NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I recently purchased a Jets jersey and I REALLY want to have an excuse to wear it as I have not had one yet.

Who says you need an excuse, there were two different dudes wearing Jets jerseys (one white, one blue, not sitting with each other) at Game 7 of the Penguins/Red Wings finals.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they used to have a really plain Jane wordmark that was just a blue Winnipeg Jets in Helvetica, no outlines, no nothing. I did a quick search, found nothing, but anyone here could easily replicated by anyone here with MSWord.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Personally, I'm torn on the Jets/Moose subject.

On one hand, I want Jets because I like continuity (or is consistency a better word?) when it comes ti these cases, like the Browns for example, or if Seattle ever got an NBA team again, I'd want them to be the Sonics. That sort of thing.

Whereas on the other hand, the Manitoba Moose honestly have one of my favorite identities in all of sports. The colors are perfect, the logo is awesome, and it really is a great name. Everything about that identity is fantastic. If it were to be promoted to the NHL, it'd be one of the best in the league.

So, I'm obviously hoping for one or the other - any other name would be really dissapointing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Personally, I'm torn on the Jets/Moose subject.

On one hand, I want Jets because I like continuity (or is consistency a better word?) when it comes ti these cases, like the Browns for example, or if Seattle ever got an NBA team again, I'd want them to be the Sonics. That sort of thing.

Whereas on the other hand, the Manitoba Moose honestly have one of my favorite identities in all of sports. The colors are perfect, the logo is awesome, and it really is a great name. Everything about that identity is fantastic. If it were to be promoted to the NHL, it'd be one of the best in the league.

So, I'm obviously hoping for one or the other - any other name would be really dissapointing.

I feel the same way. I love the Jets for the nostolgia factor, but the Moose has really grown on me. Great logo, awesome colours - it's really NHL material.

I'd be happy either way, and it really is a tough decision to make. If it was up to me, I'd pick the Moose, but I would never have the heart (or guts) to go in front of thousands of fans wearing Winnipeg Jets jerseys and tell them we're not going with the name most of them want...

The Washington Senators were replaced with the Washington Senators, who played against the former Washington Senators who are now the Minnesota Twins. People cared about this stuff a lot less before Wikipedia.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No way would the new Winnipeg team even be considered "Canada's team".

Agreed. It is clear that the Calgary Flames are Canada's team. ;)

Because they have the flag on their shoulder!!! :P

No because Paul Martin said so :P

I'm totally aware he is an idiot. Also none of Canada's franchises are "Canada's Team".

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm totally aware he is an idiot. Also none of Canada's franchises are "Canada's Team".

You damn Westerns at it again, making your jokes about Toronto not being in Canada.... :P

untitled-6.jpg

You damn Westerns at it again, making your jokes about Toronto not being in Canada.... :P

Yeah, I mean CBC always airs the Leafs nationally every week at 7, so everybody in Canada's gotta love them, right? :upside:

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Would be nice for CBC to start airing more Winnipeg and maybe Quebec NHL games in a few years.. am getting tired of seeing the Leafs almost all the time, so give me a break on that one... if the Winnipeg team get the go, I bet CBC will make sure to air some Winnipeg games on CBC for this coming season and maybe later on when Quebec City returns then we have a balanced tv schedule for sure (but can only hope for the best!!!)

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Would be nice for CBC to start airing more Winnipeg and maybe Quebec NHL games in a few years.. am getting tired of seeing the Leafs almost all the time, so give me a break on that one... if the Winnipeg team get the go, I bet CBC will make sure to air some Winnipeg games on CBC for this coming season and maybe later on when Quebec City returns then we have a balanced tv schedule for sure (but can only hope for the best!!!)

IIRC from my days living in New Hampshire as a little kid watching Hockey Night in Canada, I remember they used to have staggered starts and it was basically regionalized. I think Quebec and the Maritime Provinces got mainly the Habs and Nordiques (the Canadiens were also on SRC), Manitoba had the Jets at 8 PM EST, Eastern Ontario the Senators, and nationally it was either the Leafs or Habs depending on the matchup plus the 10 o'clock Canucks/Flames/Oilers game. There might be something like that once the Thrashers move to Manitoba's finalized

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The Toronto Maple Leafs maybe loved by a good percentage of the nation, but I promise you more people hate the Leafs than love them. I am sorry but if you really love your home town team, you should hate 29 other teams.

IIRC from my days living in New Hampshire as a little kid watching Hockey Night in Canada, I remember they used to have staggered starts and it was basically regionalized. I think Quebec and the Maritime Provinces got mainly the Habs and Nordiques (the Canadiens were also on SRC), Manitoba had the Jets at 8 PM EST, Eastern Ontario the Senators, and nationally it was either the Leafs or Habs depending on the matchup plus the 10 o'clock Canucks/Flames/Oilers game. There might be something like that once the Thrashers move to Manitoba's finalized

OH yeah I remember some years ago CBC used to do that but I am sure once CBC has the Winnipeg games on it might be for 7 pm est only unless there could be an afternoon game or so... and if Winnipeg is playing some of the Western Conference teams out west it would be the standard 10 pm est slot... so it would be something to see.... I am trying to wrap my mind around the fact that after maybe 17 years I will finally see the name Winnipeg ----- and logo shown on CBC and then enjoy watching and hooting it up.. I still have my old Winnipeg Jets jersey and would love to proudly wear it for sure.. I seem to remember on the french version of CBC (SRC) that I did see some Montreal and some Quebec games shown (loved to see the Nords shown on SRC sometimes so I can catch them in action...)

The Toronto Maple Leafs maybe loved by a good percentage of the nation, but I promise you more people hate the Leafs than love them. I am sorry but if you really love your home town team, you should hate 29 other teams.

True but gotta have some balanced thing so we dont see too many of the Leafs so often and it would be nice to manage how that is the case...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived