NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Thrashers won't exist anymore, and the Oilers and Panthers (hopefully) ditching the vertical stripes, what team will now have the worst jerseys?

Calgary and St-Louis (minus their navy alt jersey)

Hmm, I wonder if they made the cat face red just for the add. Otherwise, looks like they NBA'd it and did a recolor.

I don't think they would. Here's what a real Florida Panther looks like.

panther.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hmm, I wonder if they made the cat face red just for the add. Otherwise, looks like they NBA'd it and did a recolor.

panther.jpg

Why so glum?

I did a Google image search, and seriously COULD NOT find a picture with any other expression.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

panther.jpg

Why so glum?

Near extinction. In more ways then one.

The Thrashers won't exist anymore, and the Oilers and Panthers (hopefully) ditching the vertical stripes, what team will now have the worst jerseys?

Pretty much. Those two teams are in piping hell.

Don't forget the Avs

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Colorado+Avalanche+QxVs1LzH_Usl.jpg

Don't forget the Avs

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Colorado+Avalanche+QxVs1LzH_Usl.jpg

Was just about to post the same thing. Avs have always been one of my favorite teams (Sakic was my favorite player growing up) and I loved their alternate before the edge system. I hate the piping on the current jerseys.

x0y5nq.png

The banner with the red Panther face is just for that marketing campaign I'm sure. The actual logo is gonna stay the same color if this in any indication:

screenshot20110606at806.png

They changed this today along with everything else on their website. They changed the foundation logo last season to blue and this same basic shape and it had the new Panther head from the circular logo. Now it's red and has the classic leaping Panther. One could infer from this that they are ditching the 3rd sweaters and circular logo entirely.

My bet is that they go red home and navy away, with no 3rd sweater, or have a white 3rd, just like the old days. It's been a long time since I've had anything to be this excited about involving the Cats.

The banner with the red Panther face is just for that marketing campaign I'm sure. The actual logo is gonna stay the same color if this in any indication:

They changed this today along with everything else on their website. They changed the foundation logo last season to blue and this same basic shape and it had the new Panther head from the circular logo. Now it's red and has the classic leaping Panther. One could infer from this that they are ditching the 3rd sweaters and circular logo entirely.

My bet is that they go red home and navy away, with no 3rd sweater, or have a white 3rd, just like the old days. It's been a long time since I've had anything to be this excited about involving the Cats.

The old days was white home, red away, and no navy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

They had a navy sweater from 1998-2003, it was the original alternate(had a lapse and forgot it was an alternate):

hueanps0b9mp4f20zbxmg74u4.gif

I liked it a lot, and it made use of the leaping cat breaking the stick.

The hell? That's the worst of the three.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They had a navy sweater from 1998-2003, it was the original alternate(had a lapse and forgot it was an alternate):

I liked it a lot, and it made use of the leaping cat breaking the stick.

Ohhhh! I thought you were talking about the old days!

Panthers02.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hate this jersey... All they did was take the white jersey and use the fill tool to make it navy. So uninspired and didn't hold a candle to the original Red one. God knows why it was made the primary in the first place

Archived