NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I can't believe I had to skip over four pages of this thread because one poster can't bear to take his Coyotes discussion to the General thread it belongs in. It's not even close to funny anymore. And hey, how about resisting the urge to feed the troll just once? Even if he's not trolling on purpose.

Any news at all on the Florida Panthers? It was rumored to be double-blue first, then red, and then maybe double-blue again? I honestly can't remember. Anyone have any clue what the Panthers are doing? (Logo-wise, of course.)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I had to skip over four pages of this thread because one poster can't bear to take his Coyotes discussion to the General thread it belongs in. It's not even close to funny anymore. And hey, how about resisting the urge to feed the troll just once? Even if he's not trolling on purpose.

Any news at all on the Florida Panthers? It was rumored to be double-blue first, then red, and then maybe double-blue again? I honestly can't remember. Anyone have any clue what the Panthers are doing? (Logo-wise, of course.)

PLEASE bring back red for the home jersey, Florida. If I'm the Panthers, I essentially edge-ify the red jerseys they wore before reebok took over. Like, the template they use now for their navy-light blue alternate would look good with a red base, navy ends of the sleeves/hem stripe, and yellow, navy, and white stripes separating the red and navy portions. I've definitely seen something like that in the concepts forum and it looks damn good. Navy shoulder yokes with a white outline would be solid as well. Then, a corresponding white version for the road.

I have a feeling they would emphasize the new circle / decapitated cat logo in this change. They seem to be shifting away from the leaping cat logo. Fine by me, I feel that this logo is too busy and detailed, and could use an update.

At least they are getting rid of the piping disaster that is their current home/away. Some of the worst jerseys that came with the edge system, I'd say.

They sold out every game for years and years.

Um, no. We didn't. We couldn't even sell 13,000 for playoff games against the Oilers.

The fans clearly love(d) their team.

We did. We really, really did.

That alone is strong enough of a statement in favour of keeping the name Jets.

Not really. If you lose a child to illness, and you have another one, are you going to give the newborn the same name as the one that passed away?

Plus, the mayor of Winnipeg said it himself that he would be disapointed if they return under a new moniker.

The only thing that Sam Katz will be disappointed by is not getting a kickback or a free suite at the arena. The guy's a snake oil salesman. I used to work for him, indirectly, when I lived in Winnipeg.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They sold out every game for years and years.

Um, no. We didn't. We couldn't even sell 13,000 for playoff games against the Oilers.

The fans clearly love(d) their team.

We did. We really, really did.

That alone is strong enough of a statement in favour of keeping the name Jets.

Not really. If you lose a child to illness, and you have another one, are you going to give the newborn the same name as the one that passed away?

Plus, the mayor of Winnipeg said it himself that he would be disapointed if they return under a new moniker.

The only thing that Sam Katz will be disappointed by is not getting a kickback or a free suite at the arena. The guy's a snake oil salesman. I used to work for him, indirectly, when I lived in Winnipeg.

This. I mean come on, I (as well as plenty of other people) LOVE my team and live/die with and for MY team. I am a devoted fan for them on and off the ice and i just love the sport of hockey in general too. If my team moves, i will be heart broken, and frankly to say that ANY fan of ANY sports team out there doesnt love their team simply because of where they live is stupid.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I'm not really certain what you're referring to in my post.

/on topic: I hope they have a good identity ready to go. I'm pretty certain that most people want Jets to come back purely because they don't want to buy new shirts.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

PLEASE bring back red for the home jersey, Florida. If I'm the Panthers, I essentially edge-ify the red jerseys they wore before reebok took over. Like, the template they use now for their navy-light blue alternate would look good with a red base, navy ends of the sleeves/hem stripe, and yellow, navy, and white stripes separating the red and navy portions. I've definitely seen something like that in the concepts forum and it looks damn good. Navy shoulder yokes with a white outline would be solid as well. Then, a corresponding white version for the road.

I have a feeling they would emphasize the new circle / decapitated cat logo in this change. They seem to be shifting away from the leaping cat logo. Fine by me, I feel that this logo is too busy and detailed, and could use an update.

At least they are getting rid of the piping disaster that is their current home/away. Some of the worst jerseys that came with the edge system, I'd say.

HERE is the concept that is exactly what I'm talking about, credit to TalktoChuck. If you ask me, these are almost exactly the jerseys the Panthers should be wearing (I'd love to see some sort of modernized logo package to go along with it).

