NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Quebec City has wealthy prospective ownership, a dedicated base, and they're working on an arena. 2.5/3. Kansas City has no interested owners that we know of, questionable support for the game, but they do have the arena.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quebec City has wealthy prospective ownership, a dedicated base, and they're working on an arena. 2.5/3. Kansas City has no interested owners that we know of, questionable support for the game, but they do have the arena.

McCarthy pointed out on Twitter that this year's Stanley Cup Finals have drawn an 0.8 rating in the Kansas City market. Hockey hotbed, that one. People must be too transfixed by Royals baseball to watch anything else.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

McCarthy pointed out on Twitter that this year's Stanley Cup Finals have drawn an 0.8 rating in the Kansas City market. Hockey hotbed, that one. People must be too transfixed by Royals baseball to watch anything else.

Well they do have Zach Grienk....oh wait.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The picture is of my jersey, it's a replica (with sewn patches).

I still notice that your sewn patches are not in proportion to the real thing. Stick is too thin, green outline should be same thickness as the white outline, not the same height etc.

p3230904.jpg

psd_1247799451.png

So it's essentially their navy jersey, with navy and red swapped? Kind of dissapointing if that's all they did, really had some room for improvement. I would have liked to see some white get in the striping.

But it's been said that they're getting new HOME and ROAD jerseys. If that's really the case, there's room for change back to what the fans clearly want.

So it's essentially their navy jersey, with navy and red swapped? Kind of dissapointing if that's all they did, really had some room for improvement. I would have liked to see some white get in the striping.

But it's been said that they're getting new HOME and ROAD jerseys. If that's really the case, there's room for change back to what the fans clearly want.

Let's hope by new, that they get old jerseys ;)

untitled-6.jpg

Lol at believing most professional sports teams give a :censored: about what the fans want.

Maybe some do, but especially when it comes to aesthetics in sports, it seems they really aren't too concerned with public opinion.

2ly2w09.jpg

Lol at believing most professional sports teams give a :censored: about what the fans want.

Maybe some do, but especially when it comes to aesthetics in sports, it seems they really aren't too concerned with public opinion.

I didn't say that. I know that team managers don't mind saluting the fans with a middle finger if it means making a profit from selling something unpopular to it's core fanbase. In the Panthers case, however, I just meant to say maybe they'll go back to the old look. If the old jerseys are selling more than the Edge jerseys, maybe they'll bring em' back.

I didn't say that. I know that team managers don't mind saluting the fans with a middle finger if it means making a profit from selling something unpopular to it's core fanbase. In the Panthers case, however, I just meant to say maybe they'll go back to the old look. If the old jerseys are selling more than the Edge jerseys, maybe they'll bring em' back.

I know you didn't, sorry wasn't trying to be rude to you with it. Just laughing because it seems these owners don't give a damn about the fans anymore. Like you said, the teams will give the finger to fans like the Lightning just did and the Devil Rays did years ago, by doing a complete and lame excused overall in the name of money making.

I would think with non-football Florida sports teams, hockey especially, the owners would want to be more in tune with their core fan base with changes such as logo and uniform. Teams don't often gain new season ticket holders by changing uniforms or logos, and as with the Devil Rays, they lost myself as a ticket purchaser. But if the Panthers are listening to fans, which would be smart to keep the seemingly small fan base they have, that is an awesome thing that more owners should follow.

If the Lightning had listened to fans, they would have not made the drastic changes. They appeased some fans by added some minor details asked for, but overall presented a :censored: logo and boring uniforms that were mostly unsupported by alot of diehard fans. I like my team too much to say F it, but I will not be buying any new merchandise from them.

Sigh, the wonderful world of sports and money.

2ly2w09.jpg

Bringing up the issue of the Panthers logos.. The only one that works for me is the one they currently have. The full body Panther looks great. I think the head logo looks strange and the half body one which is popping up on a few concept jerseys is even weirder. If that's a word. There's something about the full body Panther that, even though its very detailed, just works on a hockey jersey.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I love how any time a relocation is brought up, and an American city is suggested as a potential destination the canadians chime in. They immediately shut it down and claim that Quebec or Hamilton would be better. It's pretty funny that you think those canadian cities, which had teams in the past that failed, deserve them more than American cities. Maybe it's an inferiority complex? I'm not saying they couldn't support another team, but there are PLENTY of American cities that deserve them more and have been successful with NBA, NFL, and MLB teams. Just remember we have 23 teams and you have 7 in the NHL and in other major sports it's not even close...just saying

the teams will give the finger to fans like the Lightning just did and the Devil Rays did years ago, by doing a complete and lame excused overall in the name of money making.

