NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I don't think I would put much stake in that. They've been offering merchandise featuring the new profile logo ever since the redesign. Although I do agree that it would be an improvement over the current forward facing logo.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but there's a rotating advertisement on the Senators page showing the updated (never used??) profile logo on a black sweatshirt. I couldn't find it in the actual NHL shop but perhaps a sign that this will be somehow implemented into next year's set. Maybe a shoulder patch

sens.png

Those look like the customizable apparel in the nhl store. You can pick between a few colors and any of their logos. Heres the link

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but there's a rotating advertisement on the Senators page showing the updated (never used??) profile logo on a black sweatshirt. I couldn't find it in the actual NHL shop but perhaps a sign that this will be somehow implemented into next year's set. Maybe a shoulder patch

Those look like the customizable apparel in the nhl store. You can pick between a few colors and any of their logos. Heres the link

Interesting. Until spartacat pointed it out, I hadn't realized the logo had ever been actually used on Sens merchandise. Too bad, I was hoping this might be a hint of something to come next year.

zzPEfBm.png

I find the 2D senator to be a far superior logo than the 3D version. I wish they didn't make the outside completely round, and kept it shaped more like the first version of it, but the other updates were very well done. 3D logos are IMO too much like pictures, and aren't very strong marks for companies or sports teams. It's great as a mascot logo or something just for merch, but the 2D is just more powerful as a primary crest.

Discuss.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Considering it's one if the worst in the league professional sports, I think I speak for many when I say "good."

There ya go.

Yep, like all the thrashers jerseys

True.

All Thrashers 3rd Jerseys were 35% off at last night's game. Seems like they are trying to clear stock at the team gear store. I think that pretty much proves the new 3rd jersey they'll be in Quebec City next year.

We can only hope.

And hopefully opening night will be versus the Winnipeg Jets. :flagcanada:

Considering it's one of the worst in the league professional sports, Ever I think I speak for many when I say "good."

There ya go.

THERE ya go.

Haha! I stand corrected! :hockeysmiley:

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Guess this could realte to 2011-2012 uniform news...but Winnipeg Sun is reporting that if Winnipeg gets a new team, it will not be called the Jets, and actually will be the Manitoba "TBA"

I have it under good authority, that a name, jersey scheme, and logo have already been designed and are ready to go for when the team makes our city its home.

The bad news for some fans ? it will not be the Jets. From what I do know, the team will go under the moniker of the Manitoba (TBA).

http://www.winnipegsun.com/life/columnists/dave_wheeler/2011/03/12/17596211.html

Not sure I really like the idea. Also, this is just one reporter claiming he has info. Who knows how true it is. For all we know it could be a Manitoba Moose third jersey someone has seen and mistook it for a new jersey for the yet to be named team.

70389454.png

Guess this could realte to 2011-2012 uniform news...but Winnipeg Sun is reporting that if Winnipeg gets a new team, it will not be called the Jets, and actually will be the Manitoba "TBA"

I have it under good authority, that a name, jersey scheme, and logo have already been designed and are ready to go for when the team makes our city its home.

The bad news for some fans ? it will not be the Jets. From what I do know, the team will go under the moniker of the Manitoba (TBA).

http://www.winnipegsun.com/life/columnists/dave_wheeler/2011/03/12/17596211.html

Not sure I really like the idea. Also, this is just one reporter claiming he has info. Who knows how true it is. For all we know it could be a Manitoba Moose third jersey someone has seen and mistook it for a new jersey for the yet to be named team.

Personally, I hate this decision. The name "Jets" is classy, has history and plain and simple, it works. They left the NHL with a great identity and should come back as such. If it ain't broke...

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

I still want to call BS on this one. How can a team name and uniforms be put in place when we don't really have an official buyer yet. I'm assuming that would be the group who would decide such a thing, once they ACTUALLY own the team.

70389454.png

The bad news for some fans — it will not be the Jets. From what I do know, the team will go under the moniker of the Manitoba (TBA).

Personally, I hate this decision. The name "Jets" is classy, has history and plain and simple, it works. They left the NHL with a great identity and should come back as such. If it ain't broke...

You gloss over the fact that no one in Winnipeg owns the rights to the identity of the Jets.

That's owned by Phoenix and the league.

So if all the rumors line up, Glendale can't get their crap together and the league has no other option put to put them back in Winnipeg...then MAYBE they become the Jets.

However, what if part of the article is true and Winnipeg gets a team? Then you'd have to a] shell out a slew of money to the league and Phoenix for the whole identity package or b] [aka the cheaper method] you go in a different, completely new direction. What would an owner pick?

Of course, another item that gets glossed over is that the Coyotes could still be bought, and what you're basing the conversation about is one reporter's hopes that things go the way that best sells papers and encourages hope that things go their way.

I agree with you on all points. But the name Jets should only come back if it is in fact the Coyotes that return to Winnipeg. If Atlanta/Florida/Anyone else moves to Winnipeg I think they should come up with a new identity, and I actually like the move to use Manitoba instead of Winnipeg (only because they'd be only team in Manitoba).

jNTsTyQ.png

I agree with you on all points. But the name Jets should only come back if it is in fact the Coyotes that return to Winnipeg. If Atlanta/Florida/Anyone else moves to Winnipeg I think they should come up with a new identity, and I actually like the move to use Manitoba instead of Winnipeg (only because they'd be only team in Manitoba).

I meant only if the Coyotes, I must have forgotten to say that.

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

Well the next largest city in the province is Brandon at around 40k, so no :censored: they'd be the only team in the province.

Using "Manitoba" is a no brainer, since it helps market the team provincially, and brings in potential corporate money from out of town (not that there are a whole lot of corporations in Stonewall, Teulon, Portage La Prairie or Churchill).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived