uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I'd like to see the Leafs bring this set back full-time:

095.jpg

And then for the alternate, a modernized version of the blue sweater here:

MapleLeafs01.png

I'm with you there, I've always been partial to the late 90's set for the Leafs. I think it's for nostalgia reasons really (good 'ol childhood era for me :)), but I also loved that number font. I like what they have now, me being a classic kind of guy, but if I had a choice I'd take these.

Although, I don't remember it being that dark of a jersey. Is it just me or is the lighting off? Either way, it's still my favorite Leafs look.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

095.jpg

They're pretty much wearing this now. Only without the "trying to hard" name and number font. Really, when you're a team with roots going back to the NHL's first season, have the second most Cups of any team in history, and are located in one of the most rabid hockey markets in the world, custom number and name fonts are below you.

Tried to make the Black Islanders concept a bit better... Nothing doing, A Black Islanders jersey is simply going to look bad no matter how its executed

newyorkblackthird.png

I'd rather see the Fisherman return. As I said in unpopular opinions, I thought the Fisherman would make a great alternate, although the pure hatred of it would likely prevent that. I can dream I suppose...

i am severely dissapointed colorado isn't on that list. i think it is pretty much universally true that everyone hates what they are using now.

I guess management is happy to have the team looking like a complete mess night in and night out. Another dissapointing omission from this list is the Calgary Flames. After Edmonton's half stripe atrocities, the Flames easily had the worst transition from 6100 to Edge. Come to think of it the whole Northwest Division is a trainwreck aside from the Canucks

I'd like to see the Oilers would do away with their retro Denver Broncos eyesore. Yeah, maybe those were cool in the 70s and 80s, but give it a rest. Are they trying to relive their glory days? Had me fooled. Navy and copper is such a great, unique look. I don't know why they're trying to distance themselves from that. I wish they'd go back to navy/copper full-time, but they probably wont. But then again, I wish they'd bo back to winning too. Screw it.

6uXNWAo.png

Just a random thought I had today about the Oilers. Does anyone else think that perhaps the Oilers are going back to the original orange and blue because their owner owns the Rexall Pharmaceutical Company? The colours of Rexall are roughly the same colours as the Oilers old colours. Just a bit of a conspiracy theory I guess.

Logos for comparison:

rexall_logo.jpg

Rolosonw9s.jpg

Just a random thought I had today about the Oilers. Does anyone else think that perhaps the Oilers are going back to the original orange and blue because their owner owns the Rexall Pharmaceutical Company? The colours of Rexall are roughly the same colours as the Oilers old colours. Just a bit of a conspiracy theory I guess.

Honestly, I don't think that's it. There's still a huge soft spot for any of the retro gear here, especially after the uninspired Edge redesign. It may be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction that's going too far back, but the blue-and-orange always has sold and always will sell.

I'd like to see the Oilers would do away with their retro Denver Broncos eyesore. Yeah, maybe those were cool in the 70s and 80s, but give it a rest. Are they trying to relive their glory days? Had me fooled. Navy and copper is such a great, unique look. I don't know why they're trying to distance themselves from that. I wish they'd go back to navy/copper full-time, but they probably wont. But then again, I wish they'd bo back to winning too. Screw it.

I partially disagree. While navy and copper aren't necessarily ugly together, they do not pop as well as royal blue and orange. Vivid colors are what's "in" today. Maybe the Oilers could go back to a darker scheme in the future, but I'm hoping for them to live out a complete retro look a while longer.

Their road whites look absurd and are just plain terrible, but how many times has that been said before?

i am severely dissapointed colorado isn't on that list. i think it is pretty much universally true that everyone hates what they are using now.

I guess management is happy to have the team looking like a complete mess night in and night out. Another dissapointing omission from this list is the Calgary Flames. After Edmonton's half stripe atrocities, the Flames easily had the worst transition from 6100 to Edge. Come to think of it the whole Northwest Division is a trainwreck aside from the Canucks

St. Louis is up there as well. The pre-EDGE 6100 look was a modern classic. The EDGE stuff? Not so much.

St. Louis is up there as well. The pre-EDGE 6100 look was a modern classic. The EDGE stuff? Not so much.

Yeah these were far superior to what the Blues currently wear but not perfect. I've never understood why the order of colours on hem and sleeve stripes are different to the order on the shoulder yolk of the white jersey. It'd look better with Royal Blue was the dominant colour and navy relegated secondary.

blues24.png

By morgouxbridge at 2011-01-17

No way, man. While the current front and shoulder logos are an upgrade, The color layout needs an overhaul. To be honest, Reebok doesn't care squat about good looking unis, and the front numbers need to be dumped. The font for the numbers is fine though. The Sens/Pens template does not work at all. The Lightning need a uni based on their original sock stripes, with the sleeve stripes high enough so they don't get tucked into the gloves.Current thirds: REDESIGN is needed.

lecavalier-st.louis-prospal.jpg

are better than

33-96677-F.jpg

By a lot.

One thing I would lke to see is a return to the name and number font that was used during the inaugural seson for the Bolts.

My guesses/opinions:

NY Islanders - Probably orange 3rd, and if done right could be cool.

I know some people who work for the Islanders and they told me, (and I hope to God that this is not true) that the Islanders 3d jersey will not be orange but will be black. Yes another case of BFBS. When they told me this all I could do was facepalm and say "I really, really hope this isn't the case."

I apologize for being late to the party here (just saw this), but....

funny-gifs-wtf.gif

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I partially disagree. While navy and copper aren't necessarily ugly together, they do not pop as well as royal blue and orange. Vivid colors are what's "in" today. Maybe the Oilers could go back to a darker scheme in the future, but I'm hoping for them to live out a complete retro look a while longer.

Their road whites look absurd and are just plain terrible, but how many times has that been said before?

i really like the set that came out in 97 with the copper and navy! unfortunately people like to relive the glory days and want to see the orange and royal blue make a comeback so we will have to see those for a few more seasons until the new owners can come up with some design thats a bit more inspired then throwbacks

You must be kidding. The original name font was too hard to read. What they have now is better

No way, man. While the current front and shoulder logos are an upgrade, The color layout needs an overhaul. To be honest, Reebok doesn't care squat about good looking unis, and the front numbers need to be dumped. The font for the numbers is fine though. The Sens/Pens template does not work at all. The Lightning need a uni based on their original sock stripes, with the sleeve stripes high enough so they don't get tucked into the gloves.Current thirds: REDESIGN is needed.

lecavalier-st.louis-prospal.jpg

are better than

33-96677-F.jpg

By a lot.

One thing I would lke to see is a return to the name and number font that was used during the inaugural seson for the Bolts.

095.jpg

They're pretty much wearing this now. Only without the "trying to hard" name and number font. Really, when you're a team with roots going back to the NHL's first season, have the second most Cups of any team in history, and are located in one of the most rabid hockey markets in the world, custom number and name fonts are below you.

I loved the custom name font, hated the number font...

It's good news that Dallas is likely going back to green. Be it a retro alt. or more modern (but has a good deal of green in it), it's an improvement over what they have now. Maybe keep their current black "Dallas" script as an alt. when the green returns? Who knows.

I did send them one of my Stars concepts last summer, and wonder (however slightly) if they've seriously considered something along the lines of this:

4994005495_ce5dd2c743.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived