uah8tr

NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

I seriously hope you're joking Gothamite, because the color combination of brown and gold reminds me of this...

matt-prater25209101.jpg

... and if they turn from the Jets into the hockey equivalent of that, then the people who are the decision makers for their identity should lose their jobs and be blacklisted from the NHL forever.

brown and gold is gorgeous. especially brown and metallic gold.

i don't understand everyone's aversion to it. it's honestly one of the most aesthetically pleasing color schemes i can think of.

lgbrownsq.jpg

i don't understand everyone's aversion to it. it's honestly one of the most aesthetically pleasing color schemes i can think of.

lgbrownsq.jpg

Don't forget, brown and gold are the colours for the University of Manitoba Bisons teams...

Brown and gold does work, sometimes. But only for teams who are named the San Diego Padres.

Brown and gold does work, sometimes. But only for teams who are named the San Diego Padres.

So then you're saying that the new Winnipeg team will be called the San Diego Padres? Could this be the shocking re-brand that has been hinted at? It is certainly something that has never been done before...

I seriously hope you're joking Gothamite, because the color combination of brown and gold reminds me of this...

matt-prater25209101.jpg

... and if they turn from the Jets into the hockey equivalent of that, then the people who are the decision makers for their identity should lose their jobs and be blacklisted from the NHL forever.

But that is just a horrible execution of the colors. That template could make any color scheme look bad. It's about the application of the colors as much as it's about the colors themselves.

Example: The other day I wore green gym shorts with a royal blue t-shirt to work out. I love kelly green and royal blue together, but if a football team ever dressed in royal blue jerseys and kelly green pants it would look awful.

A deep brown with a metallic gold would look awesome, especially with Sterling's moose logo front and center. I would buy that jersey and I don't buy other team's jerseys.

So then you're saying that the new Winnipeg team will be called the San Diego Padres? Could this be the shocking re-brand that has been hinted at? It is certainly something that has never been done before...

Sure why not? lol

padreshockey.png

Jets trademark ownership aside, I'm reading that TNSE really DOESN'T want to go with Jets, and that they want a true break from the past. If they were ten minutes away from owning the Coyotes, as reports suggest, then Jets would make more sense but overall they want a new identity to represent the former Thrashers.

If this is the case, then I can start envisioning the Falcons name coming through with a deep brown and metallic gold (preferably more copper than vegas gold) color scheme; I'm not opposed to athletic gold/deep yellow for potential third jersey/fauxback marketing purposes, but I'm sure the younger, pee and poo centric boardmembers will disagree with me, as misguided though they are.

This is all speculation, of course. I have no more info than anyone else, I'm just connecting dots.

matt-prater25209101.jpg

Dead serious.

Those are gorgeous uniforms. With a couple minor changes (solid gold socks, gold helmet stripe, add a helmet logo) they'd be near the top of the league.

Beautiful, bold color scheme. Sadly underused.

Hearing rumblings on HF Boards that the team name will be announced this week. Players will get a generic blank jersey with the NHL logo at the draft. Logos / Uniforms to come in August. Take it with a grain of salt, but the guy claims to be in the know, and HF Boards is usually pretty reliable.

230543.jpg

It's a poor man's black and gold IMO.

Hearing rumblings on HF Boards that the team name will be announced this week. Players will get a generic blank jersey with the NHL logo at the draft. Logos / Uniforms to come in August. Take it with a grain of salt, but the guy claims to be in the know, and HF Boards is usually pretty reliable.

Considering TSN reported this five days ago...I'd say the source just read the TSN report.

So I see the link the the Thrashers website is still up on NHL.com...will that change after tomorrow when the board approves the sale and move?

Anyone saying brown and gold is awful simply doesn't know anything about colors.

What would be awful is another blue and red team in pro sports.

Built in joke about the new team and brown.

Brown and gold would be cool somewhere, just not for this team, especially if the college teams in town are already using it. Probably a good idea to separate yourself from the college teams.

How about brown and like a mint green, or a sea foam green. I could see a Milwaukee NHL team in that. It's a vaguely outdoorsy palette.