NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I really like these NYR alternates in action.

Not a fan of Vintage White (as you can see in my sig) but it really works for the Rangers alternate. Makes their primaries look bad.

The vintage white trend is what it is, but with those elegant shades of red and blue it looks fantastic. Couple that with Biron wearing the old school-ish brown pads and I think it makes for a great alt.

socmi.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring back Lady Liberty. Those alts were better.

Don't fall in love with every alt you see.

I sing this to myself literally every time you guys talk about that sweater

Saw them in Philly last June. Decent show.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I beg to differ. The Lady Liberty jersey was really good and it was exactly what alts were meant for, an alternate look. The current alt is also awesome.

But the Rangers didn't need an alt in the first place. And if they did, they certainly didn't need one that looked horrible.

The new alt is worlds better. And by new alt, I mean the 2010-11 alt, which they didn't retain for 2011-12.

f9ye1yi75vtlfddahfhl5fts0.gif

spacer.png

I beg to differ. The Lady Liberty jersey was really good and it was exactly what alts were meant for, an alternate look. The current alt is also awesome.

But the Rangers didn't need an alt in the first place. And if they did, they certainly didn't need one that looked horrible.

The new alt is worlds better. And by new alt, I mean the 2010-11 alt, which they didn't retain for 2011-12.

They didn't? Because they wore them last night...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

They didn't? Because they wore them last night...

Hmm. Up on the motherboard, it just said "2010-11" when I got that picture. If they're still using them, great.

spacer.png

I was just talking about this on Twitter, but the Rangers alternate uniforms are nice, but they're no match for the classic blues.

221276_display_image.jpg?1316082166

marian_gaborik-300x300.jpg?w=418

I just love that shade of blue. Top 3 NHL uniform IMO, with the Wings and Hawks.

This. Their current alt is an excellent look. It's just that the Lady Liberty look is better.

As I've said before, if it weren't for the fact that the Rangers already have a classic Original Six look, the blue and white versions of the Lady Liberty jerseys would look great as their full-time uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I understand that it's a lighting issue, but on my (reasonably-well) calibrated monitor, that looks black-dark yellow/gold-purple. In other words, a perfect color scheme for the Kings.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Predators had Valentine's warmup jerseys the other night.

417711_10150612380492558_6245252557_9073712_1549301506_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I understand that it's a lighting issue, but on my (reasonably-well) calibrated monitor, that looks black-dark yellow/gold-purple. In other words, a perfect color scheme for the Kings.

Then you obviously need to recalibrate your monitor, because that is clearly teal and in no way close to purple. I can somewhat see they yellow that you're seeing, but on my computer that is teal all the way.

Archived