NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

From TSN today:

"In the meantime, True North is also hoping to announce the name of Winnipeg's team before the draft.

The NHL's board of governors is meeting in New York on Tuesday and will approve the sale of the Atlanta Thrashers and the relocation of the team to Winnipeg.

Unveiling the team name could take place shortly after Tuesday's meeting, however because of the uncertainty of the logo and sweater design, Winnipeg will use a generic NHL sweater when making its first selection, 7th overall at the Entry Draft."

I also heard the reason they are doing this is they want to make sure they have the jerseys ready for distribution before unveiling so the market doesnt get flooded with counterfits before they can officially release them for sale. I think it was Dreger on TSN who mentioned it last night in the pregame show

More apt to believe this:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/More+Hockey+World/4932759/story.html

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/289930-late-start-jeopardizing-winnipeg-uniform-order

With a general manager in place, Winnipeg can turn its attention to the bench ... though another practical matter is squeezing the franchise on the clock. According to former Oilers equipment man Barrie Stafford, NHL teams routinely put in their orders for new sweaters, jackets for coaches, and sundry other equipment for the next season with the league supplier Reebook in January and finalize things as soon as the season ends, which puts the new Winnipeg franchise in scramble mode. They don't have a nickname, don't have a logo, don't have team colors and it's already mid-June. Reebok uses a factory in China and delivery of the stuff to teams is often slow.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nhl?page=4#ixzz1PT8BKUat

Well, that lends further credence to the idea that they will be the Jets, and this was a last minute call, since there should normally have been enough lead time that Winnipeg would have a team next season just from what we've heard about Phoenix and Atlanta.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that lends further credence to the idea that they will be the Jets, and this was a last minute call, since there should normally have been enough lead time that Winnipeg would have a team next season just from what we've heard about Phoenix and Atlanta.

Or they could have all the Manitoba Moose stuff designs ready to go...

Plus, the Newfoundland AHL team will become Winnipeg's farm team, and they have said that they will keep the Moose colours, which leads me to believe True North is ready with a bunch of Manitoba Moose jerseys for the new team.

The NHL indeed is selling Jets stuff.

Illegalcurve.comis also giving a lot of shrift this morning to what I believe is our own Davidson's and Gordie's Jets proposal.

More on this in the Winnipeg Free Press. Apparently Chipman made a call on Davdison's design.

Winnipeg Free Press

I pray they do not go with this logo if they are called the Jets, way too much going on, and Canada already has a team with a maple leaf as the base of their logo, and identity....

Those numbers are horrible. Looks hokey and round. Different, but just...no. I love Davidson's work, but this doesn't fit, at least IMHO

Yeah, I like most of Davidson's work, but I'm not crazy about the jerseys in particular and apparently, judging from the comments of people who will actually buy merchandise, they don't like it either.

I also respect Fraser Davidson and his work. But those logos and uniforms aren't very good for a "Winnipeg Jets" professional hockey club. They simply aren't up to NHL standards. The emphasis on the maple leaf doesn't make sense for a club based in a city in Manitoba (i.e., the maple leaf cannot be used as a default symbol for every single Canadian team, just because they are in Canada), and the jets aren't rendered clearly enough or featured prominently enough. It's a very nice design piece, but not a suitable solution to the problem.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Plus, the Newfoundland AHL team will become Winnipeg's farm team, and they have said that they will keep the Moose colours, which leads me to believe True North is ready with a bunch of Manitoba Moose jerseys for the new team.

Not really. The child doesn't HAVE to look like the parent. It could be they ordered the Moose jerseys for either an AHL continuation or for other reasons and decided it would be easier to pull the logo and reuse the jerseys rather than just eating the loss.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No.

They will wear WINNIPEG'S colors next year. If Winnipeg is red and blue, so is St John's. If Winnipeg is brown and gold (as some insider reports are saying) then so is St John's.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

No, that's what was stated in the interview. Whatever the PARENT club is going to wear for colors (and likely jersey design, so let's head that off at the pass), the farm team will wear.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

No.

They will wear WINNIPEG'S colors next year. If Winnipeg is red and blue, so is St John's. If Winnipeg is brown and gold (as some insider reports are saying) then so is St John's.

Brown and gold, that sounds horrible. I could see a compromise of Blue from the Jets and the Gold from the Moose, to make it something of a compromise and nod to the history of hockey in Winnipeg during and after the Jets. However, the color combination sounds hideous and almost like the Thrashers, minus the maroon and blue(s).

The NHL indeed is selling Jets stuff.

Illegalcurve.comis also giving a lot of shrift this morning to what I believe is our own Davidson's and Gordie's Jets proposal.

More on this in the Winnipeg Free Press. Apparently Chipman made a call on Davdison's design.

Winnipeg Free Press

I pray they do not go with this logo if they are called the Jets, way too much going on, and Canada already has a team with a maple leaf as the base of their logo, and identity....

Those numbers are horrible. Looks hokey and round. Different, but just...no. I love Davidson's work, but this doesn't fit, at least IMHO

Yeah, I like most of Davidson's work, but I'm not crazy about the jerseys in particular and apparently, judging from the comments of people who will actually buy merchandise, they don't like it either.

I like the alternate he came up with. I think it would look fantastic as the Jet's mark. But hopefully they aren't the Jets and decide to build a new identity instead of a losing one

Manchester-City-icon.png

Looks waaaaaaaaaay too Columbus Blue Jackety.

How...? Other than sharing the colours, I don't see the similarities...

Honestly, I thought the same thing. Not current jackets, but the old blues with the red cuffs. It's not really a concrete thing, rather it just pops into your head. It really only works on the blue jerseys though.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

From TSN today:

"In the meantime, True North is also hoping to announce the name of Winnipeg's team before the draft.

The NHL's board of governors is meeting in New York on Tuesday and will approve the sale of the Atlanta Thrashers and the relocation of the team to Winnipeg.

Unveiling the team name could take place shortly after Tuesday's meeting, however because of the uncertainty of the logo and sweater design, Winnipeg will use a generic NHL sweater when making its first selection, 7th overall at the Entry Draft."

I also heard the reason they are doing this is they want to make sure they have the jerseys ready for distribution before unveiling so the market doesnt get flooded with counterfits before they can officially release them for sale. I think it was Dreger on TSN who mentioned it last night in the pregame show

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/289930-late-start-jeopardizing-winnipeg-uniform-order

With a general manager in place, Winnipeg can turn its attention to the bench ... though another practical matter is squeezing the franchise on the clock. According to former Oilers equipment man Barrie Stafford, NHL teams routinely put in their orders for new sweaters, jackets for coaches, and sundry other equipment for the next season with the league supplier Reebook in January and finalize things as soon as the season ends, which puts the new Winnipeg franchise in scramble mode. They don't have a nickname, don't have a logo, don't have team colors and it's already mid-June. Reebok uses a factory in China and delivery of the stuff to teams is often slow.

All authentic jerseys, Edge or otherwise, are made at this factory in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec. Replica jerseys are made in Indonesia. Nothing is made in China. I don't know where they got their info.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

From TSN today:

All authentic jerseys, Edge or otherwise, are made at this factory in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec. Replica jerseys are made in Indonesia. Nothing is made in China. I don't know where they got their info.

Unless even the NHL realized the Edge jerseys are too expensive and are also buying chinese counterfeits :rolleyes:

70389454.png

No.

Brown and gold, that sounds horrible.

Brown and gold? Sounds beautiful.

Great color scheme, sadly underused in pro sports.

We should be so lucky.

Archived