NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

6652887993_e873382edd.jpg

Wait. Is that vintage white VS a white jersey? And yet in the following photo the Bears are wearing red.

I'm confused.

Hershey was most likely just wearing a warm-up jersey, probably to auction off as a fundraise opportunity. A lot of AHL teams do that. Providence and Springfield immediately come to mind.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait. Is that vintage white VS a white jersey? And yet in the following photo the Bears are wearing red.

I'm confused.

Hershey was most likely just wearing a warm-up jersey, probably to auction off as a fundraise opportunity. A lot of AHL teams do that. Providence and Springfield immediately come to mind.

Portland wears one-offs all the time, not just for warm ups but for actual games.

spacer.png

I liked the Thrashers identity, but the inconsistency was something that always held it back.

Same here, I liked the logo and light blue jersey, but there were a lot of problems too. Excess amount of colours, jerseys that didn't match, terrible alternate, etc.

The Thrashers identity started out good. Hardly a masterpiece of design but passable for 2000's expansion team. Unfortunately as the years went by it got worse and worse... The first mistake was making the powder blue alternate the home without making a matching road. The second mistake was not rectifying this problem during the edge changeover and allowing RBK to completely butcher two designs that weren't bad on their own merits. Consider the change-up that happened below...

thrasherswhitebig.jpgaltedgelight.jpg

Seriously what the *expletive* is that supposed to be. If I was paid to deliberately mess up the first design I doubt I could do a better job than RBK did.

The original home white Thrashers jersey ruled. I bought one as soon as they came out. The road was dumb because it had the ugly T logo as the chest logo instead of the swirling bird. The powder blue alt was godawful because of the asymmetric sleeve. And yeah, the Edge version of it is everything that's wrong with Reebok. Template design (also used by Philly), stupid piping, no more hem stripe, yuck.

Actually, I liked the road jersey more because of the "t" bird logo. I hated that Thrashers crest/logo.

Has anybody else noticed that the jerseys get marked up much more this year? I know the material for the retail "authentics" :rolleyes: changed, but I'd swear the on ice product is different too. Every game I watch, every team seems to have heavy puck marking on their whites. I've never noticed it to the extent I have this year. Just me?

All that I can imagine is that the material changed slightly and has made rubber transfers more frequent or teams are no longer using three sets during the season.

Did you happen to get an HDTV in the offseason or did your team just get HD broadcasts by any chance?

I liked the Thrashers identity, but the inconsistency was something that always held it back.

Same here, I liked the logo and light blue jersey, but there were a lot of problems too. Excess amount of colours, jerseys that didn't match, terrible alternate, etc.

The Thrashers identity started out good. Hardly a masterpiece of design but passable for 2000's expansion team. Unfortunately as the years went by it got worse and worse... The first mistake was making the powder blue alternate the home without making a matching road. The second mistake was not rectifying this problem during the edge changeover and allowing RBK to completely butcher two designs that weren't bad on their own merits. Consider the change-up that happened below...

thrasherswhitebig.jpgaltedgelight.jpg

Seriously what the *expletive* is that supposed to be. If I was paid to deliberately mess up the first design I doubt I could do a better job than RBK did.

The original home white Thrashers jersey ruled. I bought one as soon as they came out. The road was dumb because it had the ugly T logo as the chest logo instead of the swirling bird. The powder blue alt was godawful because of the asymmetric sleeve. And yeah, the Edge version of it is everything that's wrong with Reebok. Template design (also used by Philly), stupid piping, no more hem stripe, yuck.

Actually, I liked the road jersey more because of the "t" bird logo. I hated that Thrashers crest/logo.

The pre-edge powder blue jersey was the best in Thrashers history,,, though I agree it would have looked better if the sleeves matched

No team will ever win the cup in royal blue and kelly green.

Fixed your post! :)

As we sit among the league elite while the flames toil in mediocrity with a management so inept they actually still think their a contender in spite of not winning a series since the lockout.

I'm confused.

Hershey wore the chocolate uniforms (I just checked the pic I took on my cell phone from the game). I guess they wore white during warm-ups? I was late to the game, so I'm not sure.

I'm confused.

Hershey wore the chocolate uniforms (I just checked the pic I took on my cell phone from the game). I guess they wore white during warm-ups? I was late to the game, so I'm not sure.

Is it just me, or does that vintage white look darker than what we've seen previously, and the orange lighter than what the Flyers used? It looks more like a tan than a "vintage white" to me

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm confused.

Is it just me, or does that vintage white look darker than what we've seen previously, and the orange lighter than what the Flyers used? It looks more like a tan than a "vintage white" to me

I think you're right. It's definetly darker than the vintage white Rangers WC jersey.

Joel Otto kicked the puck in, in game 7 OT vs the Canucks in '89. The only cup your franchise won, was achieved by cheating.

It actually went in off his butt...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Joel Otto kicked the puck in, in game 7 OT vs the Canucks in '89. The only cup your franchise won, was achieved by cheating.

You can't really tell what happened from that grainy video but this a design thread anyhow... The suspense on the 2012-13 changes is killing me, nobody's got a inside look at the RBK catalogue?

You can't really tell what happened from that grainy video but this a design thread anyhow...

I did not like the 1994 black jerseys that the Canucks wore [Mod redacted] as much as the late 80's home yellow jerseys [Mod redacted]

Archived