NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's something I just noticed. It may not be the same =O= logo that's used on the shoulders of the primaries. Look very closely at the image below this paragraph. There seems to be something that looks like two crossed hockey sticks in the center of the =O=. It cannot be the laces. Laces are not that long. I'm quite certain those are hockey sticks.

And here's a better close-up view of the jersey...

Ottawa3rdJerseyPreview.jpg

They look like laces to me. Even have the plastic aglets(??) on the end.

zzPEfBm.png

SNEAK PEEK AT THE NEW OTTAWA SENATORS 3RD JERSEYS

0323-ott-3rdprev.jpg

Mock-up from HFBoards:

heritageguesstimate.png

If this is anything like what the Sens will unveil, then I say job well done.

Come on Ottawa you achieved perfection with your season 2 uniform. Just go back to that!!! If you really have to, put the =O= on the shoulders and the new 2D on the front. Or the 2D on the shoulders and a big O on the front. But every single uniform you have worn since 1993 - 1995 has been one downgrade after another!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

What was wrong with these bad boys?

martins-ott-alt.JPG

Somehow I missed the AHL squad wear these, although I doubt it's at all related:

B0108_0184_std.jpg

That swoosh Ottawa jersey was one of my favorites in the NHL (Coming from a leaf fan). I always thought they would have a great set if they made a white home version and a black 3rd version of it. I believe their minor league affiliate had a white one.

Agreed!

These jerseys were so fresh and unique to the League. I kept wishing for the White version as well but then Reebok happened. Interesting fact: the face of that logo was modeled after Alexandre Daigle.

What was wrong with these bad boys?

martins-ott-alt.JPG

Somehow I missed the AHL squad wear these, although I doubt it's at all related:

B0108_0184_std.jpg

That swoosh Ottawa jersey was one of my favorites in the NHL (Coming from a leaf fan). I always thought they would have a great set if they made a white home version and a black 3rd version of it. I believe their minor league affiliate had a white one.

Agreed!

These jerseys were so fresh and unique to the League. I kept wishing for the White version as well but then Reebok happened. Interesting fact: the face of that logo was modeled after Alexandre Daigle.

daigle.jpg153.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I want an early 90s Senators Daigle jersey so bad. But they so very rarely show up on eBay.

Might be because Daigle rarely showed up on game night... :P

Don't forget to stay for the buffet, folks. The brisket is especially tasty today!

I can haz sig?

Any news on the panthers proposed changes?

From Icethetics' Jersey Watch 2011

NEW HOME & ROAD JERSEYS Reebok says that Florida's piping-happy home and away sweaters are going away at the end of this season. And even a Lightning fan will admit that's a good thing. Because these are terrible and I have to see them six times a year.

Over the last season or two, there's been a noticeable shift away from the leaping panther logo to something more simplified — similar to what we're seeing in Nashville. The Cats' new third jersey is a great example of this.

More and more, Panthers marketing materials have featured either the third jersey logo or a paws up version of the leaping cat. It's hard to say for certain what changes are in store for the new sweaters, but there are no plans to change the third jersey at this point.

If the Cats really want to do it right, just look back. Under the heading of you don't know what you have until it's gone, the funny thing is they're one of those teams that got it right the first time.

And even though the red jersey (left) that we'll always associate with John Vanbiesbrouck was relegated to alternate status in 2003, it's too good to disappear forever. Bring it back.

Following the January JerseyWatch post, Miami Herald writer George Richards revealed that he's heard from players and team officials that the red is, in fact, coming back. He believes the third jerseys will remain intact as well. And that's a good thing.

Since the Panthers have a navy blue jersey that actually looks good, they should hang onto it (as a third) and bring the red back. To the Panthers I say, let the Lightning be blue and reclaim your original colors.

Of course the odd thing is that the Panthers' new marketing campaign — The Blueprint — which is their way of trying to make fans feel better about their last few lousy seasons (aka, "we're rebuilding").

And because of that, their whole website is currently bathed in blue. Mixed messages.

Hopefully the hot Florida summer — which I no longer have to contend with (yay!) — will yield some answers. Until then, like Richards, all we have is speculation. And hope.

I noticed this a while ago. The topic icons on the Panthers' message boards are the third jersey Panther head logo, except he's yellow.

f_unread.pngejsvf6ira3ggsff4mjrxh4ree.gif

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Any news on the panthers proposed changes?

From Icethetics' Jersey Watch 2011

NEW HOME & ROAD JERSEYS Reebok says that Florida's piping-happy home and away sweaters are going away at the end of this season. And even a Lightning fan will admit that's a good thing. Because these are terrible and I have to see them six times a year.

Over the last season or two, there's been a noticeable shift away from the leaping panther logo to something more simplified ? similar to what we're seeing in Nashville. The Cats' new third jersey is a great example of this.

More and more, Panthers marketing materials have featured either the third jersey logo or a paws up version of the leaping cat. It's hard to say for certain what changes are in store for the new sweaters, but there are no plans to change the third jersey at this point.

If the Cats really want to do it right, just look back. Under the heading of you don't know what you have until it's gone, the funny thing is they're one of those teams that got it right the first time.

And even though the red jersey (left) that we'll always associate with John Vanbiesbrouck was relegated to alternate status in 2003, it's too good to disappear forever. Bring it back.

Following the January JerseyWatch post, Miami Herald writer George Richards revealed that he's heard from players and team officials that the red is, in fact, coming back. He believes the third jerseys will remain intact as well. And that's a good thing.

Since the Panthers have a navy blue jersey that actually looks good, they should hang onto it (as a third) and bring the red back. To the Panthers I say, let the Lightning be blue and reclaim your original colors.

Of course the odd thing is that the Panthers' new marketing campaign ? The Blueprint ? which is their way of trying to make fans feel better about their last few lousy seasons (aka, "we're rebuilding").

And because of that, their whole website is currently bathed in blue. Mixed messages.

Hopefully the hot Florida summer ? which I no longer have to contend with (yay!) ? will yield some answers. Until then, like Richards, all we have is speculation. And hope.

I noticed this a while ago. The topic icons on the Panthers' message boards are the third jersey Panther head logo, except he's yellow.

f_unread.pngejsvf6ira3ggsff4mjrxh4ree.gif

Interesting, perhaps red is coming back after all. I certainly hope so. The Panthers Inaugural red jersey was the best in franchise history. Every tweak since then has been a downgrade.

Does anyone know if the Oilers are ditching the midnight blue thirds next year?

God I hope so, Those half striped pajama monstrosities have been around way too long.

Does anyone know if the Oilers are ditching the midnight blue thirds next year?

Rumour is they're getting a new white sweater based on the vintage home design. I would imagine they'll keep the dark blue alternates though.

• 3 weeks later...

The comments on the Thrashers article are awesome.

can we also finally scrap the blueland campaign?
The color was great could have been nice if not designed by a third grader…much like the “baby blues” they wear now. I LOVE the original Navy sweaters!! Should have never gotten rid of them.
I think a new jersey needs to be made that takes the look and feel back to our original jersey with the original logo. That was the best design!
My favorite jersey is still the original dark blue jerseys worn in the first couple of seasons. Bring that one back!!
Blueland never made sense anyways. Can we lose it too?
we need to get jerseys that match. the red jerseys had nothing to do with the blue ones. bring back the original maroon ones!

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah those things were atrocious. I want something completely new. kinda glad that they arent rushing into new jerseys right away and will have a year without them. Still wish that we at least knew what the new design was... however im not expecting much, i mean it is the Atlanta 'Spirit' (gag) after all....

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Archived