NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I really hope Ice_Cap and those proposing that "Jobing.com arena should be destroyed" have a bad sense of humor. But they licking up that stupid idea like a dog returns to thier own vomit.

Has it ever dawned upon you that if everybody except you finds it funny, you might be the one with the bad sense of humor?

Or that your reactions to this proposal are why it has achieved memetic mutation status here?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Ice_Cap and those proposing that "Jobing.com arena should be destroyed" have a bad sense of humor. But they licking up that stupid idea like a dog returns to thier own vomit.

Has it ever dawned upon you that if everybody except you finds it funny, you might be the one with the bad sense of humor?

Or that your reactions to this proposal are why it has achieved memetic mutation status here?

Last comment on the situation:

If there hasn't been an arena turned into a parking lot before it's 10th birthday, you have no right to question my intellegence.

BTW, there's plenty of land south of University of Phoenix stadium if the facility needs more parking.

Its not a bad sense of humor at all, its reality. The Suns aren't going to move there after the Coyotes are gone. If the owner doesn't find another tenant to make money on the arena, you bet your ass he would destroy it to take in money on Cardinal game days.

Which has been explained to you time and time again. You need a remove-head-from-ass-sectomy.

Sounds like you need a a remove-head-from-ass-sectomy, because nobody in their right mind would destroy an arena that is less than 10 years old and turin it into a parking lot.

You guys aren't winning this fight.

Um, yes they will. I've seen it with other types of projects. You forget that I'm in the architecture/planning industry. I've seen perfectly good buildings less than 10 yrs old be demolished to make way for new ones because the old ones didn't make the owner money. When the Coyotes leave, the owner is going to be extremely hard pressed to find a tenant to make money in the arena. Don't think for a second the owner wouldn't consider demolishing it and charging $20-30 a car for tailgating. He lowers his costs dramatically and increases his profit. Every businessman would make that decision. The Suns aren't going to move to Glendale, and any team that might move to Phoenix would be a secondary team and therefore want to pay less to be a secondary tenant at US Airways Arena (which is much better located and right downtown) than pay more to be a primary tenant at jobing.com.

Face it, that is what is going to happen if the Coyotes move. I'm done attempting to explain this to you rationally. It is one thing to have faith in a team/owner, it is quite another to have blind faith. You are as blind as a bat who flunked echo location.

All of you either turn this thread back in the direction of it's original intent or I shut it, and it's useless as :censored: spinoff thread, down for good.

Bigmac12, I suggest you step away from your computer for a few weeks. And never post here again.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

All of you either turn this thread back in the direction of it's original intent or I shut it, and it's useless as :censored: spinoff thread, down for good.

Bigmac12, I suggest you step away from your computer for a few weeks. And never post here again.

It's good news that Dallas is going to come up with a green alt, though it should really be their permanent home. I wish they would have copied what their former farm team, the Iowa Stars, wore. Those were beautiful. They should even take the logo as an update.

IowaStars.jpg

IowaBlack.jpg

Jets not ruled out, True North says

Katz also claimed that the name of the team will not be the Jets, but True North says no decision has been made on the name.

True North communications director Scott Brown confirmed that the name-game debate is just that, a game. "He's speculating," Brown told the Free Press, referring to the mayor's comments on "the Jets" moniker.

It's quite possible that TNSE is starting to feel the heat from the fans on the name...

tigercatssignature-1.png

It's good news that Dallas is going to come up with a green alt, though it should really be their permanent home. I wish they would have copied what their former farm team, the Iowa Stars, wore. Those were beautiful. They should even take the logo as an update.

In no way is that logo an update. You're talking about a logo thats been used since 1992 (Northstars) with a Stanley Cup behind it... It should NEVER change.

In no way is that logo an update. You're talking about a logo thats been used since 1992 (Northstars) with a Stanley Cup behind it... It should NEVER change.

Teams win championships and change logos all the time? The oilers won 5 cups and changed to copper and blue. Tampa Bay won a cup and have since changed their logo twice.

Teams win championships and change logos all the time? The oilers won 5 cups and changed to copper and blue. Tampa Bay won a cup and have since changed their logo twice.

Really? Cause I think that is a pretty good update without going away from the team's history unlike say when the New York Islanders changed to the Fisherman and they won 4 Cups. Then again, they kept Mike Milbury employed way longer than they should have. The Pittsburgh Penguins won 2 cups and they changed to the Robo Pigeon for a few seasons. Change is not a bad thing when done correctly. The Oilers pre-edge jersey is miles better than their Stanley Cup era uniforms.

Also just saw on the news about a rumour of the possibility of a team in Seattle.

Katz also claimed that the name of the team will not be the Jets, but True North says no decision has been made on the name.

True North communications director Scott Brown confirmed that the name-game debate is just that, a game. "He's speculating," Brown told the Free Press, referring to the mayor's comments on "the Jets" moniker.

It's quite possible that TNSE is starting to feel the heat from the fans on the name...

This probably has more to do with the fans wanting the 'jets' name back and not really accepting anything other than 'winnipeg jets'. not sure why so many are obsessed over that name, it's not like they had much success as the jets or have a cup win or finals appearance.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Also just saw on the news about a rumour of the possibility of a team in Seattle.

The news story that will air tonight says there is a group interested but they are not prepared to be able to have a team for next season. Also, Bill Daly, expressed a lot of concern about KeyArena (as well he should) so I would consider this a very weak rumor for now. One thing the story could confirm is that Steve Ballmer is NOT a part of the group in question.

The news story that will air tonight says there is a group interested but they are not prepared to be able to have a team for next season. Also, Bill Daly, expressed a lot of concern about KeyArena (as well he should) so I would consider this a very weak rumor for now. One thing the story could confirm is that Steve Ballmer is NOT a part of the group in question.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/5/25/the-nhl-and-the-emerald-city.html

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

This probably has more to do with the fans wanting the 'jets' name back and not really accepting anything other than 'winnipeg jets'. not sure why so many are obsessed over that name, it's not like they had much success as the jets or have a cup win or finals appearance.

They sold out every game for years and years. The fans clearly love(d) their team. That alone is strong enough of a statement in favour of keeping the name Jets. Plus, the mayor of Winnipeg said it himself that he would be disapointed if they return under a new moniker.

Archived