NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I like it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said in the other thread. Only thing I would change would be to change the hem on the white jersey to blue.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I know it's nigh-on impossible to judge a numeral font on one digit, but I get way too much of a Ducks vibe from that 1. The wordmark placement and front clavicle inserts give it the feel of a Walmart* jersey. And the guitar strings across the numbers are a bit too gimmicky, unlike the subtle touch of the guitar pick secondary. Plus they'll probably look nowhere near as good on numbers like 5, 6, 8, and 9.

Maybe as more is unveiled, I'll come around to it. But for now: eeesh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I should hate everything about them, but I don't. I love them. They're already the best uniforms this team has ever worn and I love the uniqueness of the yellow jersey.

The template is a little too "bluesy" in the sense that they look like the Blues and not in the sense that they have a general musical theme. Speaking of the Blues, the reebok logo can fit on the back of these without disrupting the design, why can't the Blues' jerseys?

And anyone who thought the pick logo was gimmicky is gonna LOVE the numbers.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That wordmark placement is absolutely terrible.

Really?

Think that's miles ahead of what they did with Vancouver.

The wordmark is a random effort to remind opponents and other fan-bases that this hockey team is from/plays in Nashville.

I would LOVE these uniforms if it weren't for:

1) The piping.

2) The seemingly random placement of the "Nashville" wordmark.

But for now...they're "meh." Great logo, but the uniforms don't match the quality of the logo set.

Archived