NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I'm impressed. LOVE this update the more I look at it, and now that I see the proper yellow color. The guitar pick is very effective, love the simplicity, I didn't even notice what it was at first but now I'm a huge fan of that logo. The primary is, like someone said, 1000% percent better, so much cleaner and more streamlined. Plus I think the elimination of silver is a step in the right direction, separates from Buffalo and now the roads won't have the annoying white first, silver second color scheme. I really hope the home is yellow at this point but I think the Predators have made a huge upgrade here.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guitar pick is too gimmicky. Yes, I realize Nashville is the Music City, but it seems incongruous within a brand identity for a team called the "Predators." This is just an attempt to shoehorn something regional in its logo package.

I'm just nit-picking, certainly, because the rest of this update is a big improvement. I just think a guitar pick would be better suited to an identity tied more directly to music.

I'm impressed. LOVE this update the more I look at it, and now that I see the proper yellow color. The guitar pick is very effective, love the simplicity, I didn't even notice what it was at first but now I'm a huge fan of that logo. The primary is, like someone said, 1000% percent better, so much cleaner and more streamlined. Plus I think the elimination of silver is a step in the right direction, separates from Buffalo and now the roads won't have the annoying white first, silver second color scheme. I really hope the home is yellow at this point but I think the Predators have made a huge upgrade here.

There may be nothing to it, but the Preds have changed the background on the website to a jersey material. Interesting...

The guitar pick is too gimmicky. Yes, I realize Nashville is the Music City, but it seems incongruous within a brand identity for a team called the "Predators." This is just an attempt to shoehorn something regional in its logo package.

I'm just nit-picking, certainly, because the rest of this update is a big improvement. I just think a guitar pick would be better suited to an identity tied more directly to music.

That's fine though. It's the shoulder alternate mark. It's supposed to emphasize a part of the identity that the primary isn't. The primary represents the "Predators" half of the name, the guitar pick alternates represents the "Nashville" half.

There may be nothing to it, but the Preds have changed the background on the website to a jersey material. Interesting...

It must have a meaning if they just put it up there. And notice how the jersey pattern is primarily yellow with a thin white stripe and then some blue. This must confirm that there's going to be a yellow jersey or else what a way to mislead everybody.

That's fine though. It's the shoulder alternate mark. It's supposed to emphasize a part of the identity that the primary isn't. The primary represents the "Predators" half of the name, the guitar pick alternates represents the "Nashville" half.

Exactly. It's like the Panthers awesome sun/palm tree/hockey stick shoulder patch. It identifies the team with it's region/city, but doesn't necessarily tie in with the team mascot.

I love the guitar pick.

Yeah, I think if they were to be called the "Jets" they would have released the name by now. Hope to be proven wrong though. I think it's a mistake to go against your fan-base's wishes though. But if Baltimore can have a team not called the "Colts" than I think Winnipeg will survive.

I really believe the Avalanche are in desperate need of a Rebrand, and hopefully they steer towards the former Colorado Rockies feel

That is an awful idea. The Avalanche' logos and colours are fine, they just need to change the jerseys to something close to the pre-edge ones. 2 Stanley Cups were won in that look, it should have never changed in the first place.

I really believe the Avalanche are in desperate need of a Rebrand, and hopefully they steer towards the former Colorado Rockies feel

That is an awful idea. The Avalanche' logos and colours are fine, they just need to change the jerseys to something close to the pre-edge ones. 2 Stanley Cups were won in that look, it should have never changed in the first place.

+1 to Morgo's idea. Adjust the current Avs jerseys to pre-Edge. There's no reason the team needs to go back to old Colorado Rockies look or feel.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just a thought...if we were going to see a different name OTHER than Jets, would we not have seen it already on those copyright sites? I only ask because the Victoria Royals logo was found on there before the name was released. The only thing that has been discovered in regards to the Winnipeg team has been the Jets stuff...just throwing that out there to ponder on.

Archived