers)

zsIMG_8215.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I blame these for the revisionists who put contrasting nameplates on so many throwback concepts and actual fauxback jerseys (Buffalo).

19494.jpg

That one of the most famous and iconic hockey jerseys ever worn used a contrasting nameplate makes it seem like that was more common on sweaters of that era when it really wasn't that prevalent.

I've always wondered...what is the font called that was used for the NOB on the USA '80 hockey jerseys?

I thought it was Stahl's Pro Block

http://www.stahls.com/stahls/content/images/styles/PreCut/jpgs/StandardStyles-ProBlock-LG.jpg

StandardStyles-ProBlock-LG.jpg

1392799.jpg

Man, I love this forum. Thanks for the quick response!!

zsIMG_8215.jpg

Wow! That Flyers jersey looks so incredibly better with the darker orange and the numbers that don't overlap. Also, as someone pointed out, they could of just went with a orange version of their first edge jersey, but if not that, then this is a great alternative. All they need to do is make the sleeves fully black.

zsIMG_8215.jpg

Wow! That Flyers jersey looks so incredibly better with the darker orange and the numbers that don't overlap. Also, as someone pointed out, they could of just went with a orange version of their first edge jersey, but if not that, then this is a great alternative. All they need to do is make the sleeves fully black.

It is. All they did was add hem stripes.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Gotta say the league patch on those Flyers jersey is placed pretty ridiculously. ^^^^

Not to mention black C (left side, #4) and white A (right side, #13)

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

White nameplates on orange are actually pretty cool, because black stands out on white better than white stands out on orange, and the idea of artlessly slapping the same nameplates on home and away is to me a very Flyers touch. The inverted nameplate makes no sense whatsoever, since it has no historical precedent and makes the names harder to read, not easier.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

zsIMG_8215.jpg

No - the way the sleeve tapers up makes the solid color look like a woman's dress. It has to connect to the neck on a straight line or it looks bad. Also I don't like the way the white abruptly ends. If they transitioned it into the wrist part better it'd be OK.

The original edge jerseys were done in by the taper (creating the "little black dress" effect on the home jerseys) and that the ribbon trim was replaced by piping trim. Also, the lack of hem trim was bad too. In fact, the current jerseys really need for either the hem stripe to curve with the shirt tail, or have a black bottom stripe that blends with the pants to hide the diaper effect.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The only reason this set is even given a pass, is because it was once worn. If this current Philly set came out as a brand new design, it would be considered quite possibly the worst set in the NHL. There is nothing about this set to like except the use of orange as a main color. Admit it, all those who love it, you only love it because it was originally worn by the team, but if you take that out of it, it's horrible!

Very true.The only reason I give them a pass for the nameplate is because of its history. Had the Isles gone with one on their black monstrosities, it would've looked even worse. Soon enough a wannabe vintage team is gonna make a fauxback with a contrasting nameplate in an attempt to fit in. Just watch.

136378140.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892155F29F61288AC1CA3022360EF7A2CBF6BB6F4489EB755F2269F671AEC7664128

I was thinking more along the lines of TB, Florida, or Columbus. At least the Sabres are old-school team (but those nameplates look terrible).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The only reason this set is even given a pass, is because it was once worn. If this current Philly set came out as a brand new design, it would be considered quite possibly the worst set in the NHL. There is nothing about this set to like except the use of orange as a main color. Admit it, all those who love it, you only love it because it was originally worn by the team, but if you take that out of it, it's horrible!

Very true.The only reason I give them a pass for the nameplate is because of its history. Had the Isles gone with one on their black monstrosities, it would've looked even worse. Soon enough a wannabe vintage team is gonna make a fauxback with a contrasting nameplate in an attempt to fit in. Just watch.

136378140.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892155F29F61288AC1CA3022360EF7A2CBF6BB6F4489EB755F2269F671AEC7664128

I was thinking more along the lines of TB, Florida, or Columbus. At least the Sabres are old-school team (but those nameplates look terrible).

Yep. The yellow nameplates are the only thing holding this otherwise fantastic design back. I own an Authentic but will never get it customized for that very reason.

Archived