I hope they have a good identity ready to go. I'm pretty certain that most people want Jets to come back purely because they don't want to buy new shirts.

Very few times does the NHL have the oppurtunity to revive a team that I grew up watching. That's why I personally want them to be the Jets. Now I'm not trying to continue a debate that will never end. Everybody has their opinion, I just wanted to explain my position.

I recently purchased a Jets jersey and I REALLY want to have an excuse to wear it as I have not had one yet.

I have a Khabibulin jets jersey with the "Cherished Memories" patch. I wear it all the time! Not so much in support of Winnipeg, but because I've always loved Khabby.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't like the new direction of the Kings? It's not that I dislike the idea of black and silver, but I hate that 3rd (soon to be home) jersey. I know that most didn't, but I love the purple/black, and especially the crown. I also loved the sparkle-silver letters/numbers.

People who say that the Moose logo is minor-league at best and has no place in the NHL needs to take a better look at the Kings' pencil-point logo and rethink their stance.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/rolling-newsletter---whats-up-with-alter.html

Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News says the Stars alternates are probably on hold for another year due to the ownership uncertainty. I like that he's still talking about concepts being thrown around that are primarily green with North Stars ties, though. Hopefully the eventual new owner goes back to that full time.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/rolling-newsletter---whats-up-with-alter.html

Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News says the Stars alternates are probably on hold for another year due to the ownership uncertainty. I like that he's still talking about concepts being thrown around that are primarily green with North Stars ties, though. Hopefully the eventual new owner goes back to that full time.

:cursing::cursing::cursing: ....if we wait another year!

I remember that the Jets had more than just CD related issues, wasn't attendance a big one? I wan't nothing more than hockey to go from the sunshine back to Canada but weren't things a little less rosy than some a remembering?

The Jets were a perpetual loser, playing under shaky ownership in an over-40-year-old arena which was originally built to house 10,000, during an era when the Canadian dollar was valued at 65¢ U.S. and there was no salary cap and, therefore, no cost certainty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You know, maybe Winnipeg Arrows would be a safe compromise.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jets not ruled out, True North says

Katz also claimed that the name of the team will not be the Jets, but True North says no decision has been made on the name.

True North communications director Scott Brown confirmed that the name-game debate is just that, a game. "He's speculating," Brown told the Free Press, referring to the mayor's comments on "the Jets" moniker.

It's quite possible that TNSE is starting to feel the heat from the fans on the name...

This probably has more to do with the fans wanting the 'jets' name back and not really accepting anything other than 'winnipeg jets'. not sure why so many are obsessed over that name, it's not like they had much success as the jets or have a cup win or finals appearance.

I think it's lack of success that makes fans more passionate. If they make a clean start and the Manatoba Falcons win the Stanley Cup in a few years, not a big deal. But if the Winnipeg Jets win the Stanley Cup it will be all the sweeter because of the years of struggle.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I hope they have a good identity ready to go. I'm pretty certain that most people want Jets to come back purely because they don't want to buy new shirts.

Very few times does the NHL have the oppurtunity to revive a team that I grew up watching. That's why I personally want them to be the Jets. Now I'm not trying to continue a debate that will never end. Everybody has their opinion, I just wanted to explain my position.

I kind of want the Jets too, but I also think it'd be cool to tell my (yet to be conceived) kids that "I remember watching the old Winnipeg Jets" (not that they'd care). Unless it happens real fast (Cleveland for example), I think they should let the old names go (though it could be argued that 15 years is real fast.)

People who say that the Moose logo is minor-league at best and has no place in the NHL needs to take a better look at the Kings' pencil-point logo and rethink their stance.

Not sure what one has to do with the other. That's kind of like saying that anyone who thinks that being punched in the face hurts should get kicked in the nuts and rethink their stance. Well having fallen victim to both in my day, I can tell you this - they both hurt. Real goddam bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If the Kings logo can exist in the NHL, and really it takes less grief here than it should, then the beautiful work of art that is the Moose logo will fit right in.

I think if you moved the moose logo up then casual fans will say, "wow, that's a really cool logo". They're not gonna gripe about it's over-detail, or how the wordmark has a leaf in it. That's what we do, but we're weird. I can already imagine it's popularity outside of Winnipeg simply for being a team called the "Moose".

I'll be okay if they go back to the Jets moniker because the Jets left just as I was getting into hockey and I hardly knew them. I'll also be okay with the moose because I think it's a fine identity and is very unique in major professional sports. Plus, it's got ties to the boards.

Any other name, and I'll be bummed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived