NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Does anyone know if the Oilers are ditching the midnight blue thirds next year?

Rumour is they're getting a new white sweater based on the vintage home design. I would imagine they'll keep the dark blue alternates though.

This, unfortunately.

I'm so glad the whites are gone but the navys should have been dumped with them.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I wasn't a fan of the jersey and I won't miss them, I don't think they were as bad as some would make you believe. I really thought the maroon color was unique. In an NHL where it seems everyone is black, red, or blue, it was nice to get some different colors going.

I would have liked them better if the giant thrasher head was on the front rather than the wordmark and numbers.

I still love their blue home jersey though. I think that's a nice shade of blue. I just wish they would make the sleeves match and fix the collar so it doesn't look like some patchwork jersey. They should remove the "Atlanta" wordmark from the left sleeve and have it match the right one. Then they can have that cool "T" thrasher secondary logo on both shoulders.

The Catch of the Day!

While I wasn't a fan of the jersey and I won't miss them, I don't think they were as bad as some would make you believe. I really thought the maroon color was unique. In an NHL where it seems everyone is black, red, or blue, it was nice to get some different colors going.

I would have liked them better if the giant thrasher head was on the front rather than the wordmark and numbers.

I still love their blue home jersey though. I think that's a nice shade of blue. I just wish they would make the sleeves match and fix the collar so it doesn't look like some patchwork jersey. They should remove the "Atlanta" wordmark from the left sleeve and have it match the right one. Then they can have that cool "T" thrasher secondary logo on both shoulders.

i actually like the atlanta wordmark sleeve. it adds a sense of identity that doesnt cause it to be the center of attention and also is unique.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

i actually like the atlanta wordmark sleeve. it adds a sense of identity that doesnt cause it to be the center of attention and also is unique.

The original Blue jersey with sleeve wordmark was spectacular (Goalie in your avatar is wearing it). Unfortunatly the design really toke a hit when transitioned it over to the edge template. Those Verticle stripes muddle the design considerably and the shade of blue doesn't have the same lustre as it did with the two layer fabric. If the Thrashers have to keep any of their jerseys though, it would be the blue home. Just bring back the hem stripes.

I just want the Thrashers to pick an identity & stick with it. If they're gonna go full-on blueland, then put some of the powder blue into the away jersey & at least try to make it resemble the home jersey in ways other than the crest, letters, & numbers. If they're gonna go back to the original style, then drop the powder blue completely & emphasize navy & maroon. Just get an identity because right now, the home jersey (like Morgo said) looks a mess with the vertical striping, & away jersey is boring template stuff.

I just want the Thrashers to pick an identity & stick with it. If they're gonna go full-on blueland, then put some of the powder blue into the away jersey & at least try to make it resemble the home jersey in ways other than the crest, letters, & numbers. If they're gonna go back to the original style, then drop the powder blue completely & emphasize navy & maroon. Just get an identity because right now, the home jersey (like Morgo said) looks a mess with the vertical striping, & away jersey is boring template stuff.

well see i have a theory on this. I have a feeling that the owners and designers just got lazy when they came out with the blue. The white we have is actually the RBK variant of the original whites we had to go with the 't-bird' logo jerseys. When the franchise was bought by our current....AHEM... 'owners' <_< , they came out with the blue Alternate the next year or so. The year following that the blue was chosen as the home and t-bird went away. The white was never changed and my guess is because it was due to the fact that the striping matched. If you notice on the current whites, the neck striping still exists from the old pre-rbk sweater. But overall yes, i would like a new road jersey that has blue in it and not just a tiny bit of navy.

Braves.jpg

you might wanna add a change for Phoenix.

Phoenix Red and Black to Winnipeg Red and Blue

Unfortunately, it's more like Winnipeg Teal and Orange.

Yeah, odds are the Manitoba Moose are gonna be "promoted" from the Minors if (or when) the Coyotes return to Canada.

well see i have a theory on this. I have a feeling that the owners and designers just got lazy when they came out with the blue. The white we have is actually the RBK variant of the original whites we had to go with the 't-bird' logo jerseys. When the franchise was bought by our current....AHEM... 'owners' <_< , they came out with the blue Alternate the next year or so. The year following that the blue was chosen as the home and t-bird went away. The white was never changed and my guess is because it was due to the fact that the striping matched. If you notice on the current whites, the neck striping still exists from the old pre-rbk sweater. But overall yes, i would like a new road jersey that has blue in it and not just a tiny bit of navy.

And that's another point: At least with the old jerseys, the striping that I put in bold in your quote was all over all 3 Thrashers uniforms pre-Edge. Now post-Edge, it's been relegated to neck striping on the away jersey. Hell, not even the terrible 3rd had it. I would say that the Thrashers would need to find some way to bring that back, but I have no faith in Reebok or the powers that be w/ the Thrashers in them integrating that look in a tasteful manner. Either way, the Thrashers identity needs some help.

And that's another point: At least with the old jerseys, the striping that I put in bold in your quote was all over all 3 Thrashers uniforms pre-Edge. Now post-Edge, it's been relegated to neck striping on the away jersey. Hell, not even the terrible 3rd had it. I would say that the Thrashers would need to find some way to bring that back, but I have no faith in Reebok or the powers that be w/ the Thrashers in them integrating that look in a tasteful manner. Either way, the Thrashers identity needs some help.

Definitely. Thats why i refuse to buy an RBK Edge thrash jersey unless its an absolute steal.

Braves.jpg

you might wanna add a change for Phoenix.

Phoenix Red and Black to Winnipeg Red and Blue

Unfortunately, it's more like Winnipeg Teal and Orange.

'Splain how green and gold = teal and orange, pls.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Honestly, if people ask to bring back the jets... It may happen, there's just too much history with that name, but don't get me wrong though, when it comes to the AHL, the Moose have one of the sharpest look out there.

baltimoreravens.png

If I remember correctly the shade of maroon the Thrashers used on their alternate sweaters is the same shade of "brick red" the Coyotes use.

Honestly, if people ask to bring back the jets... It may happen, there's just too much history with that name, but don't get me wrong though, when it comes to the AHL, the Moose have one of the sharpest look out there.

If the Coyotes come back home it is completely rediculous to not bring the franchise full circle and bring back the Jets name. Be it Manitoba Jets or Winnipeg Jets. I prefer Winnipeg I'm not a big fan of teams being named for the State/Province or region. The Jets may not have been successful in the NHL but the name has been a part of Winnipeg since 1972 and they were the most sucessfull WHA team. The Winnipeg Jets were the Montreal Canadiens of the WHA.

If Winnipeg doesn't get the Coyotes and get the Thrashers later on, sure, fine promote the Moose name.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Am I alone in thinking that ATL's away is the blandest jersey in the league? All the colors and the bird turn into this muddy blob when filmed. I'm not saying it doesn't have an appeal up close. But televised...is there an uglier jersey in the sport? Not to me. The lack of the unique hemline / arrows (whatever they are)hurts from the start. But the jersey just becomes a drab mess when filmed. How did no one note this when testing these out???

If the Coyotes come back home it is completely rediculous to not bring the franchise full circle and bring back the Jets name. Be it Manitoba Jets or Winnipeg Jets. I prefer Winnipeg I'm not a big fan of teams being named for the State/Province or region. The Jets may not have been successful in the NHL but the name has been a part of Winnipeg since 1972 and they were the most sucessfull WHA team. The Winnipeg Jets were the Montreal Canadiens of the WHA.

If Winnipeg doesn't get the Coyotes and get the Thrashers later on, sure, fine promote the Moose name.

Hey, the NHL does crazy things, so it doesn't HAVE to be the Jets. As much as people would like it to be, it could very well be any other name in the known universe. There's no "must" in this situation, because you could argue the opposite side...the renaming the Jets would remind everyone of what happened. it could be a hindrance if the goal is to prosper and move forward.

So, let's all stop saying "they must be" anything, if (and again, IF) Coyotes move back to Winnipeg then they can do whatever they want to do, not having to bow down to expectations.

Especially given, Atlanta could easily be in Winnipeg, then what would you do? Beg and plead for the Jets identity when it'd just be a hallow shell?

Archived