In their defense, teams don't change their looks unless sales head south. When a team is selling well, it stays with what works. So fans have an opportunity to vote on all of these overhauls before they're even contemplated.

If the Lightning had listened to fans, they would have not made the drastic changes.

Conversely, if the fans were buying the prior merchandise, the Lightning would not have made the drastic changes.

Teams don't often gain new season ticket holders by changing uniforms or logos, and as with the Devil Rays, they lost myself as a ticket purchaser.

So you stopped supporting the team because you didn't like their uniform change? No wonder Tampa Bay is looking like a bust as a Major League market.

I know you didn't, sorry wasn't trying to be rude to you with it. Just laughing because it seems these owners don't give a damn about the fans anymore. Like you said, the teams will give the finger to fans like the Lightning just did and the Devil Rays did years ago, by doing a complete and lame excused overall in the name of money making.

I would think with non-football Florida sports teams, hockey especially, the owners would want to be more in tune with their core fan base with changes such as logo and uniform. Teams don't often gain new season ticket holders by changing uniforms or logos, and as with the Devil Rays, they lost myself as a ticket purchaser. But if the Panthers are listening to fans, which would be smart to keep the seemingly small fan base they have, that is an awesome thing that more owners should follow.

If the Lightning had listened to fans, they would have not made the drastic changes. They appeased some fans by added some minor details asked for, but overall presented a :censored: logo and boring uniforms that were mostly unsupported by alot of diehard fans. I like my team too much to say F it, but I will not be buying any new merchandise from them.

Sigh, the wonderful world of sports and money.

Kind of like what the Marlins are about to do even though it's obvious fans are worried about it...

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I love how any time a relocation is brought up, and an American city is suggested as a potential destination the canadians chime in. They immediately shut it down and claim that Quebec or Hamilton would be better. It's pretty funny that you think those canadian cities, which had teams in the past that failed, deserve them more than American cities. Maybe it's an inferiority complex? I'm not saying they couldn't support another team, but there are PLENTY of American cities that deserve them more and have been successful with NBA, NFL, and MLB teams. Just remember we have 23 teams and you have 7 in the NHL and in other major sports it's not even close...just saying

I had a long, thought out reply to this, but it's not worth it. You're nothing but a troll. tvko, I honestly apologize for applying that label to you. vmd? You literally add nothing of value to this community.

People want to see teams return to Canada because they'll succeed financially. Which they clearly aren't doing in locales like Phoenix, MiamiSouth Florida, and Columbus.

And a mighty LOL at a Cleveland fan accusing others of having an inferiority complex.

You can see rather clearly that there's no yoke on Fleury's jersey

MarcAndreFleury.jpg

Which is one of the reasons why I figured it was just tacked-on.

Which teams have seams, which teams don't? I don't think this is an authentic/replica thing based on that Canucks example having a yoke, even if it has the seam (though it's possible that replicas that have a yoke are seamless). Could this be an Edge 1.0/2.0 issue? Are equipment managers requesting double-layers on the shoulders so they last longer? Any ideas?

To my knowledge, almost all authentic Edge jerseys (regardless of being 1.0 or 2.0) have seams extending from the collar to the shoulders, regardless if they have a traditional shoulder yoke or not. The only exception I found so far is the Flyers latest throwback set because those sleeve length stripes are so thin at the top that an extra seam is not necessary. If anyone can find any other authentic Edge jerseys that don't feature that shoulder seam, post it here.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I know it's minor, but I don't like how the white EDGE jerseys show goalies' chest/arm protectors through them.

The Ducks one was the worst at this because the logo was so tiny.

Know what else used to be horrible at this? The white Avalance and Rangers jerseys when Starter made them (because they used that weird fabric).

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived