NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Does the addition of those lines in the numbers make it unique enough to not be violating the use of the ducks font?

Are they proprietary?

If they are, then I am guessing that either Reebok or the NHL owns the rights and that neither of them have a problem with two teams using the font.

jNTsTyQ.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, maybe it's just me, but that looks an awful lot like the Thrashers' number font.

Here's a picture to illustrate:

p1905246p275w.jpg

We'll know more once we see some more numbers.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe it looks more like the Ducks' font, as many people here have stated:

513r3HiiyuL.jpg

That useless piping is annoying please fot the love of god get rid of it everywhere

Agreed.

I've never been a fan of piping, and there is so much gratuitous piping int he NHL these days.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Does the addition of those lines in the numbers make it unique enough to not be violating the use of the ducks font?

How do we know that it's the Ducks' font? We've only seen what the 1 looks like; while that 1 does look like Anahiem's, 2-9 and 0 could look completely different. We won't know 'till we see more numbers.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

True North to make Hockey Ops announcement today at 11 AM

http://winnipeg.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=566921

It's probably just to officially confirm that they have indeed hired Claude Noel as their head coach which, while reported yesterday, was never actually formally announced.

Not surprised the numbers are so similar to Anaheim's. Those two teams were the guinea pigs for sublitwill, and now lots of teams are using it. I still think it is cheap looking, and hated when Atlanta swapped to it last year.

I didn't know what sublitwill was until I looked it up right now. It would appear that the Ducks only used Sublitwill during the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons and only for a handful of players as many game-worn jerseys from those seasons have the standard triple layered twill (albeit kiss-cut). The Predators recent sets only seemed to use Sublitwill on the sleeve numbers. The back numbers were still two solid layers.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Corey Perry was just on Sportscenter and he was wearing the Ducks alt. jersey. Are the Ducks expected to make a jersey change too?

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Count me among the fans of using yellow as the home, but also in the anti-apron strings camp. I just don't get them on any jersey they've ben used. Maybe it was like that when the first team put Northwestern stripes on a football jersey's sleeves. But it just never looks right to me.

Northwestern stripes never made anyone look pear-shaped and overweight the way apron-string piping does.

According to TSN.ca, Winnipeg will reveal the name just before making their pick today at the draft:

The club is expected to name its team just prior to making the 7th overall pick during tonight's NHL Entry Draft, which can be seen live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. Make sure to check out TSN.ca for a live hockey blog with TSN Analyst Craig Button, beginning at 6:30 pm et/3:30 pm pt.

i love the hybrid scratch mark/6-strings on the numbers.

or am i reading too much into it?

How many cats do you know with 6 claws on one paw?

I think you're reading too much into the scratch marks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Panthers new unis coming out July 1st.

Everything I've read (Panthers twitter) says new unis will be unveiled tonight.

Draft day is here! Exciting day with the first round starting at 7pm ET and the unveiling of the jersey hopefully shortly after

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The schedule just came out today. Does anyone know if New Jersey is going to wear the throwbacks again for a "retro-night" in March like they did the past 2 seasons?

What's their nearest home game to St. Patrick's day?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Looks like Winnipeg will announce it name at the podium before their pick. It will probably be Jets, just not sure if it will have "Winnipeg" or "Manitoba" in front of it.

that would be incredibly selfish of them (hear me out). The draft is NOT about the teams themselves (in terms of an off-ice perspective such as jerseys, logos, etc). The draft is and should always be about the players that got drafted and what they mean to the lineups.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Archived