NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Where am I talking about acknowledging Thrasher history in their name/uniform? I have no idea what that entire first paragraph is referring to. Get off my lawn.

Jets trademark ownership aside, I'm reading that TNSE really DOESN'T want to go with Jets, and that they want a true break from the past. If they were ten minutes away from owning the Coyotes, as reports suggest, then Jets would make more sense but overall they want a new identity to represent the former Thrashers.

If this is the case, then I can start envisioning the Falcons name coming through with a deep brown and metallic gold (preferably more copper than vegas gold) color scheme; I'm not opposed to athletic gold/deep yellow for potential third jersey/fauxback marketing purposes, but I'm sure the younger, pee and poo centric boardmembers will disagree with me, as misguided though they are.

This is all speculation, of course. I have no more info than anyone else, I'm just connecting dots.

Perhaps I didn't understand you initially, but that part there is what I was responding to in my first paragraph. So sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm not a hardcore Jets fan, but the main issue I have would be if ownership decides to acknowledge what the fans seemingly want in the "Jets" and go a completely different route, or revive the Falcons' moniker. To me, TNSE can comment all they want to about the proud tradition of professional hockey in Manitoba, and honoring that history, but the fact is, when most hockey fans think of Manitoba or Winnipeg, it's the Jets, not the Moose, or Falcons. Plus, when it comes to merchandise sales they can't simply update their looks for the fanbase to buy an updated jersey, and updated souvenirs, or whatever else they come up with. I'm not expecting or hoping the Jets will return identical to what they looked like in 1996, that would be ridiculous. Plus, if they're so gung-ho about honoring Manitoba, you can design a shoulder patch with the outline of Manitoba as a tribute to the region, just don't go the route Calgary did in their rebrand.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, here's what I understand will happen this Friday:

--Winnipeg/Manitoba (the former Thrashers) will début their identity

--Nashville will unveil an athletic gold alternate

--Florida will unveil their new (primarily red) set

I think I'm missing Edmonton and another team or two, right?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Why in the world won't the Minnnesota Wild fix their uniforms??? I think the logo's fine, but the jersey's are way, WAAAAY too inconsistent, and have been for a while now, but it seems they not only won't do it, but they DON'T want to. It bothers me to no end.....I'd even take the numerals matching on both jerseys, ANYTHING!!!

the buffalo bills!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's not an alternate and it's not necessarily going to be athletic gold. Nashville will unveil two new Home and Away designs and if rumours are correct, the home will be either yellow or mustard.

It's not an alternate and it's not necessarily going to be athletic gold. Nashville will unveil two new Home and Away designs and if rumours are correct, the home will be either yellow or mustard.

Eh, I wasn't so sure about the Predators' uniforms being alts. or not. Let's hope that they don't go overboard with the uniform design; IMO I like the idea of an athletic gold uniform in place of a white road uniform (if they can and do).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Judging by the tshirts they gave the fans to wear during the playoffs, it's pretty clear that the Predators organization is starting to push yellow as their brand. I wouldn't be surprised if yellow was promoted to the home jersey rather than alternate, they'd wear it much more and in front of the fans that seemed to like the playoff promotion. Not such a bad idea in my book, it's not used as a primary jersey color in the league, pretty unique.

Winnipeg has had three weeks to get something ready, and they only with in the hour got their site up. No name, logo, jerseys ready by the draft? Those kids deserve to get something better than a hat with an NHL logo on it.

My biggest fear with the Winnipegs is that they'll come up with some rushed, crappy logo that we'll be stuck with for years like the OKC Thunder.

Simple solution: Name them the Jets. Announce a throwback logo/uniform set for the first season to commemorate the NHL's return to Winnipeg. Then, spend the next year doing a really good update on the brand and release that for 2012-13. Done.

If not this, at least give an old Winnipeg Jets jersey to the draft pick instead of a generic NHL one.

My biggest fear with the Winnipegs is that they'll come up with some rushed, crappy logo that we'll be stuck with for years like the OKC Thunder.

Simple solution: Name them the Jets. Announce a throwback logo/uniform set for the first season to commemorate the NHL's return to Winnipeg. Then, spend the next year doing a really good update on the brand and release that for 2012-13. Done.

If not this, at least give an old Winnipeg Jets jersey to the draft pick instead of a generic NHL one.

probably the best solution

spacer.png

spacer.png

probably the best solution

Agreed 100%. I wouldn't mind seeing these being used full-time for a year or two, until they release a new updated set of uniforms...

TeamuSelanne.jpg

Did the Moose have the Goals for Kids campaign?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That solution of wearing the throwback Jets logos/uniforms for a year or two until they can come up with a properly thought out and designed updated identity sounds like the best route for them to go. Definitely don't want to see another OKC Thunder situation.

That is unless the decide to go with Moose and they could then adopt those uniforms with little or no modifications as well.

On the Panthers front, I'm very excited for the red debut on Friday. I'm prepared to run over to the arena and pick one up, hope they don't disappoint!

That generic NHL jersey would be one helluvah collector's item.....

Archived